PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anonymous Sources: Mac is Impressing in Offseason

I never called Brady mediocre, that's just you being dishonest. I said, just like Josh Allen, Brady had to develop into who he became. he didn't arrive like a lightning bolt, set the NFL passing records on fire and dominate like you pretend happened.
Didn't arrive like a lightening bolt?? 3 Super Bowl rings in his first 4 seasons as a starter in the NFL. Brady was 9-0 in the postseason with 2 fourth quarter comebacks, 5 game-winning drives, 3 rings, and 2 SB MVPs by age 27. Also by then he had led the NFL in TD passes and was receiving NFL MVP votes. Brady set the standard for dominating the league at the onset of a career. Wake up and join the party.

Nice try... that's just a polished up version of "Brady's a game manager." So obviously you're still understating it because of course you're leaving out the clutchness, which is definitively what separates Brady from everyone else. There are a million examples throughout Brady's career but I'll point out the most obvious ones from the postseason alone:

Oakland Raiders, Divisional Round, "Snow Bowl": 4th quarter & OT stats in a blizzard, comeback and GWD
St. Louis Rams, Super Bowl 36: GWD in first ever SB appearance, first year starter, SB MVP
Carolina Panthers, Super Bowl 38: 18-point 4th quarter in what had turned into a shootout, comeback, GWD, SB MVP
Baltimore Ravens, Divisional Round (2014 season): overcame two 14-point deficits, comeback and GWD (against Ravens defense)
Seattle Seahawks, Super Bowl 49: overcame 10-point 4th quarter deficit against the Legion of Boom (who obliterated Peyton Manning a year prior), comeback, GWD, SB MVP
Atlanta Falcons, Super Bowl 51: 28-3, 25 points in 4th quarter & OT, orchestrated the greatest comeback in NFL history, SB MVP
Jacksonville Jaguars, AFCCG (2017 season): Brady's most underrated comeback win, 14-point 4th quarter against the league's #2 defense (without Edelman and an ineffective Gronk)
Kansas City Chiefs, AFCCG (2018 season): withstood a 24-point 4th quarter from Mahomes, phenomenally converted three consecutive 3rd-10's in OT, became Brady's signature postseason road win as a Patriot
Los Angeles Rams, Super Bowl 53: perfectly executed GWD (amazingly his 6th GWD in his 6 SB wins with the Patriots)

Besides all that (and much more), Brady was like you tried to say, an "efficient game manger" lol. Thank you for another trip down superhero memory lane.
He threw one TD and one interception in the entire postseason... the good news is that was his only turnover.

No matter how you try to paint a picture of passing dominance... he was a game manager and a very good one.

The Patriot's defense only allowing 15 points per game and forcing turnovers was pretty important that postseason.

Mac was on a dumpster fire of an offense last season.

His passing stats his rookie season were better than Josh Allen's first two years combined. That's why omitted them, you know Patricia was a total detriment... but you want to paint a picture not tell the truth.

Josh Allen's coordinator was so good he got a head coaching job with the Giants. Apples/oranges.

Here are their first two years in totality, even with the Patrica dumpster fire included... Mac was better.
Your display doesn't seem to be working (or at least I can't see it). But I know, Patricia ruined Mac's life. One, Bill's fault. Two, where is Mac's accountability? His play sucked. His attitude sucked. His leadership sucked. He lacked toughness (mental and physical). He cried to people outside of the organization. Is Mac responsible for any of that or is it all magically Patricia's fault.

Didn't arrive like a lightening bolt?? 3 Super Bowl rings in his first 4 seasons as a starter in the NFL. Brady was 9-0 in the postseason with 2 fourth quarter comebacks, 5 game-winning drives, 3 rings, and 2 SB MVPs by age 27. Also by then he had led the NFL in TD passes and was receiving NFL MVP votes. Brady set the standard for dominating the league at the onset of a career. Wake up and join the party.
You're conflating team success with individual player success... in 2001 he was a game manager. He built off that and improved.

If he didn't need the great team around him, why the dip in wins in 2002?

Your display doesn't seem to be working (or at least I can't see it). But I know, Patricia ruined Mac's life. One, Bill's fault. Two, where is Mac's accountability? His play sucked. His attitude sucked. His leadership sucked. He lacked toughness (mental and physical). He cried to people outside of the organization. Is Mac responsible for any of that or is it all magically Patricia's fault.
You've told us all things Patriot post-Brady sucks... you're an alarmist negative Nancy.

Take your meds.

He threw one TD and one interception in the entire postseason... the good news is that was his only turnover.

No matter how you try to paint a picture of passing dominance... he was a game manager and a very good one.

The Patriot's defense only allowing 15 points per game and forcing turnovers was pretty important that postseason.
That's great, ignore 90% of my post. The defense also started to crack in SB 36 so Brady put the game away just in time. The defense stopped a west coast team in an east coast blizzard. Then Kordell Stewart had a complete mental breakdown in the AFCCG, and he never recovered from it, effectively ended his career... not every player is cut from the same cloth as Brady, in fact a very tiny percentage are, and Stewart definitely was not.

all things Patriot post-Brady sucks
direct-hit_1f3af.png

That's great, ignore 90% of my post. The defense also started to crack in SB 36 so Brady put the game away just in time. The defense stopped a west coast team in an east coast blizzard. Then Kordell Stewart had a complete mental breakdown in the AFCCG, and he never recovered from it, effectively ended his career... not every player is cut from the same cloth as Brady, in fact a very tiny percentage are, and Stewart definitely was not.
Lol defense started to crack… 17 points to the #1 offense in the NFL, greatest show on turf and forcing three turnovers. Good grief…

You also missed the AFC Championship game where Troy Brown returned a punt to the house and Drew Bledsoe stepped in to throw a TD to Patten… those were the only two Patriot TD’s in that game.

And what about Adam Vinatieri, he didn’t show up and play clutch either.

It was a team effort, the kind it takes every team that wins a ring. You choose to attribute team success to one player… it’s a silly cheerleader take.

It wasn't just Brady... that's just what fanboys see because they distill football down into one magical player.
Didn’t say it was, but he’s been the most important player on the team since he stepped foot on the field
I never called Brady mediocre, that's just you being dishonest. I said, just like Josh Allen, Brady had to develop into who he became. he didn't arrive like a lightning bolt, set the NFL passing records on fire and dominate like you pretend happened.
You conveniently picked his first 5 years and implied he was a game manager while emphasizing his turnover numbers. You left out the fact that he was among the best qbs in the league by 03
Most rookies regardless of position need to get stronger, smarter, develop and improve. You think they arrive like Superman via spaceship and change the world immediately, Brady didn't even play his rookie season. I never compared Mac to anyone, I compared his situation as a young player to every rookie that's ever been.
I agree they need to develop, I just don’t think comparing him to the best player ever is a fair one.

Last edited:
Lol defense started to crack… 17 points to the #1 offense in the NFL, greatest show on turf and forcing three turnovers. Good grief…

You also missed the AFC Championship game where Troy Brown returned a punt to the house and Drew Bledsoe stepped in to throw a TD to Patten… those were the only two Patriot TD’s in that game.

And what about Adam Vinatieri, he didn’t show up and play clutch either.

It was a team effort, the kind it takes every team that wins a ring. You choose to attribute team success to one player… it’s a silly cheerleader take.
That guy thinks Lamar Jackson is an elite passer. I would not waste too much time.

Yes, see my PMs to you which articulate why all that was made possible...you think a 6th-round pick who wasn't heralded in college coming here and winning right away is some sort of script to a Disney Movie. 6th round picks don't become great immediately unless they get "help."

Last edited:
That guy thinks Lamar Jackson is an elite passer. I would not waste too much time.
If you're going to call me out then get it straight. I think Lamar Jackson is an elite football player. I'm taking his entire game into account, unlike others, who toss out his rushing accomplishments like yesterday's trash.

I don't think Lamar is an elite passer but his passing game is good enough considering his enormous rushing contributions. He also led the NFL in passing TDs (36) in only his second season in the league (when he was also named NFL MVP as a quarterback).

I've mentioned this a 100 times too, and I'll repeat now, Lamar has a career TD% of 6.1 which is 3rd among active quarterbacks and he's only behind Mahomes and Rodgers. Mac Jones has a career TD% of 3.7 which is 28th among active quarterbacks. Lamar is a better passer than most want to acknowledge and he's a winner. Lamar has 45 wins and 16 losses in 61 starts. Mac has 16 wins and 15 losses in 31 starts, so basically the same number of losses as Lamar in half the time.

So get excited about supposed favorable offseason impressions of Mac (which is exactly what we heard last offseason before the train wreck), in the meantime, Lamar is back to full health, with finally an improving team around him, and we've already seen him operate at an elite level with his "best" receiver topping out at less than 600 yards. Very few quarterbacks in the history of the league would have Lamar's numbers with the inferior talent that's been around him.

Yes, see my PMs to you which articulate why all that was made possible...you think a 6th-round pick who wasn't heralded in college coming here and winning right away is some sort of script to a Disney Movie. 6th round picks don't become great immediately unless they get "help."
And I'll provide the same response here as in the PM.

You know I'm not buying that crap. You have a biased view of Spygate because you think it helps your anti-Brady propaganda. I don't think the Patriots were doing anything that other teams weren't doing in some variation. Maybe Bill made better use of the information, who knows, but Brady has a 20+ years career of exceptional play and unparalleled winning. He's more than proven he's worth every ounce of the achievements and GOAT status. If Spygate lingers against anyone's career then it's Belichick's (but even that is marginal).

And I'll provide the same response here as in the PM.

You know I'm not buying that crap. You have a biased view of Spygate because you think it helps your anti-Brady propaganda. I don't think the Patriots were doing anything that other teams weren't doing in some variation. Maybe Bill made better use of the information, who knows, but Brady has a 20+ years career of exceptional play and unparalleled winning. He's more than proven he's worth every ounce of the achievements and GOAT status. If Spygate lingers against anyone's career then it's Belichick's (but even that is marginal).

Maybe, but Ernie Adams was the secret weapon the Pats had over other teams. And if affects Belichick's status, then it affects everyone on the team that played for him between 2000-2007. Use your common sense.

I'm not sure how you want me to address your doubt. Review my posting history if you have the patience for it. I'm certainly not doing it. I'm not even sure if I was active on this forum at the time of the 2018 draft but I know who I liked as a prospect and not. Josh Allen #1. Lamar Jackson #2. Never liked Mayfield or Darnold (even though Mayfield has been better than I thought he would be - and his NFL career has been more or less a failure). Barkley 2nd overall? A running back?? No way... I don't consider RBs until day 2 of the draft at the earliest. I hated both of the Patriots 1st round picks at the time and I've been proven right on both.

Maybe, but Ernie Adams was the secret weapon the Pats had over other teams. And if affects Belichick's status, then it affects everyone on the team that played for him between 2000-2007. Use your common sense.
I don't think Spygate makes Belichick less of a head coach, so I don't agree with the ripple effect to the players. I think Spygate says more about Belichick as a person, in particular his stubbornness and subversiveness.

I don't think Spygate makes Belichick less of a head coach, so I don't agree with the ripple effect to the players. I think Spygate says more about Belichick as a person, in particular his stubbornness and subversiveness.

4-3 in super bowls is a lot different than 7-3 (or in the case of Belichick 3-3).

I'm not sure how you want me to address your doubt. Review my posting history if you have the patience for it. I'm certainly not doing it. I'm not even sure if I was active on this forum at the time of the 2018 draft but I know who I liked as a prospect and not. Josh Allen #1. Lamar Jackson #2. Never liked Mayfield or Darnold (even though Mayfield has been better than I thought he would be - and his NFL career has been more or less a failure). Barkley 2nd overall? A running back?? No way... I don't consider RBs until day 2 of the draft at the earliest. I hated both of the Patriots 1st round picks at the time and I've been proven right on both.
I only ask bc the draft is full of hindsight and people who say "I would have done this" but never express how they feel before the draft. No worries not a big deal.

Its anonymous, so take it for what its worth, but I would be ecstatic if Mac took a huge leap forward this year.

“Continued positive reviews from teammates/coaches who have been around Mac Jones the longest,” Giardi tweeted.

— “Confident. Leading like we know he can.”
— “Ready to remind you (media/fans) why he was a playoff QB in year one.”
— “Energized” by the change (Bill O’Brien as OC).

Hopefully Mac can prove why he was the 15th pick and that his rookie season wasnt a fluke.
What is it that Mike Tyson said? "They all have a plan until I hit them". We'll see when the real season opens.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Back