PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Antonio Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Antonio Brown is like a full moon. He’s got everyone on edge and turning on each other. James Devlin doesn’t bring out those emotions. Just saying.
It would make a difference -- at least for the purposes of discussion on this message board -- if people would understand that this involves a CIVIL SUIT and NOT a criminal proceeding involving law enforcement. By definition it's not a matter of determining Brown's guilt or innocence, it's whether a jury can be persuaded to award the woman money. Already from what I've seen presented by Brown's lawyer there is ample reason to doubt the woman's story. The suit should be allowed to run its course while Brown should be allowed to run pass routes for New England.

Don't know what happened, but the "having sex 3 times is not rape" is not valid, since that is not what she claims happened.

1. He tried to kiss her and made unwanted advances.
2. Jerked off behind her and ejaculated on her.
3. Raped her. (after promising the sexual stuff would stop)

I'm not saying any of this actually happened, but at least it's a plausibel sequence of events.

I won't - however - make any judgement based on what we know now.

Why is she not seeking criminal chargers, can someone explain that to me?

Why do you think?

If I’m wrong, I’ll come back and admit it but these allegations don’t pass the smell test, at all.

@ RealTannenbaum
Because the Rape and Sexual assault accusations are in a civil lawsuit Antonio Brown remains eligible to play.
yet he is signed with the Patriots, other Goodell rules apply in that case o_O

he is already thinking about how he can get the next years 1st round draft pick taken away:p

@ RealTannenbaum
Because the Rape and Sexual assault accusations are in a civil lawsuit Antonio Brown remains eligible to play.
Unfortunately, Goodell will go through his fake BS process where he pretends to be neutral during his 6-8-10 week investigation, only to find Brown worthy of a suspension, which will just happen to be during the stretch run of the season + playoffs.

Men have gone to prison for rape based on the woman's testimony only to be exonerated by DNA evidence years later.

And lots and lots of men have gotten no jail time or even had their crime reported...

I will never understand how can you seek money for something like that. But let's wait and see.
Because the U.S. has two legal systems -- civil and criminal. In a criminal case you can be found guilty and sent to prison. In a civil case you can be found "liable" for harm/damages and ordered to pay money.

The NFL should have NOTHING to do with investigating sexual assault, just like college administrations should have nothing to do with them. Anyway.

I don’t have much to add to the other 50 pages here really. Sucks, of course. And I didn’t like the Thomas trade even before this broke and I dislike it more now.

Best case, there is no league action this week, which will indicate there won’t be any, nothing else emerges, the season continues, and this fades into the background until the suit is dismissed sometime next year. So, fingers crossed this week.

I do this to my wife all the time. Sometimes I’m too lazy to make it over to her side of the bed, so I end up getting my own back. I do one of those Bo Jackson over the shoulder things. I don’t really see what the big deal is. No one has ever tried to sue me for it.

Yeah, when I have a house guest, I masterbate and ejaculate all over them while they're sleeping even though we're not involved in a sexual relationship. They're always cool with it and comeback to visit again. Especially when they're trying to con me for $1.6 million.

Yeah, when I have a house guest, I masterbate and ejaculate all over them while they're sleeping even though we're not involved in a sexual relationship.
Don’t beat yourself up. They know what they’re signing up for when they walk into that house.

Because the U.S. has two legal systems -- civil and criminal. In a criminal case you can be found guilty and sent to prison. In a civil case you can be found "liable" for harm/damages and ordered to pay money.

We have 3 systems Civil, Penal(Legal) and Administrative.

Here we have 2 types of crimes. One is the ''State'' is mandatory to investigate (rape, murder). So if she is rape she can seek money but the state will investigate what happened (if they found that she is lying the civil case is dismissed and she is charged with crimes). If she ''win'' the civil case helps her in the legal case. She will never seek only money here, that amazes me.

That didn’t stop them from placing Tyreek Hill on the commissioner’s list and preventing him from practicing. It also didn’t stop them from suspending Zeke for 6 games.

Hill was never put on the exempt list and Elliot wasn't suspended until after the criminal and nfl investigation was complete which law enforcement didn't side with him, the prosecutor said he believed the victim just couldn't prove it so he didn't charge Elliot.

Her behavior and his messages to her all point toward a money grab. Why on earth would we assume he is guilty and why would the Patriots react negatively until some of the evidence starts to point the other way??Also, the idea that Rosenhaus didn’t disclose this to the Patriots is absurd. They know about it, their PR team will deal with it and they will use the media hate to bring them closer together.

Oxymoron

why is everyone so fed up?

there is like a 10% chance he is guilty and even if he is investigations take months. The Patriots will already be SB54 champions and AB SB54 MVP

Hill was never put on the exempt list and Elliot wasn't suspended until after the criminal and nfl investigation was complete which law enforcement didn't side with him, the prosecutor said he believed the victim just couldn't prove it so he didn't charge Elliot.
Yes, KC suspended him rather than place him on the commissioner’s list. The DA did not bring forth charges, yet he was still suspended. Had they not done so, he almost certainly would’ve been placed on the list. Either way, it affected his standing with the team and the NFL for a while until after the league had completed their own investigation.

Zeke was suspended but that was after the police/DA decided to close the case without charges. Point being, the NFL will do their own thing, which they’ve already confirmed. The big question is whether it will actually be fair, and what will happen to him in the meantime.

Well, it was fun while it lasted, which was about 48 hrs.
because someone is accusing AB of something it's over for him? Not sure I can follow you on this.

why is everyone so fed up?

there is like a 10% chance he is guilty and even if he is investigations take months. The Patriots will already be SB54 champions and AB SB54 MVP

He cannot be found guilty unless the State of Florida brings charges against him. Here, he could he found liable for damages but won't go to jail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back