PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Adam Gase to NE in 2021?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does this raise the volume of the whispers or Darnold to New England next season?
Or since they lost The QB draft lottery has that ship sailed?

Dont the pats already have a ball boy?

Gase seems to be one of those guys who's ceiling is at coordinator. Some coaches can be great coordinators, but crappy head coaches. See Rex Ryan. Or Buddy Ryan for that matter. I think Gase is in that category. I wouldn't mind him here as a QB coach.

Does this raise the volume of the whispers or Darnold to New England next season?
Or since they lost The QB draft lottery has that ship sailed?

I am not sure about that. The Jets players seem to hate Gase. Not sure if Darnold is one of them.

But now that the Jets lost out on Trevor Lawrence, they might draft another player and hope their next head coach can turn around Darnold.

Gase is like the Shia Lebouf of coaches...you only bring him on if you want to kill your franchise.

It would be the end of the patriots if Adam Gase sign here.
I'd say hire Gase if Belichick wants to take a year off. Let Gase "try," go 0-13 and then fire him before he can start winning and hurt the draft order. Maybe have Randy Moss come in for a few games to talk about what Tommy would have done better and lose a couple more.

That sounds terrifying, though. So nah to Gase.

I really don't think Gase will downgrade to a QB coach position. I am sure someone out there would give him an OC spot before that happens.

If it ends up being true then why not. He wouldn't be the HC or OC and therefore not making any decisions but just executing those of others.

Would be ironic when Darnold leaves the Jets in the off-season. Two QBs Gase has almost destroyed

Would be ironic when Darnold leaves the Jets in the off-season. Two QBs Gase has almost destroyed

I am the last one to defend Gase but what QBs has he destroyed ?

Tannehill was already damaged goods and on his second contract when Gase got to Miami. That was all on Philbin and not Gase.

Darnold has just continued to play exactly as he did in his rookie season under Bowles. There was no regression. From everything we have seen from him in 3 years he is just not a great NFL level QB.

Destroying implies to me that he made a player worse which really has not happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back