PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Content Post another late night rant

This has an opening post with good commentary and information, which we definitely recommend reading.
2000 and 2020 were rebuilds, if you cannot see what went into those years not sure what else i can tell you. When dynasty v1 hit its end in 2009 we had a team that in most cases would be 7-9ish but having brady here to drag their carcus to the wild card round was really the only difference between that year and 2020. If brady was here in 2020, maybe we win 10 games and get booted early again.

It takes years to build a team back up to contender status in this league once the window has closed. Bb might get them back to contender status, hopefully even win one without tom like tom got one without him. The 2 being together obviously lead to 3 titles in a short span on multiple occasions, and most likely cannot do that without each other. You have to let it play out a few years.
I agree, we need to let it play out a few years since the team Bill put out last year was utter crap.

This year, it's better, we just don't know how much yet. So far, "winning the off-season" isn't panning out, since there's no evidence we have the best OL, deepest RB group, or made enough moves to stop the run. These next two games against better teams should give us better answers of what this team really is.

I agree, we need to let it play out a few years since the team Bill put out last year was utter crap.

This year, it's better, we just don't know how much yet. So far, "winning the off-season" isn't panning out, since there's no evidence we have the best OL, deepest RB group, or made enough moves to stop the run. These next two games against better teams should give us better answers of what this team really is.

Right, itll take time with all the new parts. Bb now has had his chance to move the team in the right direction and hopefully has the qb too. if it doesn’t pan out into a contender within a couple years then ill listen to the critics.

the fact that he cant lead a weak roster like the 2000 / 2020 pats to 10 wins and getting destroyed on wild card weekend or whatever they wanted but instead 7 wins without brady really isnt of much value to me.

So no coach could have succeeded with 2000 team or the first two games of 2001....and then they could until 2020 then they couldnt....No no has nothing to do with Brady...So how do you think the next few years will shake out? 3 superbowls? Because then we could compare.
Lame take. Exceedingly lame.

Vince Lombardi didn't win with the redskins after he left the packers. Time to rename the trophy. The whole argument of BB vs Tom is talk radio verbal diarrhea. .news flash. Coaches need good plays to win. Like, QBs need a good team around them to win. Shocking I know.
Let's get this straight. Lombardi took a Redskins team that was 5-9 in 1968 and improved them to 7-5-2 in 1969. He coached one season with the Skins and then he died. Time to rename the trophy because he didn't win the Super Bowl at the end of a one year rebuild?

Let's get this straight. Lombardi took a Redskins team that was 5-9 in 1968 and improved them to 7-5-2 in 1969. He coached one season with the Skins and then he died. Time to rename the trophy because he didn't win the Super Bowl at the end of a one year rebuild?
let's get this straight. I was being sarcastic. :rolleyes:

Not independently verified, lol.

View attachment 35563

Tampa has been verify disciplined in limiting dead money which is why they had the room to structure some of the deals they made (not a cap guru at all, just what I've been reading).
This is not correct at all. Cam entire contract wasn't guaranteed, folk is playing. How can he be dead cap money, etc

Bill's 62-73, 1-1 in the playoffs, as a HC without Brady. Counting Tuna Crap's wins doesn't count unless you want to count all of Bill's losses as an assistant during his career.

Even if you do count those Giant wins that defense was loaded with great players, which is what all coaches need to be successful. That's the point.

Do you think Bill would have beaten TB last year if he was the HC of the Falcons? Me neither.
If he was he head coach if Greenbay, he probably would have beat TB

Both Brady and BB are great.

What do you think the 2020 NE record would be w Brady w/o BB ? What do you think the 2020 Tampa record would be w BB w/o Brady ?

As has been mentioned, successful coaches (Gibbs, Johnson, Walsh) had multiple HoFers on their roster.

This is not correct at all. Cam entire contract wasn't guaranteed, folk is playing. How can he be dead cap money, etc
Cam’s salary was guaranteed plus his signing bonus. There were incentives which went away with his release.

Folk’s salary was guaranteed and became dead money when he was released. It’s not been reported, but it’s likely there are offsets or else the Patriots wouldn’t have cut Folk and end up paying him double. The offset money would be recouped as a credit on the 2022 cap.

On Oct 4, after the Pats win, will sports radio be contrite or offer excuses for Brady and criticize Arimans?? Minimizing that win??

I’ve decided to go media silent next week as the Brady vs. Belichick jabber will be insufferable. Neither man has anything to prove.

As I’ve posted earlier, Bill Belichick had two SB rings and a game plan in the HOF before Tom Brady started high school. Super Bowl championships without the other: Belichick 2 Brady 1. If BB had been HC of the Packers last season, the tally would be 3 to 0.

Hell, I’m not even Bill’s biggest fan. I’ve criticized him many times on this board, but this whole narrative that Bill Belichick 7 months shy of his 70th birthday has to win another SB without Brady or be thought of as just another coach is utter nonsense.

Ask yourself this. If Peyton Manning was coached by Belichick and Brady was coached by Tony Dungy in the 2000s which QB would have won the most Super Bowls?

Tom brady without bb is drew brees or peyton manning.... BB without brady is Andy Reid or shanahan
Tom Brady without BB quite possibly never plays a down in the NFL. And if he gets a chance, it's on a short leash, and if he's on a lesser team than those early Patriots, he's probably a journeyman.

Football is more of a team sport than the other big three. A QB isn't a pitcher throwing shutouts, or a power forward running over lesser players.

If he did get a chance and was allowed to develop in a decent system with a good coach/GM, while BB gets a decent QB to play with, maybe they both win a couple, but no way six for either.

If Peyton Manning was coached by Belichick and Brady was coached by Tony Dungy in the 2000s which QB would have won the most Super Bowls?
Depends.

BB is the GOAT coach but Dungy was no slouch.

Is PM playing in NE or is Bill coaching the Colts and Broncos rosters?

Does Bill have personnel control. No Polian or Elway to deal with?

Will Peyton buy into the offensive system? Will he take to Bill's coaching style? Will he take team -friendly deals?

I know I made your question much more complex but imo it is.

As great as BB is, it cannot be left unsaid how important Tom was not just on the field to Bill but off it as well

Take it up with OTC.

You can file your complaints by calling 1-888-WHO-GAF! (jk)

I’ve decided to go media silent next week as the Brady vs. Belichick jabber will be insufferable. Neither man has anything to prove.

As I’ve posted earlier, Bill Belichick had two SB rings and a game plan in the HOF before Tom Brady started high school. Super Bowl championships without the other: Belichick 2 Brady 1. If BB had been HC of the Packers last season, the tally would be 3 to 0.

Hell, I’m not even Bill’s biggest fan. I’ve criticized him many times on this board, but this whole narrative that Bill Belichick 7 months shy of his 70th birthday has to win another SB without Brady or be thought of as just another coach is utter nonsense.

Ask yourself this. If Peyton Manning was coached by Belichick and Brady was coached by Tony Dungy in the 2000s which QB would have won the most Super Bowls?
Here is an interesting take on BB the coach. What if BB coached the other team in all the Super Bowls the Patriots were in. Atlanta, LA, St. Louis, Seattle were distinct wins.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back