PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Amazon nabs exclusive streaming rights to select NFL games in contract extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

FortressX

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Amazon and Disney pretty much control the entire globe at this point lol

Don't forget google.

It's only a matter of time before they own exclusive rights to "televise" all professional games. They have the deep pockets to easily outbid the networks.

I have always believed that someday NFL games will be pay per view like Boxing.

Don't forget google.

It's only a matter of time before they own exclusive rights to "televise" all professional games. They have the deep pockets to easily outbid the networks.

I have always believed that someday NFL games will be pay per view like Boxing.

Please make all of this happen. Can't wait to throw my Directv dish and Sunday Ticket sub in the garbage.

Google, Apple, and Netflix too.

Saturday games now, eh? Going for total saturation at this point, I guess. Might as well put one game on Tuesday and one on Wednesday too. Rates of divorce will skyrocket. Divorce attorneys will profit bigly.

Please make all of this happen. Can't wait to throw my Directv dish and Sunday Ticket sub in the garbage.

I would say- not so fast. Disney is just going to pull the same sort of dirty, corporate business.

Want to watch NFL on Sunday? You'll have to buy a "package" that includes swallowing the latest cumload of Star Wars spinoffs and a 90 year old Indiana Jones breaking out of a wheelchair to bullwhip someone.

Google, Apple, and Netflix too.

Saturday games now, eh? Going for total saturation at this point, I guess. Might as well put one game on Tuesday and one on Wednesday too. Rates of divorce will skyrocket. Divorce attorneys will profit bigly.

Think they're prevented by their antitrust exemption from playing games on Saturday during the college football season. Maybe they'll have a major slate of Saturday games in the new Week 18.

Think they're prevented by their antitrust exemption from playing games on Saturday during the college football season. Maybe they'll have a major slate of Saturday games in the new Week 18.
Yeah I definitely misread that one.

Rich get richer. Even in Pandemic times!

I would say- not so fast. Disney is just going to pull the same sort of dirty, corporate business.

Want to watch NFL on Sunday? You'll have to buy a "package" that includes swallowing the latest cumload of Star Wars spinoffs and a 90 year old Indiana Jones breaking out of a wheelchair to bullwhip someone.

The Disney cost would be much less than what DIRECTTV charges. Disney's sports package can be bundled with HULU and the movies you dislike or not.

That sounds better to me than paying for the hundreds of bundled channels with Directv that I don't watch.

I'm currently paying about $1,300 per year (Directv + Sunday Ticket) to watch the eight or so games that aren't national broadcasts. That's $162.50 per game.

I guess an "upside" of Brady leaving is that fewer Patriots games will be nationally broadcasted. My cost-per-game will go down.

More of this please....we need wrestle away the Sunday Ticket Package from AT&T/DirecTV.....it shouldn't be exclusive. I am willing to pay up to $10 PER GAME. I just don't wanna get tied into DirecTV's set up box, dish, bull$hit pricing, and etc...

That sounds better to me than paying for the hundreds of bundled channels with Directv that I don't watch.

I'm currently paying about $1,300 per year (Directv + Sunday Ticket) to watch the eight or so games that aren't national broadcasts. That's $162.50 per game.

I guess an "upside" of Brady leaving is that fewer Patriots games will be nationally broadcasted. My cost-per-game will go down.
I have Hulu with HBO and I pay for Sunday Ticket. I’m spending about $1,020 per year. With Commiecast/Xfinity/whatever lipstick on a pig name they’ve come up with now, I was paying north of $2,500 per year.

I have Hulu with HBO and I pay for Sunday Ticket. I’m spending about $1,020 per year. With Commiecast/Xfinity/whatever lipstick on a pig name they’ve come up with now, I was paying north of $2,500 per year.

Can you get Sunday Ticket with Hulu? I thought Directv had the exclusive contract.

I'm paying for Hulu and HBO too (and Amazon, Netflix, Showtime) but I actually watch that programming and/but can't get NFL through there.

Can you get Sunday Ticket with Hulu? I thought Directv had the exclusive contract.

I'm paying for Hulu and HBO too (and Amazon, Netflix, Showtime) but I actually watch that programming and/but can't get NFL through there.
I get it through Fire Stick.

you can get the app.....you don't need anything else

you can get the app.....you don't need anything else

Only if you CANNOT have a dish installed on your property (e.g. University dorms, apartment buildings, etc...).

Did that a few years ago when they gave NFL ticket away for free and new customers $75 off a month, a savings of $900 a year versus existing customers. They wouldn't do anything for me so I dumped them. No regrets and I found a way o get red zone channel and Pats games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back