PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Addressing the AFC East is Weak Myth

Status
Not open for further replies.

PYPER

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
I keep reading or hearing how our string of success over the past 13 years is a by-product of playing in a weak division. Our detractors seem determined to chip away at our credibility.

That led me to do some research.

Since 2002 when the NFL implemented the realignment to create the current structure of divisions.....

- The AFC East is actually tied for FIRST in producing the most teams with winning records, 23 to be exact (They are tied with the AFC North and NFC East....Last place belongs to the NFC West with only 15).

- Not surprisingly, the AFC East also ranks first in total number of Conference Championship Game appearances (I guess the Jets are good for something after all....):p

We're also the only division in the league to have multiple teams make multiple appearances in the Conf. Championship Game over the past five years. SUCK ON THAT HATERS!!!

Now the next time any of you hear or read some idiot trying to diminish our success b/c of our division, feel free to let them know the truth.

Peace out,

FEELING THE MAGIC BABY!!!

Ummm, 12 of those 23 winning seasons are the Pats. Your stats would be more meaningful if the most dominant team in each division was removed from the sample during the 12 years.

Ummm, 12 of those 23 winning seasons are the Pats. Your stats would be more meaningful if the most dominant team in each division was removed from the sample during the 12 years.

Yeah but every division has a team that finishes in first place. To lead all divisions in this category means that our division has more seasons with multiple teams that have winning records. Its validity holds.

And for instance the Seahawks in 2010 were 7-9 and won the division.

the afc east only looks weak because it has the only dynasty team since the salarycap was put in place.

its like saying Rajon Rondo is short because everyone else on the team is 7 feet tall.

Luckily we have faced some good QB's over the years ...

Because that is the one area where competition is lacking in the AFC East ...

Up until Tannehill and he's still young ...

the QB's have all sucked and that makes it harder for our guys to stay sharp.

In out-of-division games:

AFCE - 22-18 (55%)
AFCW - 25-15 (63%)
AFCS - 12-28 (30%)
AFCN - 19-21 (48%)

Doesn't seem like a weak division to me ...

the afc east only looks weak because it has the only dynasty team since the salarycap was put in place.

its like saying Rajon Rondo is short because everyone else on the team is 7 feet tall.

I love the analogy chasa!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back