PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

All 22 coaches film from NFL.COM - reviewed 2011

Bump....

Doesn't All-22 come out on Wednesdays? Anyone check it out yet?

Yes, Wednesday's; one more day before we can get our first regular season game reviews.

On a separate note, PatFanKen had what I thought was a very good idea a short while back: rather than a dozen or so people trying to rewatch and review the entire game and then post there thoughts here, how about splitting it up? For example one person does the 1st quarter, another the 2nd quarter, etc. Or one person focus on the OL, another on the DL, a third on the linebackers, another on the defensive backs, etc.

Is that of any interest to people here? How many have the Game Rewind with the all-22 access, and how many are planning to review and analyze Sunday's game?

I've got rewind on both my laptop and my iPad2 (which I'm using at the moment). I have everything available on my laptop, which is how I rewatched the Carolina-NE super bowl. But on my iPad I can only go back to the 2011 season. Any ideas on why this is, and what I can do about it?

Being overseas I can sign up for NFL GAMEPASS (which i finally did on Sat). Along with streaming of all the games (not just pats) I also get the All-22 thrown in AND also condensed versions of the games. (for example, The last preseason game ran about 30 minutes).

I was wondering about when they post the condensed and All-22 as I saw it for the preseason on Sat; but on Sun night the condensed wasnt up yet. I will check when I get home tonite and expect tomorrow. (my work computer thinks it is in the USA so I cant logon to GAMEPASS there).

Although I was somewhat put off by the $200 pricetag on gamepass; I have already found that the ability to act like a dvr and pause the game and skip the commercials is priceless. :)

Unfortunately, I will count myself as an ignoramus on studying coaches film until proven otherwise and cannot promise any ability to provide coherent analysis. (if you are lucky maybe a screenshot or two ).

Being overseas I can sign up for NFL GAMEPASS (which i finally did on Sat). Along with streaming of all the games (not just pats) I also get the All-22 thrown in AND also condensed versions of the games. (for example, The last preseason game ran about 30 minutes).

I was wondering about when they post the condensed and All-22 as I saw it for the preseason on Sat; but on Sun night the condensed wasnt up yet. I will check when I get home tonite and expect tomorrow. (my work computer thinks it is in the USA so I cant logon to GAMEPASS there).

Although I was somewhat put off by the $200 pricetag on gamepass; I have already found that the ability to act like a dvr and pause the game and skip the commercials is priceless. :)

Unfortunately, I will count myself as an ignoramus on studying coaches film until proven otherwise and cannot promise any ability to provide coherent analysis. (if you are lucky maybe a screenshot or two ).

I don't know how much time I have, but I will review the game in coaches film. I also won't be able to provide deep professional analysis, but I can tell you which receivers are getting open and on whom. If requested, I may be able to watch a specific player, but I will warn you it is sometimes difficult to identify players.

Yes, Wednesday's; one more day before we can get our first regular season game reviews.

On a separate note, PatFanKen had what I thought was a very good idea a short while back: rather than a dozen or so people trying to rewatch and review the entire game and then post there thoughts here, how about splitting it up? For example one person does the 1st quarter, another the 2nd quarter, etc. Or one person focus on the OL, another on the DL, a third on the linebackers, another on the defensive backs, etc.

Is that of any interest to people here? How many have the Game Rewind with the all-22 access, and how many are planning to review and analyze Sunday's game?

I'm worried about this approach, though. You can't break down one level on each side of the ball....especially if you don't know their assignment. Really, what we need to do is identify:

1. The offensive formation vs defensive alignment. That should be not too hard. But, we should really match it up with the basic playbook from 2003-2004 (its online), when possible, so we can get the terminology down for the alignment/formation....which should give up the blocking assignments on O + gap assignments on D.

2. Take note of the personnel within the alignment/formation. Easy enough.
-But, as a bonus? Identify, for instance, who is the "star" or the "money" defender?

3. Identify the offensive passing concept vs the defensive coverage on each play. This will be a bit more difficult. We'll only get the basics (Y-hook, smash, snag, etc) vs (cover 2, quarters, fire zone, ect) but it's important. You really don't know jack without it.

So yeah, #3 is the big one. Why? Cause I'm so afraid we'll have post-after-post of people simply making comments like "durrr, but Welkah was open on the other side of da field and Brady didn't see it! Overrated!" or whatever nonsense, you know? You can't identify a truly open receiver unless you have at least some understanding of the passing concept and the numerical/coverage reads that accommodate it....based on the defense.

Free Trial through Sept. 17

Give this link a shot. Should offer free access through the 17th which includes access to all of the week 1 action.

Regards,
Chris (subscriber this year)

Well, the all-22 from the Titans game was PARTIALLY on the web sometime late Tues night (US times anyway) and not Wed morning. As of right now (0100 US EST) it is posted up to 7:33 of the 1Q. then it rolls back into cbs broadcast.

A couple of notes about all-22 in general:

1. it isn't ALWAYS all-22. They pick which camera angle to show AFTER they know what the play result is. If it is a run up the middle or pass across the short middle; the EZ camera stays zoomed in. So for instance, if somebody wanted to know if a wr is doing his run blocking responsibilities - you cant see it.

2. There is no audio or on screen down-distance. They intercut a shot of the scoreboard between plays. No audio either.

3. they generally show each play twice.

I'm worried about this approach, though. You can't break down one level on each side of the ball....especially if you don't know their assignment. Really, what we need to do is identify:

1. The offensive formation vs defensive alignment. That should be not too hard. But, we should really match it up with the basic playbook from 2003-2004 (its online), when possible, so we can get the terminology down for the alignment/formation....which should give up the blocking assignments on O + gap assignments on D.

2. Take note of the personnel within the alignment/formation. Easy enough.
-But, as a bonus? Identify, for instance, who is the "star" or the "money" defender?

3. Identify the offensive passing concept vs the defensive coverage on each play. This will be a bit more difficult. We'll only get the basics (Y-hook, smash, snag, etc) vs (cover 2, quarters, fire zone, ect) but it's important. You really don't know jack without it.

So yeah, #3 is the big one. Why? Cause I'm so afraid we'll have post-after-post of people simply making comments like "durrr, but Welkah was open on the other side of da field and Brady didn't see it! Overrated!" or whatever nonsense, you know? You can't identify a truly open receiver unless you have at least some understanding of the passing concept and the numerical/coverage reads that accommodate it....based on the defense.

I think it's well worth the risk. I'm always eager to learn. We are always going to get crappy posts no matter what and that includes me, every now and then, unfortunately.

I had it during the off season. Off season was $29.99. All games back to 2009, with select super bowls. Didn't have the All 22 though.

Well, the all-22 from the Titans game was PARTIALLY on the web sometime late Tues night (US times anyway) and not Wed morning. As of right now (0100 US EST) it is posted up to 7:33 of the 1Q. then it rolls back into cbs broadcast.

A couple of notes about all-22 in general:

1. it isn't ALWAYS all-22. They pick which camera angle to show AFTER they know what the play result is. If it is a run up the middle or pass across the short middle; the EZ camera stays zoomed in. So for instance, if somebody wanted to know if a wr is doing his run blocking responsibilities - you cant see it.

2. There is no audio or on screen down-distance. They intercut a shot of the scoreboard between plays. No audio either.

3. they generally show each play twice.

All - 22 should show two angles: (1)one sideline view from high up, and (2) one view from the endzone.

If they show an intercut shot of the scoreboard, then that's good; cause that's how real coaches break it down.

This is coaches tape on Colts vs Chargers. This is how it should look.

All - 22 should show two angles: (1)one sideline view from high up, and (2) one view from the endzone.

If they show an intercut shot of the scoreboard, then that's good; cause that's how real coaches break it down.

This is coaches tape on Colts vs Chargers. This is how it should look.

yes, there is an intercut of the scoreboard

yes, there is a sideline view with all 22 players

yes, there is an endzone view BUT IT DOESN"T INCLUDE all 22 players

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes