PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Amendola apparently bitter about time in New England:

Whenever a player leaves the Pats for greener pastures all I ask is that they don't badmouth the team after they leave. Amendola did that twice, once right after he left and now. It detracts from my fond memories of his time here.

Fascinating to see some of the folks here buy into the idea that Amendola had no free will to make decisions for himself and isn’t subject to accountability.

Whether you think Bill shorted him is one thing.. Whole other story to suggest his p*ssing and moaning is reasonable from the standpoint of feeling he had no other choice and didn’t have a way out of NE if he chose.

Really love the “blame everyone else” mindset.

I just threw up in my mouth a little, but BSPN defends BB.

Especially like the stats and credit given to the defense. 18 ppg average for 20 years!!!
Let's not forget outstanding special teams and...OMG...draft picks "wasted" on special teams players.

"Help him and put rings on his fingers"

Help the team and put rings on everybody's fingers, not just BB. This guy sounds like a scorned ex wife.

Over the past 2 decades, several players had to decide if they wanted to maximize their financial earnings, or sacrifice some pay in order to compete for a Super Bowl. I truly respect either decision.

I think it is disingenuous to whine about it after the fact though. No one forced him to come here and no one forced him to stay.

Remember the days when people complained and b***ed about signing amendola when bb let welker go ? He couldnt beat out edelman for the job he was signed and eventually found his place in the team. Now we care about amendola says as a reflection of belichick ?

Danny got his revenge. He was a Superbowl hero the year before he left. After
he left, the passing game started to go to pot.

tried to go back and search the forum for the thread on the amendola signing, or threads leading up to it

amazing how many were against it back then

amendola has since walked back his comments, don't know if that has been linked yet

what exactly has amendola done since he left? 50 rec a year, 5-600 yds playing for lousy teams......seems like he got paid, but there's something to be said for the way the pats did it

Danny got his revenge. He was a Superbowl hero the year before he left. After
he left, the passing game started to go to pot.
Huh? They won the Super Bowl the year after he left.

He got his money and the Pats won another Lombardi.

If he stayed he would have had 3 rings.

Hes $15.5m richer and still *****ing and moaning. Good for him.

They were? Wow. Things were really different back then. Ever since I’ve been here, most of the fans have repeatedly bashed players for leaving for more money.

I wasn't on any forums back then, but I'm guessing having Keith Traylor fill in for him the very next year and winning the Super Bowl (with a better all around team) takes the punch out of it. If we were having more success in the passing game the last three years, I'm guessing fans would feel similarly about Danny. I'm not saying Danny would have solved these issues, because he was never really The Guy on a regular basis here, just that him leaving for more money probably feels worse than Ted doing it because in 04 there wasn't really a drop off in defensive play.

His comments really weren’t that bad, he even said he went to Detroit because he enjoyed Belichick’s style.

They were? Wow. Things were really different back then. Ever since I’ve been here, most of the fans have repeatedly bashed players for leaving for more money.
The milloy release really made everyone think that BB has lost the team and Bills would be the next champs. Evenpast patriots like sam gash etc were giving interviews about how badly they have been treated. Fans were livid about the move but to be fair, they had ONLY one superbowl from BB and co till then :)
Ty law repeatedly went on every interview 2 yrs later saying BB is a liar and calling him names because of no new contract and asking to be released. None of this really changed the way the things were done.

I don't blame him for being bitter. It has to be insulting to a player to take a pay cut deserved or not. It must really suck to be asked year after year. But I don't blame the Pats for asking for a pay cut. It is how the NFL works.

The milloy release really made everyone think that BB has lost the team and Bills would be the next champs. Evenpast patriots like sam gash etc were giving interviews about how badly they have been treated. Fans were livid about the move but to be fair, they had ONLY one superbowl from BB and co till then :)
Ty law repeatedly went on every interview 2 yrs later saying BB is a liar and calling him names because of no new contract and asking to be released. None of this really changed the way the things were done.
23 years later, moving on from Sam Gash still pisses me off.

Guy leaves and only makes 2 Pro Bowls and wins a SB.

Tony Carter didn't have the 1/10th of Sam's power and toughness.

Another example of brilliant personnel management skills of Notorious BIG (Bobby Incompetent Grier)

Now that we know BB, the self proclaimed greatest head coach in he history of the galaxy(actually sub .500 minus TB12), is paying himself $25 mill/ year while nickle and diming anyone who remotely resembles a playmaker and running the the actual GOAT out of town single handedly, can you blame him? WWYD?!

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back