• Yes, make it happen BB!

Votes: 18 19.8%
  • No, we can spend out money/assets better elsewhere

Votes: 73 80.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd wager as least as many as care about your position.
And I’d wager that many of us feel you are a lonely man that sits behind a computer all day trying to prove other Patsfans wrong to make yourself feel better

Carr has become one of the more polarizing QBs in the NFL. Seems to be opinions about him all across the spectrum. He did cry/didn’t cry. Locker room loves/hates him. Has great skills/sucks unless he has an elite OL. Gruden loves him as their future QB/ would dump him in heartbeat but can’t due to the contract. Honestly have no idea what to think about the guy any more.

Was this the PFT article about Carr crying on the field? I remember that one.

“On the ground I yelled get me up get me,” Carr said on Twitter. “Then I got to the sideline and yelled again. Not one tear. Not one time. There is the Truth. People will click on it because it sounds crazy. But stop playing with me.”

The video made the rounds at the time the incident happened; we “I broke my back. I broke my ankle. I didn’t cry then,” Carr said, via Kawahara. “My trainer texted me some pictures of me making the same face, so I guess I cry when I train too.”from writing about it because it’s not really clear what he’s doing or saying, and there was no reason to think it had any relevance to anything. The situation became newsworthy when TheAthletic.com published an article containing this contention: “They saw his face. They heard his whimper. They witnessed him explain on the sidelines. They assuredly watched it again in film session. It’s hard to see how Carr can lead this team again.”

Derek Carr chimes in on #Crygate: “Not one tear. Not one time.”

Hit 16 times in that game Broken Pinky Finger (Throwing Hand) Sprained Thumb (Throwing Hand) Knee Sprain MCL Grade 2 High Ankle Sprain Grade 3 Concussion Grade 1 Chest / Ribs Bruised 3 Broken Bones in his Back Broken Fibula Bone in Leg 2 Missed Games (because they made him)

Raiders tight end Lee Smith defended quarterback Derek Carr in the locker room Wednesday without being prompted, Matt Kawahara of the San Francisco Chronicle reports. He called reports Carr has a fractured relationship with teammates “horse[expletive].”

Derek Carr: I didn’t cry when I broke my back or my ankle either

And I’d wager that many of us feel you are a lonely man that sits behind a computer all day trying to prove other Patsfans wrong to make yourself feel better

I'm in after a night out having dinner and drinks with friends and family, which would run counter to the lonely man theory. Regardless, you're posting back to me at 2 am on a Saturday morning, and you're pathetically making a personal attack against me because I dismissed a post you made about the toughness of an NFL player.

How sad for you.

It’s a bit of a make or break type year for Carr, so I can’t really blame them for going out and getting him some actual weapons.

Imagine for instance, what a difference adding Antonio Brown and say, DK Metcalf on the outside might do. No doubting your point about adding to the circus that seems to surround the Raiders, but I totally get why they’d take a chance on a talented player at a position of need like this, too.
You make a great point. I am just speaking from the fragile state with regards to Carr. Thanks though for replying by showing some dignity to your fellow Patsfan while making your point. More than I can say for some of the Interogators on this site

Holy **** that is one beat up QB and apparently one overmatched OL.

Interesting...now that you posted this, I do recall reading Carr’s side of the story. Not to dismiss this at all, but it seems like there’s some major agendas at play with almost everything involving Carr. Here we have a story that Carr’s relationship is fractured, presumably by a real source and fed to an Atlantic writer for some reason. Then Carr’s brother with a laundry list of his injuries and Carr himself taking a really vocal stance against the report, the level of defensiveness that is somewhat abnormal...you’d think if there was nothing to the report he’d just roll his eyes or dismiss it rather than cite other instances where he didn’t cry (I mean this is kind of bizarre right?) Just real difficult to understand what, if anything, is actually going on with Carr, the locker room, Gruden, etc.

Interesting...now that you posted this, I do recall reading Carr’s side of the story. Not to dismiss this at all, but it seems like there’s some major agendas at play with almost everything involving Carr. Here we have a story that Carr’s relationship is fractured, presumably by a real source and fed to an Atlantic writer for some reason. Then Carr’s brother with a laundry list of his injuries and Carr himself taking a really vocal stance against the report, the level of defensiveness that is somewhat abnormal...you’d think if there was nothing to the report he’d just roll his eyes or dismiss it rather than cite other instances where he didn’t cry (I mean this is kind of bizarre right?) Just real difficult to understand what, if anything, is actually going on with Carr, the locker room, Gruden, etc.

What's odd to me is that we've all seen players crying after injury, yet we're supposed to buy into the notion that Carr's theoretical crying was a bridge too far, despite this really not being an issue played up before with those other players. Anything's possible, but that seems farfetched to me.

What's odd to me is that we've all seen players crying after injury, yet we're supposed to buy into the notion that Carr's theoretical crying was a bridge too far, despite this really not being an issue played up before with those other players. Anything's possible, but that seems farfetched to me.

Brady was screaming/crying after that ACL shred by Pollard in 2008. I read an article about this a while back and one of the Chiefs (I think Pollard himself) describes the agony of that injury. There seems to be some propaganda war going on with Carr.

• Agree
Reactions: jah
I'm in after a night out having dinner and drinks with friends and family, which would run counter to the lonely man theory. Regardless, you're posting back to me at 2 am on a Saturday morning, and you're pathetically making a personal attack against me because I dismissed a post you made about the toughness of an NFL player.

How sad for you.
We are suppose to be fellow Patsfans. Having fun while stating our views. You can respond with some toned down responses and have a better rapport than always trying to call out someone. Why do some of you always seem to be angry and in attack mode all the time. By the way I am up with a sick grandchild. I post very rarely, Thought I’d kill some time until the Patsfans Police came out. What I can tell you is you talk to me with respect and dignity and I’ll do the same with you.When I sense a pompous response then game on.

We are suppose to be fellow Patsfans. Having fun while stating our views. You can respond with some toned down responses and have a better rapport than always trying to call out someone. Why do some of you always seem to be angry and in attack mode all the time. By the way I am up with a sick grandchild. I post very rarely, Thought I’d kill some time until the Patsfans Police came out. What I can tell you is you talk to me with respect and dignity and I’ll do the same with you.When I sense a pompous response then game on.

I didn't call you out. I dismissed accusations of a locker room fracture over a player crying. I used specific words

Can I dismiss those reports because other players denied them, and because Carr denied crying and has a history of not crying when injured, even when badly injured?

because of how you'd posted your earlier comment

You can not dismiss the reports of Carr and the fractured locker room that surrounds him by saying I never met him.

You behaved like an ass in response, and came with personal attacks. Trying to flip it around on me isn't going to change that or magically put you onto some magical Patsfans.com moral high ground.

And I'm sorry about your grandchild, and I hope (s)he gets better soon.

I didn't call you out. I dismissed accusations of a locker room fracture over a player crying. I used specific words

because of how you'd posted your earlier comment

You behaved like an ass in response, and came with personal attacks. Trying to flip it around on me isn't going to change that or magically put you onto some magical Patsfans.com moral high ground.

And I'm sorry about your grandchild, and I hope (s)he gets better soon.
Thank you for your regards towards my grandkid. Sorry if I snapped but some of you guys come in strong and are very argumentative. That gets my goat. No pun intended towards Brady. Some can respond in a nice demeanor while others make you feel like you need to retain an attorney. Supafly responded to me and he gives the impression of having a different opinion but showing some respect in doing so. Others break down everything you say and start the interrogation process. Thanks and my apology. Maybe I’m not cut out for this social media stuff

There were reports his Oline put no effort to block for him, I dont know if it was in that Seattle game where he really got spanked or other game, but that kind of thing its possible to analyze through game tape. That kind of thing if true is more plausible to have a man drop some tears in anger than the physical pain of the hits.

Steelers fans never disappoint. Someone (probably a Steelers fan) edited an NFL deaft Wiki page and gave the Steelers the 4th pick in this years draft. They are now having a serious discussion about whom the Steelers will pick at 4, speculating that the Raiders will be willing to swap picks with them in the 1st, giving up pick 4 for pick 20 (which carries a value of pick 17 overall)

steelerfury.com • View topic - AB trade close to completion...

Steelers fans never disappoint. Someone (probably a Steelers fan) edited an NFL deaft Wiki page and gave the Steelers the 4th pick in this years draft. They are now having a serious discussion about whom the Steelers will pick at 4, speculating that the Raiders will be willing to swap picks with them in the 1st, giving up pick 4 for pick 20 (which carries a value of pick 17 overall)

To be fair it is Gruden

Lol if he gets cut..

Man, I just hope the oline in Oakland sucks even more this year. AB gonna struggle catching passes from Carr's backup when he inevitably goes down in the first few weeks. It will be quite entertaining to say the least. #raiderdrama

Wow you broke down my statement like F Lee Bailey would have. I have an opinion with the knowledge I have accumulated, as do you. I don’t do copy and paste stuff. Christ I don’t even own a cell phone (my choice) and refuse to do My Face and Tweet (my choice). Look up a Florio Profootballtalk article concerning fractured locker room in Oakland, I based my decision off of this and the fact that Cooper once played great with Carr. Just because Chucky moved on does not mean that it was the right choice. Maybe try to reignite the magic they once had instead of adding a productive yet devisive receiver. I will end it at that.
Well I just asked you to explain your mental evaluation and clearly said I was open to being swayed if you know something I don’t.
And cooper already failed with carr. The entire 17 season and the part of 18 until they traded him, he was terrible. (Compared to a #1 wr). What would change in 19? And part of the reason they traded him was his contract demands.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rapoport holding a big time L on this one. It’s very, very clear that he did not properly vet his sources. Yet another example of how the media has become an absolute joke of an entity in the Twitter age.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots