PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

And the perfect circle of mediotic drama continues..

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually think it's a fairly straightforward offseason for the Pats. They have good draft capital, targeted places where you want to get younger and better (WR, TE, DL, QB). There is a lot of regime change this year and some vets will be left out in the cold as systems change on them, so grab a half dozen young vets on the cheap for depth. Probably say goodbye to Shelton, M. Brown, Trent Brown (someone will way overpay). I want to keep Flowers even at top salary but Bill might think differently. In either case, next year's comp pick slate should be packed. Our 2018 draft class should be healed up so see what they have. Gronk may retire. Maybe some others too? It's not a bad situation. Our OL, RB corps, and CBs are mostly set for a few years. I think there are fewer big issues in this offseason than the last two.

Right on the money.

So...Brady extension on the cheap now after that game?

Imagine how heads would explode around the league if Brady went to the Patriots and said “ give me a 4 year deal with no guarantees and I’ll take 10 a season. I just want more rings.”

Hashpipedream, I know, but he’s infinitely rich, and the haters would lose their minds.

Looks pretty straightforward to me, and they should be able to put a better team ON PAPER together to start next year than this one.

OL is young and strong. Only question is Trent Brown.
QB and RBs set. Only question is if they try to bring Hill back and maybe keep 5.
TE is in flux, maybe major flux. I expect Allen gets extended with a pay cut, or cut. If Gronk retires, I hope they go for Austin Sefarian-Jenkins. They'll survive.
WR needs an upgrade. Can't put it all on Jules. They probably keep one of Hogan or Dorsett. They won't count on Gordon, even if he gets reinstated. They need another really good WR.

DL's big question mark is Flowers, of course, but I expect them to keep him, even if it means a tag. BB loves the guy. I'd like one of Brown or Shelton back and think it'll be doable. Neither is worth the 5th year option $$, but neither will get that elsewhere. Plus it's a good year for DL in the draft, I hear.

LB is in good shape.

Secondary is strong - unless DMac retires and JMac goes the same or signs for huge money somewhere. I think they're both back. Even if both leave, the Patriots have a lot of talent back there.

Not too bad a year for BB. and they're playing with house money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back