PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

AFC Divisional: We're on to the Chargers (Beat LA!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn’t typical man under have 2 high safeties? 2 man under...?
I see how that could take away some quick stuff as there aren’t holes underneath and the man defenders can jump short routes with help over the top. But wouldn’t pick plays/RB choices be open underneath if they were in that? And if there were 2 safeties over the top, wouldn’t that make it tough to send PD deep (unless maybe on a post with MOFO)?

(Legit questions, not picking a fight)

Yep. The Patriots used to absolutely murder this with Gronk down the seam but he hasn't been himself this year. Legitimately, the last time I could remember Gronk being effective against C2 man under was Week 1 against the Texans. I might be forgetting a game after during the regular season, but that's the last time I could remember it. And yes, it would make it tough, but the safeties would have something to think about before crashing down on curls, slants, etc. I would suspect that they'll disguise their coverages by showing Cover-2 man under before the snap but it will actually be Cover-1 (probably with robber - similar to how Atlanta got Brady in 51).

Last edited:
The Ravens tried that. Failed miserably. 76 yards with 3 first downs on the ground until Baltimore abandoned the run with 9 minutes left.
The Ravens stuck with the QB zone read which the 7 DBs were intended to stop. No way LA sticks with that D against the Pats heavy package.

Regards,
Chris

My father always told me that you go with the QB in these games.

I did not follow through with that logic last weekend and I picked against Foles and Rivers winding up 1 - 3. . I still believe that Wilson is better than Dak but he played like crap.

Im going Brady, Luck, Brees and Goff this weekend.

In my opinion, it shows what the team thought of Hollister to hold off on putting him on IR.

Too bad about Hollister. A lost year. Curious to see what Mr. Anderson can do.

Dan Skipper...The Skipper.

View attachment 22118
A move that has been percolating for weeks. More of a larger WR than TE. He has good speed and athleticism so presents a match-up issue for LBs, but so do White and Burkhead. Will be curious to see if he dresses. His lengthy stay on the PS while Hollister was giving us nothing makes me skeptical.

“He’s done well for us,” Belichick said. “We’ve used him in a lot of different roles in practice. He’s been great. He’s been one of the guys that’s been recognized on multiple weeks for the job he’s done for us either as a big receiver or as the go-to tight end for the team that we’re playing — also in the kicking game. He’s done well.”
Patriots Have Versatile Receiver On Practice Squad In Stephen Anderson

Texans find undrafted gem in WR/TE Stephen Anderson
Texans' Stephen Anderson not your prototypical tight end

Last edited:
My father always told me that you go with the QB in these games.

I did not follow through with that logic last weekend and I picked against Foles and Rivers winding up 1 - 3. . I still believe that Wilson is better than Dak but he played like crap.

Im going Brady, Luck, Brees and Goff this weekend.

I'll make an argument just to screw with you :p

Suck over Mahomes? really? vet vs 1st timer is your logic?
I think Dak and Goff are even and if Gurley has nothing, Dak has Ez to go to .
Rivers had a better year than Tom but.....its Tom and he has a running game.
Brees has not been playing well lately and Foles is da man.

Dan Skipper is 6’9⅝”, I believe the tallest player currently in the NFL.

A move that has been percolating for weeks. More of a larger WR than TE. He has good speed and athleticism so presents a match-up issue for LBs, but so do White and Burkhead. Will be curious to see if he dresses. His lengthy stay on the PS while Hollister was giving us nothing makes me skeptical.
Texans find undrafted gem in WR/TE Stephen Anderson
Texans' Stephen Anderson not your prototypical tight end
I dunna know either. Anderson did play a ton of ST in HOU. Maybe they needed to make sure he knew what he was doing on ST before activating him?

Agree I doubt he'll see much time on offense but as a TE3 whatever

you live in Toronto? why not a Bears fan? or Lions?..jus' askin'...

I live in western PA (originally Canadian, then Iowa, then South Carolina) and I'm a Patriots fan haha. I loved their jerseys and colors when I was a kid in the 90s and Drew Bledsoe was my favorite player :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back