PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Adam Schefter: Brady not yet committed to playing in 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe if BB didn't screw up the Superbowl this wouldn't be happen.

Special thanks to Brady as well for pulling this BS the year they traded garoppolo.

My sentiments exactly we need an instant rolleyes:rolleyes: Icon.

Schefter has always seemed pretty plugged in to BB or the Krafts, and therefore I imagine this report might be meant to shock Brady into coming to OTA stuff.

Browns - Allen

Giants - Darnold

Jetes - Mayfield

Browns - Barkley

Broncos - Nelson

Rosen, I believe, will drop out of the top 10 unless some team trades up.

I don't think Rosen slides out of the top 10, no way. Heck I think even Lamar Jackson might be a reach in the top 10 or barely far from there.

The only thing regarding Rosen, I need to look up the draft order because I think he has LA or NY, Miami written all over him. I think teams in small markets might be aware that this guy doesn't look like a guy who will embrace and become the face of that given city, so it's a thing to consider.

The charm about 1st round QBs is that they have the tools to start soon. We dont need that. We need a developmental guy who has qualities that can be built upon for 2 years (or 1 if you're unsure). We don't need a 1st round QB.

In most cases 1st round QBs don't get to be 1st round QBs because of their NFL-readiness. That is one factor, but it is usually minor.

1st round QBs get to be 1st round QBs mainly because of their perceived superior skills. In fact, Josh Allen is viewed as a top 5 pick merely because of a cannon arm. He has severe accuracy issues that "maybe" can be fixed as he develops. That's what geniuses said about Jamarcus Russell, too.

I will be OK with a first round QB, just not OK will packaging 3 or 4 picks to move up for a QB. If that's the price, take a chance on a longer-shot guy like Mike White or the Princeton guy.

Oh for ****s sake.
49a352bf124b396d96de33972af8103caa33fbc48070d8a9a905f00c84cf2d16

Does any player under contract ever come out to the media and say “I’m committed to playing next year?” Gimme a break.
Roethlisberger did

You know, it occurs to me that there's one other thing that changed from before the Superbowl to now -- McDaniels will be staying with the team and barring some new insanity is in fact is going be the next head coach.

WARNING WARNING WARNING DANGER WILL ROBINSON!! ...complete, total tinfoil hat hawt takez speculation here....

* Regardless of how we got to this point, the current QB situation gives Brady a huge amount of leverage.
* Brady has a better relationship with McDaniels than he does with Belichick.

* Assumption: Brady would rather play out his remaining years under McDaniels than under BB.

* Result: Brady, realizing that the team is screwed if he leaves after this season (let alone if he doesn't play this season, but I don't believe for a second that would happen), is using an implied threat of hanging them up after the 2018 season as part of a scheme to pressure a Belichick departure after this season.

Last edited:
Unfortunately that’s how it often is when legends leave a team. It definitely isn’t always a clean break.
Wish it would be a Ted Williams type ending

I don't think Rosen slides out of the top 10, no way. Heck I think even Lamar Jackson might be a reach in the top 10 or barely far from there.

The only thing regarding Rosen, I need to look up the draft order because I think he has LA or NY, Miami written all over him. I think teams in small markets might be aware that this guy doesn't look like a guy who will embrace and become the face of that given city, so it's a thing to consider.

How so? Some of those teams in the top 10 don't need a QB. Jackson will slip. Unless someone trades to get into the top 10. If Allen goes first like many think he will then i can see Rosen fall until he gets to number 5 with the broncos. I still think the broncos will take the guard which would be a steal for the broncos.

We gonna see some trades in the draft. We could see the bills try and go all the way to number 2 and select darnold.

What about the other 1695 NFL players?
I dunna know. I was just providing an example of an older player who was going through a period of indecision about his playing career.

Earl Thomas was thinking about retirement too when he broke his leg.

There was the LB for the 49ers and Cowboys who both retired young.

It happens.

Reactions: SVN
I dunna know. I was just providing an example of an older player who was going through a period of indecision about his playing career.

Earl Thomas was thinking about retirement too when he broke his leg.

There was the LB for the 49ers and Cowboys who both retired young.

It happens.

I’m sure Rapistburger was asked by a reporter though. However, no player comes out on his own and says “I’m committed to play next year.” The assumption is he is if he is under contract.

I’m sure Rapistburger was asked by a reporter though. However, no player comes out on his own and says “I’m committed to play next year.” The assumption is he is if he is under contract.
I'm not sure what you are driving at. Roethlisberger publicly said he is wasn't committed to play in 2017. It's irrelevant who he said it to. It was on the record.

It really is, and I'm willing to bet that none of this would be happening if they had won the super bowl
I dunna know. Seems like some of this was festering and would have come out regardless.

But to your point winning cures a lot what ails a team

Another fine example of why I don't believe a thing any sports writer says does or writes. It's all BS, made up to keep the paychecks coming in.

I'm not sure what you are driving at. Roethlisberger publicly said he is wasn't committed to play in 2017. It's irrelevant who he said it to. It was on the record.

Did he come out on his own and say it or did a reporter ask him? That’s what I am driving at. And yes it’s relevant if he was asked as opposed to saying it on his own accord. Because it’s fake news unless it’s the former.

Last edited:
He's coming back. Bogus report. Don't care if it's Schefter. He's wrong all the time; just a bit less often than others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes