PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Alan Branch Cooked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alan Branch is technically under contract. However, he is due a $1M bonus before the season starts, so he will be a free agent within a month.

I mean, thanks for the 2 rings and whatnot, but what is with these guys and their inflated egos on the way out the door?

Branch, Butler....Who's next?

It's 'that organization' because he's undoubtedly already been informed that he will not be a part of it going forward. Branch has made a career out of dogging it after getting paid. I was surprised his contract wasn't incentive based. Classic example of a guy that shouldn't have been paid upfront money.

Well I will agree on the fact that it appears he’s burned his bridge here. Had a good run with him.

It's 'that organization' because he's undoubtedly already been informed that he will not be a part of it going forward. Branch has made a career out of dogging it after getting paid. I was surprised his contract wasn't incentive based. Classic example of a guy that shouldn't have been paid upfront money.

agree, but it is still a classless cheapshot on the way out the door.

career over

Rowe and Branch said that they didn't know? So?

BTW, is Rowe disloyal because he said that he didn't know until game time?

Well I will agree on the fact that it appears he’s burned his bridge here. Had a good run with him.

If Branch didn't have a bonus due, he'd be competing in camp. He'd be insurance until he was replaced.

As it is, he will be gone on March 14 or earlier.

Another valuable piece of the defense along with Butler who our arrogant Coach refused to play, not only in the most important game of the year, but in Branch's case, basically the whole playoffs and beyond. Branch was Fanatastic in helping us get that 5th ring. A major plug in the middle of that DLine and then you watch some of those Eagle runs and you think wow, just like with Butler, can you imagine if Branch played and how he could have helped? Our arrogant Coach cost all of us a 6th Ring...it's inexcusable, arrogant and something we will all never forget...Josh McDaniels can't take over soon enough...

Another valuable piece of the defense along with Butler who our arrogant Coach refused to play, not only in the most important game of the year, but in Branch's case, basically the whole playoffs and beyond. Branch was Fanatastic in helping us get that 5th ring. A major plug in the middle of that DLine and then you watch some of those Eagle runs and you think wow, just like with Butler, can you imagine if Branch played and how he could have helped? Our arrogant Coach cost all of us a 6th Ring...it's inexcusable, arrogant and something we will all never forget...Josh McDaniels can't take over soon enough...
Branch was terrible this season and was inactive for almost the entire time. One year doesn't translate to the next - it's clear that you don't realize the difference of 365 days.

I mean, thanks for the 2 rings and whatnot, but what is with these guys and their inflated egos on the way out the door?

Branch, Butler....Who's next?
Alan Branch has always been kind of a notorious dipshit, this isn't really a new development. Belichick made some concessions along the way because he played a needed role, and he gambled a bit on Branch's maturity by giving him a new contract, but Branch turning into a whiny, lazy, unmotivated piece of **** wasn't exactly unforeseeable.

On the bright side, literally anybody with a pulse should outperform his 2017 production so it's not like the Pats are losing anything by cutting his ass.

Is
Another valuable piece of the defense along with Butler who our arrogant Coach refused to play, not only in the most important game of the year, but in Branch's case, basically the whole playoffs and beyond. Branch was Fanatastic in helping us get that 5th ring. A major plug in the middle of that DLine and then you watch some of those Eagle runs and you think wow, just like with Butler, can you imagine if Branch played and how he could have helped? Our arrogant Coach cost all of us a 6th Ring...it's inexcusable, arrogant and something we will all never forget...Josh McDaniels can't take over soon enough...[/QUOTE
Are you joking?
I seriously can't tell
Branch looked done or injured the games I saw him play in.

He gone. I'm excited to see how Vincent Valentine and a new NT perform next season in place of him. Moving on.

Valentine has been good when he was healthy. Hoping this isn't another Ron Brace scenario where he flashes potential but is never healthy long enough for it to matter. If he can just stay healthy for a season he'll be a real asset next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back