PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ADVICE NEEDED: SUPER BOWL TICKETS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, I would just go. It will be a good experience anyways and you can just enjoy the game without the stress of your team being in it. Your wife will be happy because you enjoyed her gift and you won't really look back saying "man I really regret that time I went to the Super Bowl"

If you do go, be sure to wear all your Patriots gear. :)

I would talk to your wife about selling them. My wife would understand. She knows I'm not going if the Pats aren't in it. Your wife might understand as well.

BTW - I doubt she could go in your brother's place as most airline tickets don't allow passenger name changes once booked.

So for my 50th birthday, my wife got me tickets and the 54 pre-game party for my birthday. Awesome present...but once the Pats lost, I honestly have no strong interest in football for the rest of this season. (I wish I had known she was buying them as we had a pretty good idea this was not their year)

The plane ticket and hotel are non-refundable so I am going regardless. There are 2 tickets that she purchased for my brother and I to go.

I am not discussing any sale here (as it would be through stubhub only), but am I wrong for telling her I would rather sell the tickets for a profit, give her her money back and just enjoy Miami for a long weekend watching the game at a beach bar?

I guess being a Pats fan from the days of Grogan, it has been a long ride. The last 20-someting years have been awesome but have also made me hate the NFL and other teams in general. Casual fans state it would be awesome to be there, but for me seeing 2 teams I could care less about, some weird pregame cattle call party, and a crappy half-time show just don't make it worth keeping if I can make enough to pay her back (and still enjoy Miami).

Am I outta line for thinking like this or does it make some sense?
You have an incredible wife. Since you being a Pats fan was why she bought the tickets, I'd think she would understand you selling them. Using them on the game as a neutral observer would be a waste, so paying her back in full would seem your first priority followed by a suitably romantic gesture of thanks. To maximize what you can get for the tickets you might want to explore other outlets in addition to StubHub, like in the Kansas City area.

Thank you so much for your advice. This was what was needed from true fans "our people" from Pats Nation.

I have decided to go...yes, the practical side of me says sell sell sell...but you only live once and it was a heartfelt gift. I feel bad for the stress I caused bringing it up in the first place.

I needed to hear from those who truly could understand my plight (I have always lived in upstate NY so really I am fairly alone when it comes to true Pats fans).

Thanks again-Go Pats!

Thank you so much for your advice. This was what was needed from true fans "our people" from Pats Nation.

I have decided to go...yes, the practical side of me says sell sell sell...but you only live once and it was a heartfelt gift. I feel bad for the stress I caused bringing it up in the first place.

I needed to hear from those who truly could understand my plight (I have always lived in upstate NY so really I am fairly alone when it comes to true Pats fans).

Thanks again-Go Pats!

Over the past ten years the gamble that the Pats would be playing in the SB were 50%. Not bad, but a untimely coin flip for you.

Sell tickets
Tell her you went
Enjoy Miami & So FL
Plenty of nice strip joints to visit with the profits

That way everybody feels good.
Orchids of Asia over there too. Should be a must go destination for any serious Pats fan.

I'd go just to enjoy all the festivities without having to worry about a game outcome.

Orchids of Asia over there too. Should be a must go destination for any serious Pats fan.

Orchids of Asia is 90 minutes north of Miami (Jupiter, FL) and is out of business.

Maybe you can email Robert Kraft and ask whether there are any good alternatives near Miami. ;)

Orchids of Asia is 90 minutes north of Miami (Jupiter, FL) and is out of business.

Maybe you can email Robert Kraft and ask whether there are any good alternatives near Miami. ;)
Damn, there goes the only reason to go :D

Sell tickets
Tell her you went
Enjoy Miami & So FL
Plenty of nice strip joints to visit with the profits

That way everybody feels good.
Do you happen to do any off-site marriage counseling by chance?

Last edited:
I'm the same way... haven't watched a second of football since the Pats bowed out. I don't support the NFL (beyond watching Pats games) or ESPN since "deflate gate".

Or you could go with your brother, enjoy Miami and sell the tickets.. Take half and buy a nice piece of jewelry for your wife and splurge on the other half for something you want.... Everybody i happy......

You will not regret it. It is a great gift and you will have a lot of fun! I went last year and it was amazing. Even if I wasn't rooting for any team it would have been amazing (and less stressful!). There is so much to do there, they really put on a great show.

Sell them, if no one buys them, take your wife on the trip and have a good time. I have a scorched earth policy when it comes to the NFL right now. Not watching any part of this Super Bowl. F them. I hate both teams anyway.

Honestly, I would sell those tickets (easy to say in hindsight). Ticketprices are going THROUGH THE ROOF. The get-in price jumped to around 7k over night. If there's still a chance to sell them - don't know how selling at stubhub/tick-pick works - I would try it. If they don't sell... watch the game yourself.
Makes me think how blessed I was last year with the prices developing much different. I guess patsfans are too spoiled with super bowls and of course miami is a much nicer location than atlanta.

Sell them, if no one buys them, take your wife on the trip and have a good time. I have a scorched earth policy when it comes to the NFL right now. Not watching any part of this Super Bowl. F them. I hate both teams anyway.

Why?

Dont you like Jimmy? That British Corden guy on late night TV says he is hottest Super Bowl dish.

Thanks again-Go Pats!
Have fun!

I hope that you sold the tickets and took your wife to Miami with you. To say that prices went through the roof is an understatement. Last I looked, they were over 9K a pop..

You could have a nice vacation and still put away 10K for the rainy day fund..

Thanks again-Go Pats!
If you really felt stress over even thinking about this then I'm glad you chose to go. Nothing worse than a moral hang over. Enjoy your trip/game.

Me, I'd be at Cheetahs in Hallandale Beach right now with a smile from ear to ear. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes