PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anonymous Sources: Mac is Impressing in Offseason

About what? I said maybe. How would I know what you were saying in 2007. I'm glad you at least stated the obvious (despite all of your attempts to chip away at Brady's accomplishments otherwise).
Lumping me is when posters who argue Brady isn’t the goat or whatever nonsense.

I’m not arguing “Brady” at all… the QB position while important is wholly overrated by fanboys such as yourself. That’s the entire point.

That you can’t explain, and in fact avoid, examples like Deshaun Watson or Brees proves your delusion. QB magic only works when a team is successful, when the team fails miserably despite the QB playing amazing you avoid it like the plague.

In short, I can find double digit QB’s who won championships who were simply okay or good… you can’t find one example of an average team winning a championship because they never have. A three game playoff eliminates the possibility of that happening.

Posting his playoff stats for his first four years is biased….
Yes, pretty much, when you deliberately omit Brady's best postseason performance from that time span.

Are you two exchanging notes off-line? @Wozzy says he doesn't even know who @SHOWTIME15 is in another thread. Yet you guys are like a tag team of Brady hatred. At least @Wozzy sounds like he can make sense, but oddly chooses not to when it comes to Brady's legacy.
Brady-hate = when one credits all the great players and coaches who contributed to championships beyond the sacred cow.

Put away the Brady body pillow… it’s getting creepy now.

The QB is hyper important… except when Deshaun Watson or Drew Brees are the best QB in the league and only win single digit games. Or when Tom Brady wins a ring as a game manager in 2001 or Nick Foles, Joe Flacco, Brad Johnson or Trent Dilfer win rings.

It’s amazing how important they are when a team succeeds, and how little they matter when the team only wins four games.

Seems “team” is far more important than any singular player. You fanboys are delusional.
being the most important doesn’t mean the only important, seems like that hasn’t dawned on you yet…I’ll ask again, is the qb the most important position on the field, simple yes or no

Yes, pretty much, when you deliberately omit Brady's best postseason performance from that time span.

Bro, you pretty much ignore any bad performance by Brady in the playoffs and/or blame Bill/Arians/Bowles for it.

In short, I can find double digit QB’s who won championships who were simply okay or good…
No, actually you can't. We covered this before.

you can’t find one example of an average team winning a championship because they never have. A three game playoff eliminates the possibility of that happening.
The 2001 Patriots team was average. In fact they were a sucky 5-13 before Brady became the starter and miraculously they morphed into a 14-3 Super Bowl winning team. The 2018 Patriots team wasn't that great either. Beating Mahomes and the Chiefs in that AFCCG on the road in OT was extremely unlikely. The Chiefs exploded for a 24-point 4th quarter too, and still lost, which is unbelievable.

That you can’t explain, and in fact avoid, examples like Deshaun Watson or Brees proves your delusion.
I addressed this in another thread already. I believe your exact statement was Watson and Brees were the best QBs in the league (2020 and 2016 respectively) yet their teams had losing records. It's not an accurate premise. Aaron Rodgers was easily the best QB in 2020. Several other QBs had seasons on par with Watson too: Mahomes, Allen, Wilson, and even Brady... all four made the playoffs and Brady and Mahomes met in the Super Bowl. Brees was bettered by Brady, Ryan, and Rodgers in 2016... all three made the playoffs and Brady and Ryan met in the Super Bowl. You'll notice a trend of the best quarterbacks often meeting in the Super Bowl, that is unless you have an agenda to look the other way.

And like I said many times before, Brady has a crap record against some of the lowest-level NFL QBs on the planet in the playoffs, as per my signature. So unless you can come up with a valid reason why he lost those games, as well as his 1-3 record vs Peyton in AFCCGs, then your head-to-head argument is meaningless
You still haven't answered my question on why Bill couldn't slow down or stop some of these QB's in critical moments.

Both are to blame for these losses the Pats had no business losing.

Bro, you pretty much ignore any bad performance by Brady in the playoffs and/or blame Bill/Arians/Bowles for it.
I don't really blame Arians for Bowles leaving Kupp uncovered. Arians pretty much focused on the offense and being a motivator. Everyone knows he let let Bowles run the defense. I absolutely lame Bill for 2015 and 2017. He gets an D- for 2006 AFCCG too.

Brady started 48 postseason games. No, he wasn't great in all of them. But he was great in many more of them than any other quarterback in the history of the NFL.

You still haven't answered my question on why Bill couldn't slow down or stop some of these QB's in critical moments.

Both are to blame for these losses the Pats had no business losing.

My bad. According to Crawhammer, it's all about the QB. No one else matters in a football game.

He gets an D- for 2006 AFCCG too.

Brady was pedestrian in the 2006 AFCCG. He had 232 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT, QB rating of 79.

Brady started 48 postseason games. No, he wasn't great in all of them. But he was great in many more of them than any other quarterback in the history of the NFL.

Brady statistically was pretty average in at least 40% of his super bowls - both Rams and Giants games, in particular.

Last edited:
I was checking in to see if there was any credence to this Mac is impressing thing and I ended up in yet another Brady GOAT/NotGOAT VS Team/BB thingie.

Is it me? Its not me right?

Brady was pedestrian in the 2006 AFCCG. He had 232 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT, QB rating of 79.
Brady zoning out on Caldwell waving his arms with no defender on him and the Coaching staff screaming to get Tom's attention was a very bad play on Brady. By the time Brady saw it and Caldwell dropped it, he had a defender closing in on him, so he wasn't going to score. That was a backbreaking goof on Tom.

Then you have Manning finding an obvious weakness in the Pats defense and relentlessly throwing it to all the TE's on the Colts roster.

First, the Pats had no business even being in that game with McGree fumbling an INT a week prior where his HC told him to fall to the ground before kickoff to the Pats up 21-3 a week later. That's how sports works.

Brady zoning out on Caldwell waving his arms with no defender on him and the Coaching staff screaming to get Tom's attention was a very bad play on Brady. By the time Brady saw it and Caldwell dropped it, he had a defender closing in on him, so he wasn't going to score. That was a backbreaking goof on Tom.
I don't think Brady was zoning out as much as he just didn't see it sooner. Caldwell also sucked and blatantly dropped the pass. Their WRs were wretched that season.

Then you have Manning finding an obvious weakness in the Pats defense and relentlessly throwing it to all the TE's on the Colts roster.
This is what I was getting at. LB Eric Alexander had 1 start in his NFL career. He played in 71 games and started 1. The 2006 AFCCG when he was tasked with TE coverage. Let's just say that decision didn't work out.

Not sure how this is relevant, belichick has won 0 super bowls without Brady starting for him.

I believe I gave you the stats, which included postseason numbers as well but he was an mvp candidate in 03 and 05. Posting how good he was only helps my argument. I’ll attach them below again for reference. Seems like you left out the Carolina Super Bowl? Tough look

Agreed, except they were also anchored by elite qb play by 2003. Factually speaking

You just had to pick the best one and put them in the same sentence, I know it’s just you holding out hope…but man
Remind me, what are you arguing about?

No, actually you can't. We covered this before.

The 2001 Patriots team was average. In fact they were a sucky 5-13 before Brady became the starter and miraculously they morphed into a 14-3 Super Bowl winning team. The 2018 Patriots team wasn't that great either. Beating Mahomes and the Chiefs in that AFCCG on the road in OT was extremely unlikely. The Chiefs exploded for a 24-point 4th quarter too, and still lost, which is unbelievable.

I addressed this in another thread already. I believe your exact statement was Watson and Brees were the best QBs in the league (2020 and 2016 respectively) yet their teams had losing records. It's not an accurate premise. Aaron Rodgers was easily the best QB in 2020. Several other QBs had seasons on par with Watson too: Mahomes, Allen, Wilson, and even Brady... all four made the playoffs and Brady and Mahomes met in the Super Bowl. Brees was bettered by Brady, Ryan, and Rodgers in 2016... all three made the playoffs and Brady and Ryan met in the Super Bowl. You'll notice a trend of the best quarterbacks often meeting in the Super Bowl, that is unless you have an agenda to look the other way.
I don't really blame Arians for Bowles leaving Kupp uncovered. Arians pretty much focused on the offense and being a motivator. Everyone knows he let let Bowles run the defense. I absolutely lame Bill for 2015 and 2017. He gets an D- for 2006 AFCCG too.

Brady statistically was pretty average in at least 40% of his super bowls - both Rams and Giants games, in particular.

First, the Pats had no business even being in that game with McGree fumbling an INT a week prior where his HC told him to fall to the ground before kickoff to the Pats up 21-3 a week later. That's how sports works.
I don't think Brady was zoning out as much as he just didn't see it sooner. Caldwell also sucked and blatantly dropped the pass. Their WRs were wretched that season.

This is what I was getting at. LB Eric Alexander had 1 start in his NFL career. He played in 71 games and started 1. The 2006 AFCCG when he was tasked with TE coverage. Let's just say that decision didn't work out.

mac-jones-sophia-scott-eras-tour-052223-1-27a07cb1caa74a7ca9f91b092818ac9a.jpg

Props to Mac !
First male ever to wear a Taylor Swift hat.

Highly doubtful. Regardless, concessions sometimes are made for the sake of PR and special perks like hanging out backstage with the world's hottest performing acts.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back