Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely!!! Still wish we had Cooks.

Brown's salaries:

2019 (age 31) .. $12.625M
2020 (age 32) .. $11.300M
2021 (age 33) .. $12.500M

TOTAL = $36.425M .. $12.14 AAV
Until his agent (Rosenhaus IIRC) and he say they want to...renegotiate....upwards.. No thanks....

Until his agent (Rosenhaus IIRC) and he say they want to...renegotiate....upwards.. No thanks....

The other thing is that the Pats are already going to need to do some maneuvering to retain both Flowers and Trent Brown. Add Antonio's cap hit to the mix, and it gets a lot more complicated.

It would almost make more sense for BB to use three of his 12 draft picks on WRs (plus sign 3 more UDFAs) and hope that one of them works out.

I have an idea.

Draft a WR that wont be working at Golds Gym the following year. Cant they find just 1 in 17 years?

Even if the Patriots were to make a good offer, the Steelers would probably not want him to land in New England.

I could see them making a deal with the Raiders.

Actually, since the Steelers are unlikely to be scheduled against the Raiders again until 2021, that probably works.

BTW - I went to the Steelers' "official" website to find out their future opponents, and it's format, graphic and typefaces are now identical to those on the official sites for the Pats and Giants. I bet if we looked round at a few more, it would pretty much prove that Patriots.com isn't even being operated by the Pats anymore - that it's been outsourced.

AB posted in his Instagram (it was in his stories, so that means it was up for 24h then it died) a chat between him and TB12

If I were a Steelers fan I'd be piiiiiiiiissed :D

But there is also no chance in frozen hell they'd trade him to us, so it was really just to put some salt in the wound i figure

Lol just saw on the Steelers forum, during tomlins presser James Harrison tweets out a video with ab sitting next to him and theyre about to do an exclusive interview or something haha this just gets better and better

No way do I want Brown on the Pats. Let someone else deal with his bs.

A wonderful issue for the Steelers to focus on in the offseason! And, maybe Roger the Even Punishment Dodger will make their coach pay for lying on the injury report (a girl can dream, right?) at the start of next season.

A female FB friend of mine recently posted a meme ...

"Yeah, '50 Shades of Grey' is nice and all. But have you ever fantasized about the Pats kicking the sh it out of the Giants in the Superbowl?"

The Steelers wouldn't trade him to the Pats but the problem is teams with the most cap space in 2019 are all AFC teams too.

Colts
Jets
Bills
Browns
Raiders
Texans

Good chance if you trade him to the Colts, Browns or Texans to he could still hurt you.

How much did he hurt us with the Steelers?

Not sure how the money would fair but with a need for talent at the position I'd look at trying to acquire Beckham or Brown in the offseason. They'd be better than anyone on the free agent market despite their obvious warts and this team has trouble drafting wide receivers.

If I had to pick I'd take Brown because despite the diva personality he gives it all on the field. Seeing Beckham not even attempt to dive for an onside kick ala Cam Newton in the SB soured me on him.

"The money" (cap space), wouldn't work out well. The Pats would certainly need to move Hightower, say goodbye to Gronk, restructure/extend at least DMAC and Brady, and still have to choose between retaining Flowers or Trent Brown or about a half-dozen lesser-paid players.

I've worked it out on my own spreadsheet, so I'm not guessing here.

Just for the truckloads of salt from Steeler Nation. :D

I don't want Antonio brown. I want him black and blue;)

My problem is this. Pitt is too close to Ohio and not far enough away from where the Donner party happened so no way

We can win without this freak. What’s the difference between him and Odell?

I’d assume he would have to take a pay cut to come here. Not a chance he would do that.

Vet minimum.

If he said something like he would come here for nothing to win a ring. I would believe him.

Brady does not earn 21 mill per. Can anyone explain this?

If Brown didn’t have issues there wouldn’t even be talk of a trade. Let’s face it, any elite player that ends up on the trade block for cheap will have some issues. Given that, if you are going to trade for anybody it might as well be AB. He’s as elite as they come.

Edit: PS: with that being said, there is no chance of it happening. But I said the same thing about Gordon so who knows?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST