PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Another trade: Cassius Marsh, DE for a Fifth and a Seventh

Status
Not open for further replies.
DE Cassius Marsh traded from Seattle to New England, per source.

Anyone know anything about him?
Classic BB move. Young guy, positional versitility, shown some promise.

My understanding is he's a FA at the end of 2017.

According to Wiki he's a hardcore Magic the Gathering player so he sounds like an intelligent nerd who won't make waves.

So is Marsh our 3rd DE now?

Like this trade.

His combine agility scores are very good for a DE, so there's some baseline level of athleticism there to work with. Given how little we have at the position, I'm intrigued. He could play a pretty big role this season if he's any good.

According to the trade compensation & Seahawks fans' thoughts on Marsh, he's our new starting OLB across Hightower in the 3-3-5 & a potential breakout player.

Jackpot.

We now have the other side to Flowers.

I liked Marsh coming out.

He's ready to fight at 4am and one of those guys you want on your side in sketchy situations lol. Every team needs a guy that will cross the line a bit and his intensity has always helped more than hurt his teams.

He lined up all over at UCLA, inside/out. Great motor and chase. Ball carriers will always be looking over their shoulders for Flowers and Marsh. Two high effort run/chase, pursuit guys right there.

I like his hands too. Hands are so important to linemen. Your initial move won't always work and hands are crucial when snaps turn into a fight and you have to disengage. Or if you're using them during a club, bull/snatch etc

He actually has pretty decent bend for a guy that looks like pledging for the Hells Angels. At times he has the ability to get flat & bend.

Def a team first guy that doesn't care about stats and won't sell out to get any.

Also caught a few passes at UCLA. I think at least one was a TD although this was years ago. Has NFL genes too. Father and Brother played.

Biggest concerns were functional strength and plan of attack when rushing the QB.

1) He's def got stronger since coming out. Simply watching his college and most recent tape will verify that.

2) I read M.B.'s comments the other day and that's great to hear.

I liked Marsh coming out.

He's ready to fight at 4am and one of those guys you want on your side in sketchy situations lol. Every team needs a guy that will cross the line a bit and his intensity has always helped more than hurt his teams.

He lined up all over at UCLA, inside/out. Great motor and chase. Ball carriers will always be looking over their shoulders for Flowers and Marsh. Two high effort run/chase, pursuit guys right there.

I like his hands too. Hands are so important to linemen. Your initial move won't always work and hands are crucial when snaps turn into a fight and you have to disengage. Or if you're using them during a club, bull/snatch etc

He actually has pretty decent bend for a guy that looks like pledging for the Hells Angels. At times he has the ability to get flat & bend.

Def a team first guy that doesn't care about stats and won't sell out to get any.

Also caught a few passes at UCLA. I think at least one was a TD although this was years ago. Has NFL genes too. Father and Brother played.

Biggest concerns were functional strength and plan of attack when rushing the QB.

1) He's def got stronger since coming out. Simply watching his college and most recent tape will verify that.

2) I read M.B.'s comments the other day and that's great to hear.
Great post.

I think football pedigree means a lot to BB

Great post.

I think football pedigree means a lot to BB

Prob should have "agreed" than "liked" lol.

It absolutely does, 100%.

Those guys care about the team, game etc and there's no substitute for that.

I've always said that Bill reminds me of the ultimate, classic movie High School coach.

To him there's no price on camaraderie between teammates, effort and putting the team first.

My understanding is he's a FA at the end of 2017.

According to Wiki he's a hardcore Magic the Gathering player so he sounds like an intelligent nerd who won't make waves.

I had no idea about his football play ability, but I knew he played MtG so the nerd in me was pumped about this trade haha.

Last edited:
I had no idea about his football play ability, but I knew he played MtG so the nerd in me was pumped about this trade haha.
I like it, shows a guy who likes to do some strategic planning in his free time. You don't do well in m:tg tournament play unless you come to the table with a strong game plan and know how to execute the plan in a lot of different situations. A guy with more than 20 lb of ribeye steak in his head is somebody Belichick can probably work with

seems like after SEA traded for richardson, they were more willing to part with cassius

What the hell is MtG?

Is it like Dungeons and Dragons?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye