PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Annual There's No Way _?_ Makes This Team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are a ton of people on Reddit especially who have Nate Ebner as a goner. [I do not agree.]

There are a ton of people on Reddit especially who have Nate Ebner as a goner. [I do not agree.]

There's a certain type of fan who doesn't see touchdowns, interceptions or sacks from a player and wants them gone.

For some reason our idiot HC doesn't operate along these same proven fundamentals. Sucks that we're stuck with this idiot who thinks special teams matters or something. Oh well, maybe someday we'll get a real coach who can lead this team into the playoffs for once.

Dawson is gone

I love a good game of fill in the blanks.

"Belichick the GM" is my answer.

Antonio Brown for sure will never makes this team.

Serious question: what other STs is he playing?
Just returning punts and kicks from what I've seen. Maybe someone with more ST knowledge will chime in but at his size I would think the option would be gunner on punts which I'm not sure he has the speed for.

Can someone trace the insanity trail leading up to: Duron Harmon won’t make this team. Where the F did that come from and how did it get an actual buzz? Was it Lazar’s report? One of the stranger takes I’ve seen from a beat writer and some forum members.

Can someone trace the insanity trail leading up to: Duron Harmon won’t make this team. Where the F did that come from and how did it get an actual buzz? Was it Lazar’s report? One of the stranger takes I’ve seen from a beat writer and some forum members.
I think someone put the idea out there of him having a bad camp, and some posters just ran with it. The only reasoning that I’ve seen aside from that was the fact that he played more snaps than expected in the second game, but that’s going to happen to a certain extent with DMac and Chung sitting.

I think someone put the idea out there of him having a bad camp, and some posters just ran with it. The only reasoning that I’ve seen aside from that was the fact that he played more snaps than expected in the second game, but that’s going to happen to a certain extent with DMac and Chung sitting.

I’d just like to see ONE game where Devin McCourty and Duron Harmon don’t play. Will that finally give some perspective on how spoiled we’ve been in having the best 1-2 free safety combo in the league for years? I think people attribute the lack of deep passes against the Patriots to “schematic magic” and not the incredible durability, consistency, and high level of play from these two. Especially McCourty, but Harmon is a starting caliber safety playing on a hometown discount as a FS2, just because he wants to be a part of something great.

Dawson is gone

The very definition of the OP's question. Hey, you never know but 'there's no way Dawson makes this team' seems spot on. With roster spots seemingly extra tight this year especially in the d backfield, and with Dawson seemingly not making a much needed splash this preseason, this looks like an a second round pick fail unfortunately.

I’d just like to see ONE game where Devin McCourty and Duron Harmon don’t play. Will that finally give some perspective on how spoiled we’ve been in having the best 1-2 free safety combo in the league for years? I think people attribute the lack of deep passes against the Patriots to “schematic magic” and not the incredible durability, consistency, and high level of play from these two. Especially McCourty, but Harmon is a starting caliber safety playing on a hometown discount as a FS2, just because he wants to be a part of something great.
Big play Harmon is a beast, and he sees a significant snap count (45% or so, off the top of my head?) for a “backup.” I have no idea why anyone would think that he’s going to be cut.

The very definition of the OP's question. Hey, you never know but 'there's no way Dawson makes this team' seems spot on. With roster spots seemingly extra tight this year especially in the d backfield, and with Dawson seemingly not making a much needed splash this preseason, this looks like an a second round pick fail unfortunately.
That’s a “good” problem to have, though. It means that our CB depth is solid enough to cut a 2nd rounder before his second season even starts. Crazy to think about.

I cannot believe Harmon is gone. We are so tin in safety position. DMac and Chung are aged and we do not know what will happen with Chung. Dawson is so iffy for now so who will play safety position. The only proven one is exactly Harmon.

That’s a “good” problem to have, though. It means that our CB depth is solid enough to cut a 2nd rounder before his second season even starts. Crazy to think about.

In 2011 he'd have been CB3 at minimum :)

I say Derek Rivers is gone

Nick Thurman

And if their is a WR injury in the next 2 weeks...Berrios makes the 53 IMO...especially if it's Edelman or Meyers. Their is zero chance he would help fill Edelman's shoes at WR in 2019...but he can PR.

There is no way Hoyer doesn't make the team. I don't understand how anyone thinks Stidham would not be eaten alive in real game reps when there is game planning involved.

At this point he should have had like 4-5 INTs against 2s/3s in their most vanilla defenses. That is not to say he is a bad player. But being a rookie QB is hard. Being a rookie QB in a Josh McDaniels offense even harder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back