PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

AFC Championship: We are on to Kansas City!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. I think the defense will give up somewhere between 28-32 points. And I don't even think this is "bad" but pretty much what you need to have a shot at Arrowhead. It will be on the offense to confirm the trend we have been seeing the last couple of days and not fall back into "redzone issues" mode.

Obviously I trust our offense more than the defense and this is where the game will be lost or won. Well that and the first 2 series of each half on defense. If we can hold them to below 10 points on each of them we are on the way to the SB.

I mean, I honestly don't think I'd feel comfortable until we hit the 42 point mark. That's an offense that can ring up points on anyone and do it quickly. I love our two boundary corners now, but neither of them can stick with Hill one on one and Hill has still be known to take the top off the defense even when being doubled. The key will be up front. The need to keep Mahomes in the pocket and get him coming off that first read. His production slips notably when that happens. If he gets outside the pocket and starts playing sandlot football, there will be some big plays downfield to be had for Hill and Watkins. I suppose they can go with some Cover-2 man looks, but Kelce will rip them up the seam. My guess is that we'll see maybe a 40/60, 30/70 mix of Cover-1 and Cover-3 with an emphasis on contain up front. Give them the short stuff often, prevent the deep stuff, and try to frustrate him into going gunslinger.

You happen to have that kook's phone number? I'd like to consult with him about my marriage sitch....

He's always in the "Pub Forum"......

Watkins was in the AFC East for a while. I’m sure the Pats know how to defend him.

today friday i pratically thought the major part of the day at this game...
sunday to monday i pratically decided to not sleep at all...i will see both games live it means that i will go to sleep (hopefully happy) at approx 04,00 am :confused:

Crowd noise. I've been fighting that war at Chiefs Planet and I don't want to do it here.

When you are prepared and play well on the road, you win. If you don't, you loose.

I was there in 2014 when they broke the sound record It was impressively loud.
Its a very loud place. I just don't think it impacts the outcome of a game. Play well and you win. Play like crap you lose.

Fans at arrowhead on Sunday will be just as loud if not louder than that 2015 Denver game. We will have to go to the silent count for a while. If we do well, they can switch to the normal count as the crowd will be out of the game. I think the game is essentially over if they get off to a fast start.

yes a fast start would be nice to take the crowd out of the game.

Please explain further, perhaps it will help soothe my angst. Although, if I was a player hearing that moronic tomahawk chop chant it would make me want to kill someone.
Crowd noise does not impact the outcome of a game. How you play impacts the outcome.

So you also agree the Chiefs will win, and cover? I had the final score as 31-20 KC.

Actually, i do not necessarily agree with his last points about KC winning. I think KC has the edge to win, but if the Pats come out as i think they might, KC will have to bring its A/B+ game to win.

Nice handle. You're fooling all of us!
He’s not fooling me. I smell incest on his clothes and Evan Williams and excellent BBQ on his breath. Bradyfan001, you had best watch yourself. I’m on to you. Don’t step out of line or else I’ll be on your ass and I will kill you. No, that’s not a joke. I’ll literally kill you and your entire family. I will wipe your seed from this Earth so you can never again contaminate the air I breathe. This is no joke, son. This is football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back