PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Aaron Hernandez (role increasing)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you want to ridicule him go ahead but to compare him to Hitler or the Klan is absurd, as far as we know his actions go no further than jersey buying habits, making Hitler/Klan comparisons actually lessens and cheapens the terrible actions committed by Hitler and the Klan.

Nonsense. I was going for a chuckle AND trying to wake the lad up to the IMPORT of his comments.

And your choice to attack me, instead of him, speaks VOLUMES about...YOU.

* And you've missed the point.

* Does it ever occur to anyone that perhaps an opinion is trashed because the opinion IS trash?

* Not wanting to buy a jersey because the player is black is... is... for god's sake, why do I even have to explain this!?

THANK you, sir.

I was beginning to wonder what GALAXY I was in.

And you've missed the point. Does it ever occur to anyone that perhaps an opinion is trashed because the opinion IS trash? Not wanting to buy a jersey because the player is black is... is... for god's sake, why do I even have to explain this!?

Oh please, SICILIAN, you're about as hypocritical as one can get. Why do you feel the need to make a racial reference/statement with your screen name?

While you're at it why don't you verbally attack anyone on this board who's screen name references their Irish heritage or who has a tatoo of a shamrock, do you not think their actions are due to how they feel about their heritage?

Oh please, SICILIAN, you're about as hypocritical as one can get. Why do you feel the need to make a racial reference/statement with your screen name?

While you're at it why don't you verbally attack anyone on this board who's screen name references their Irish heritage or who has a tatoo of a shamrock, do you not think their actions are due to how they feel about their heritage?

I feel like I'm in the twilight zone...

Can you possibly be serious?

Having pride in your own national heritage is ~ in your eyes ~ the same as expressing distaste for an entire race??

Why are you defending this guy so vehemently??

This thread sure has gone off in a direction I didn't expect.

Did I mention that Hernandez is the youngest player in ... oh, never mind.

Well this thread got Godwined into oblivion. Man, Patsfans has been in rare form over the past day or so.

Last edited:
I feel like I'm in the twilight zone...

Me, too.

I wasn't going on a witch hunt, here: just busting some balls, looking for a chuckle, and trying to awaken the kid to the blatantly racist texture of his posts: Employ a little humor to ease the air, but still: Give him cause for pause.

It never DAWNED on me that someone would actually DEFEND that garbage. :eek:

Meh...

Can you possibly be serious?

Having pride in your own national heritage is ~ in your eyes ~ the same as expressing distaste for an entire race??

Why are you defending this guy so vehemently??

1) He hasn't hurt anyone from what I know, so comparing him to people who have hurt others is insane. I'm defending his choice to buy jerseys, no matter what the reason is.

2) Your criticisms are inconsistent. Do you seriously think there aren't any short guys out there that LOVE Welker in no small part because he is short as well?

Do you seriously think that there are no Brady fans in the Boston area who like him partially due to his Irish heritage?

What about the people that were psyched about the possibility of Edelman being Jewish?

I know several people who are of Polish background that are thrilled that our beast in the making is also Polish.

Yes, people have favorites and preferences based on a lot of criteria, and "race" is nothing more than classification of physical characteristics. If you want to jump over someone for admitting it, go ahead, but be consistent and bach everyone else for doing the same thing when they're more discreet about doing it.

Neither I nor anyone else incur harm by someone's choice of a Welker jersey so I'm not going to attack someone as though they are.

That being said, if anyone has any Faulk jerseys in XXL please let me know.

This injury of Faulk could be more advantageous than hurtful-:)

The 2006 and 2007 seasons ended with injuries to Kevin Faulk. In the AFCC game vs. Indy he went down early in the 2nd half, and the offense went down with him. In Super Bowl 42 he got hurt on the team's 2nd drive, and they only scored once more.

Hell, Brady's ACL injury happened in a game in which Faulk was suspended.

I'm not ready to call his injury an advantage.

The 2006 and 2007 seasons ended with injuries to Kevin Faulk. In the AFCC game vs. Indy he went down early in the 2nd half, and the offense went down with him. In Super Bowl 42 he got hurt on the team's 2nd drive, and they only scored once more.

Agreed, in so many ways he's been the glue that holds the rest of the offense together.

Good thing i picked him up in my Fantasy League.

Tony Gonzalez was my starter, but he got me no points. Then i put Gronk as my starter hoping he would breakout against the Jests and he didn't. So now Hernandez will be my starting TE with Gronk as a reserve.

Hmm, I never thought about those games that way. So your saying we've got a chance (of being much, much worse).

I am so moving thread to the Practice Squad forum. I cannot comment further without blowing my top.

Last edited:
my goodness... I did not think it would create such a firestorm :eek:

Hernandez is so $$$$$......

PPl criticize BB's drafts and I laugh..........

Tate, Hernandez, Gronkowski are each 1st round talents...... Their stocks dropped because of injury concern(s). Hernandez had drug concerns and I am confident he will keep his nose clean:).

We are striking gold in the draft in the last 2-3 years:singing:

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference