PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

and now for something completely different

Status
Not open for further replies.

patman52

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
A trade with the Browns, Josh Gordon and Joe Thomas and the Browns 3rd for Aaron Dobson, Jimmy G and Nate Solder and our 3rd.

Joe Haden for our first round pick in 2016.

So this is the thread for unrealistic trades?

A 2017 first round pick for Richard Sherman

A 2016 2nd round and 2018 first round pick for JJ Watt

LaFell and Dobson for OBJ

LaFell and Dobson for OBJ

We would need two star players back. OBJ by himself won't do it. Though I would settle for OBJ and a couple of first round picks.

A trade with the Browns, Josh Gordon and Joe Thomas and the Browns 3rd for Aaron Dobson, Jimmy G and Nate Solder and our 3rd.

The best part about this trade is, we'd almost certainly get him back within the next 2-3 season's once the Browns "ruin" him, and yet again fail to develop another QB. Hopefully he wouldn't be ruined due to injury.

I don't get the obsession with Josh Gordon. The guy has repeatedly shown he can't stay out of trouble and on the field. Talented yes, but dumb off the field.

The best part about this trade is, we'd almost certainly get him back within the next 2-3 season's once the Browns "ruin" him, and yet again fail to develop another QB. Hopefully he wouldn't be ruined due to injury.

That is a good part of the trade but not the best part. The best part of the trade is the swap of third round picks, making it appear that a lot of painstaking research was put into this absurd deal. The other great part is that it involves Aaron Dobson in typical PatsFans homerism, where trades ALWAYS include a draft bust circling the drain of his career.

Something tells me Dobson will be attainable for that very lucky team coming training camp.

Hopefully Gordons appeal with the league regarding the length of his suspensions last season goes through, which would then make him a free agent. I could easily see him signing a short term reclamation contract with the Patriots. Something like 1-2 years in length and for small-decent amount of money. Honestly there probably isn't a better team to rebuild your name, get yourself straight,, and get the most out of before moving on to a big contract. Not to mention, everyone wants to play for a contender.

Im actually one who thinks the league really shafted Gordon over the last year. If you dig into his life and how he was caught, the league really targeted him. Typical goodell. God I hate that guy!

I could easily see him signing a short term reclamation contract with the Patriots. Something like 1-2 years in length and for small-decent amount of money.

The Patriots have acquired Randy Moss and Aqib Talib for mid-round picks with great success. They have also traded for guys like Chad Ochocinco and Albert Haynesworth. They're not afraid to roll the dice, but they are also not likely to get into any bidding wars in free agency, if that is where Gordon winds up. We think guys like Gordon would just sign a deal with the Patriots because he likes them...well that isn't usually the case. We've seen this play out time and time again with free agents, most recently with Percy Harvin. The Pats put a low price on these type of players and usually some other team comes in with a higher deal for two years or more. Unfortunately, guys aren't typically going to play on a "prove-it" deal when the market says "take the money."

I don't get the obsession with Josh Gordon. The guy has repeatedly shown he can't stay out of trouble and on the field. Talented yes, but dumb off the field.

He didn't get in ANY trouble for a long time. He held a job at a car dealership during his suspension and worked very hard and staying straight.

The fact that the league can even put a limitation on him not being able to consume alcohol is asinine. Gordon got 1 DUI for blowing a .09 If you don't know, the legal limit is. 08. That's .1 over the legal limit. Which is a limit that is very low to begin with. One beer in 1 hour gets the average person a .07 - .1

I could understand if he blew something crazy. But blowing a .09 is more of slightly bad decision, then an and alcoholic who needs help and shouldn't be drinking under any circumstances.

The Weed stuff has to be in his past because he has been getting drug tested 5 times a week for 3 season's now.

Gordon's "issues" have a lot in similarity with Bradys issues. He been so targeted by goodell its sad.

Last edited:

First of all, you are asking for waaaaaay too little. Jimmy is a "franchise" Qb and Solder is a young LT. Dobson is under contract in 2016 so ok. The Browns receive no picks from NE. Maybe we do them a solid if Gordon works out.

1. Tomas needs to re-do his deal. No way Pats pay 8.3m for a 31 yr old LT
2. Gordon needs to be reinstated first. Damaged goods
3. Include Josh McCown. We need a backup
4. #32 pick in the 2nd round and 2nd rounder in 2017

He's immensely talented. Has proven he can be a top WR in the league with **** throwing him the ball. I'd be all for bringing him here for a 3rd rounder or lower. And him being such a high risk lowers his trade value a bit. I know it's somewhat of a big risk but the potential return is incredible.

He didn't get in ANY trouble for a long time. He held a job at a car dealership during his suspension and worked very hard and staying straight.

The fact that the league can even put a limitation on him not being able to consume alcohol is asinine. Gordon got 1 DUI for blowing a .09 If you don't know, the legal limit is. 08. That's .1 over the legal limit. Which is a limit that is very low to begin with. One beer in 1 hour gets the average person a .07 - .1

The Weed stuff has to be in his past because he has been getting drug tested 5 times a week for 3 season's now.

Gordon's "issues" have a lot in similarity with Bradys issues. He been so targeted by goodell its sad.

He wasn't allowed to drink at all. A DUI is a DUI doesn't matter he was over the limit.

The player has to be smarter than he had been in gone past.

Also it's not guaranteed he even gets reinstated.

Brady's and Gordon cases aren't the same at all, Brady has never been proven to do anything wrong at all. Gordon has multiple failed tests.

My main and only concern with Gordon in N.E would be his ability to pick up the playbook.

The last time the Browns played the Patriots Talib was on Gordon. Well Gordon caught a pass going across the middle & left Talib in dust for a 80 yard touchdown, that was about 70 yards after the catch. I was at the game & to see the way Gordon just pulled away from Talib it was like Usain Bolt in the Olympics.

There's definitely far worse troubled guys out there. And while he certainly deserves some blame for not being able to control himself, I think the substance abuse program the NFL has in place is pretty ridiculous. He got screwed out the entire year because he had a drink of alcohol on a flight to Vegas in the off-season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots