PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Andre Carter: No contact with Patriots since season ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNathanDrake

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Free agent DE Andre Carter acknowledged that he hasn't heard from the Patriots since last season ended.

"They kind of just said, 'Thanks for everything,' at the end of the year and I haven't heard from them since," said Carter. "But I'm optimistic everything works out." Carter tied Mark Anderson for the team lead in sacks last season. He is expected to sign somewhere after his torn quadriceps muscle has fully healed.

source: rotoworld

I find it hard to believe they wouldn't have a role for him on this team, assuming health. My guess at the lack of contact is a combination of waiting to see how his leg looks after healing, and waiting to see what falls to them in the draft.

Personally, I'd rather have him in the mix during camp than not. If healthy, he is serviceable in the base OLB rotation (part-time) and good as a sub rusher at DE.

Something is wrong.....

I don't see the word 'Welker' anywhere in the OP :cool:

Now that is surprising.

Would have thought they'd be keen to get him back.

I honestly would have expected some type of wink and nod deal or small amount of communication to have occured that would at least guarantee him a spot on the 90 man training camp roster---where they'd then assess the situation properly.

I am wondering, like many other NEP related things, exactly how much to read into this. They are either very certain that they will have enough viable depth and competition to not worry about him at all, assume that he will be happy to come back and deal with it in a month or two, or it could even point to the possibility of a trade somewhere for a mid-range or potentially high impact guy too.

He says he hasn't heard from them yet but he has been rehabbing in Foxboro and you have to think he passed someone in the halls along the way

I loved the guy last year. His injury & Gronk's screwed us.

I hope BB again decides to Get Carter

He says he hasn't heard from them yet but he has been rehabbing in Foxboro and you have to think he passed someone in the halls along the way
I read that he's been re-habbing, but did I miss the part where there was an indication it's been occurring in Foxboro?

Carter needs to focus on getting HEALTHY. The Pats are not going to sign an injured player to a contract or promise him one. Why should they? He can't help the team win from the sidelines, IMO.
Sounds heartless I know, but I'm just a little grumpy this morning. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST