PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Alamo's Predict The Score Alamo's Predict the Score Contest: Week 2: NE @ PIT

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
PITTSBURGH STEELERS

thx Alamo
I just checked and noticed there's no score submitted. Please make sure to add your prediction to the box above the reply area so that it counts:

1663171424656.png
Just trying to make sure people don't miss a week :)

I think we had 99% of people last week who made the selections correctly, which was really great. Again, it's just tough to manually go through all of them over the course of 17 weeks and this was the easiest way I could come up with to make as simple as I could. The selection box is right above when you reply with a prediction (the box is literally right above the reply box) so make sure you take two seconds and move the sliders to pick your score :)

17-13 good guys in an ugly game. Beat up Mac and Trubisky makes for some ugly football.

Post your predictions here for Week 1, New England Patriots at Pittsburgh Steelers

This contest is open to everyone, it's both a weekly and a season-long contest.
Stakes are bragging rights.

*********** PLEASE NOTE THE SLIGHT CHANGE FOR THIS SEASON *********

******** Above the reply box is now an area to make your score prediction: ************

Here's an example based on last week's:

View attachment 45327

You just slide the bars and select your score, and then post your reply with your prediction and any additional comments in this thread so we can keep it the same way it always has been, with the exception of having you pick your score. This allows either me or @alamo to update the results much faster, ie: I posted the Week 1 results on Monday after the game :)

Getting back to the rules, as a one-time allowance for computer problems, forgetfulness, or whatever, one week can be missed and will be assigned that week's average score.

SCORING:

Your score is the COMBINED deviation of your predicted score for the Pats and opponents REGARDLESS OF DIRECTION.
For example, if you predict Patriots 31 Texans 23 your score is how many points off of 31 the Pats are (over or under does not matter) PLUS how many points off of 23 the Texans are (over or under again does not matter). Game winner does not matter. Lowest score wins.

You may change your prediction at any time before kickoff, which the window will close at that time and your selection will stand. Please keep this thread to predictions only (after you make the pick), no back-and-forth discussion of the game. A short comment explaining your pick is OK and encouraged after you've made your selection.

Good Luck!
Pitt: 21
Pats: 17

Patriots 23
Steelers 13

Patriots 24-20

It looks like Frodo is determined to get last place back from me. Going with the same score as last week.

Pats 38
Pitt 31

Pats 21
Trubiskys 17

The Pats score 2 more figgies than they did in week 1, but the offense gives up 21 points...and the defense just decides to quit on the offense and allow another 4 TD's. A schism in the locker room follows....

It's over, fellas....we are onto the 2023 NFL free agency/draft....

Steelers 49-13

@Ian , was only able to slide it to 55...so settled on 49 this week :).

The Pats score 2 more figgies than they did in week 1, but the offense gives up 21 points...and the defense just decides to quit on the offense and allow another 4 TD's. A schism in the locker room follows....

Steelers 49-13

Lol, yes, it maxes out at 55. If you pick 55 and the score is higher, lol, you win :D

23-13 good guys
O gets it going
D keeps it going

NE 17
PIT 24

Steelers 49-13

You're tanking for that first pick next April? I demand a Goodell investigation. #integrity

Steelers 23

Patriots 13

Post your predictions here for Week 1, New England Patriots at Pittsburgh Steelers

This contest is open to everyone, it's both a weekly and a season-long contest.
Stakes are bragging rights.

*********** PLEASE NOTE THE SLIGHT CHANGE FOR THIS SEASON *********

******** Above the reply box is now an area to make your score prediction: ************

Here's an example based on last week's:

View attachment 45327

You just slide the bars and select your score, and then post your reply with your prediction and any additional comments in this thread so we can keep it the same way it always has been, with the exception of having you pick your score. This allows either me or @alamo to update the results much faster, ie: I posted the Week 1 results on Monday after the game :)

Getting back to the rules, as a one-time allowance for computer problems, forgetfulness, or whatever, one week can be missed and will be assigned that week's average score.

SCORING:

Your score is the COMBINED deviation of your predicted score for the Pats and opponents REGARDLESS OF DIRECTION.
For example, if you predict Patriots 31 Texans 23 your score is how many points off of 31 the Pats are (over or under does not matter) PLUS how many points off of 23 the Texans are (over or under again does not matter). Game winner does not matter. Lowest score wins.

You may change your prediction at any time before kickoff, which the window will close at that time and your selection will stand. Please keep this thread to predictions only (after you make the pick), no back-and-forth discussion of the game. A short comment explaining your pick is OK and encouraged after you've made your selection.

Good Luck!

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back