PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Adrian Gonzalez, Crawford, Beckett & Punto Trade Talk to Dodgers

I don't think Ellsbury has a lot of time left in Boston. We've already made a mistake giving someone with his skill set a massive contract. Giving one to someone over 30 is bad news.

I say try and trade him for Andrus, Profar is waiting in the wings for them at SS.

He's going to be over paid by somebody ... with Xander and Jackie in the wings we really don't need to over pay him. We may have to over pay at another position but not center field ... Jacoby is just keeping that warm for Jackie.

napoli is a free agent this year. hes a solid option at 1st base. i know some people think there's nobody in free agency but i think the possibilities are endless. im so much more optimistic about the sox than i was a week ago. i dont think its going to take three years either.

Mike Napoli Stats - Texas Rangers - ESPN
hes not hitting for a good average

Last edited:
napoli is a free agent this year. hes a solid option at 1st base. i know some people think there's nobody in free agency but i think the possibilities are endless. im so much more optimistic about the sox than i was a week ago. i dont think its going to take three years either.

For the most part we need to replace gonzalez ... Beckett was all done here and Crawford who knows. Certainly we needed to replace him for the short term at a minimum. So we replace Gonzalez somehow and move from there. I don't see a major rebuilding either.

I think the most intriguing thing is what to do with Ciriaco ... a great bat who is not the greatest shortstop. that leaves 3rd and 2nd. I would make the bold move of trading Pedroia and finding a 1st basemen.

Start the season next year with Middlebrooks, Iglesias, Ciriaco and ? in the infield ... possibly even Salty at 1st for now. Trade Kalish or Jacoby and bring up bradley and resign Ross.

Outfield Ross - Bradley - Kalish or Ross - jacoby - Bradley.

Josh Hamilton...discuss

Josh Hamilton...discuss

No F'n way. Great ballplayer, but has relapsed in small markets (St. Pete, Arlington) and would not want the pressure of Boston put on him.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back