PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Aaron Hernandez is traveling to Seattle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob0729

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Heard on the radio that Hernandez's bags are packed and in front of his locker. Looks like he is making the trip. I doubt the Pats would make him travel if he didn't have at least a 70-80% chance of playing (possibly more).

I'm pleasantly surprised.

I have faith in the trainers but I hope they aren't pushing him back to quickly. I'd rather him fully healthy down the stretch than having this thing bothering him all year long. Then again, that may not be avoidable.

I have faith in the trainers but I hope they aren't pushing him back to quickly. I'd rather him fully healthy down the stretch than having this thing bothering him all year long. Then again, that may not be avoidable.
I had the same thought, but I think the Pats are generally pretty cautious when it comes to recovery. One thing clearly in his favor is his age. Despite this being his third year, I believe he's still only 22.

I have faith they'll do the right thing. Consider how well the offense has looked since the 4th quarter of the AZ game, I'd think they wouldn't bring him back until he's ABSOLUTELY ready to go. I'd probably feel different if we just came off a couple 13 point performances or something like that and he was being brought back.

Last edited:
Hey everyone. Been following this board for a long time, and I decided that it's about time I join so that I can participate discussing my favorite team with my fellow die hards.

Anyway....I'm glad that Hern is feeling better and apparently making the trip to Seattle. However, a part of me feels that it might be more beneficial to keep him out until after the bye. You know. Get him completely healthy and start unleashing him during the second half of the schedule. Maybe I'm wrong. Just my two cents. Cheers.

I don't want them to rush him back, but now the Seahawks have to spend time preparing for him so there is a benefit if he does not play.

This is great news obviously. Aaron has participated in the last 5 practices so one would think he's ready to go.

I don't want them to rush him back, but now the Seahawks have to spend time preparing for him so there is a benefit if he does not play.

From all appearances Ahern recovered much faster than expected. I don't think he's being rushed back.

According to Zolak, Hernandez may not be going to Seattle after all. He says all the players pack their bags even if they aren't going. That means that Hernandez's bag would be in front of his locker even if he is going.

I had the same thought, but I think the Pats are generally pretty cautious when it comes to recovery. One thing clearly in his favor is his age. Despite this being his third year, I believe he's still only 22.

That he is.

Fun facts:

* In 2010, Hernandez was the youngest player on any NFL roster—and GRONK was fourth.
* In 2011, Hernandez and GRONK were *still* the youngest TEs on any roster.
* In 2012, Hernandez and GRONK are *still* among the ten youngest TEs. :eek:

That he is.

Fun facts:

* In 2010, Hernandez was the youngest player on any NFL roster—and GRONK was fourth.
* In 2011, Hernandez and GRONK were *still* the youngest TEs on any roster.
* In 2012, Hernandez and GRONK are *still* among the ten youngest TEs. :eek:

GOOD! Because we have both of them for a while.

From all appearances Ahern recovered much faster than expected. I don't think he's being rushed back.

The team rushed Mayo back from his MCL in 2009 and he wasn't the same. The rushed Chung back and he wasn't effective. I think Hernandez would be a huge asset against the Seahawks, but it's not worth it to rush him back. Hoepfully they've learned.

In the event that he does (might) play.....It's gonna be damn sweet to see him out there. He's become a fixture. An expectation. Even with him out we've been doing an outstanding job these past couple of weeks. How much more damage are we going to inflict offensively with the Hern back? Exciting stuff. Can't wait for Sunday.

Given the rain forecast for Sunday, I'm not sure how much Hernandez plays unless he is 100% recovered (which he may be).

Speaking of the forecast:

Seattle 5-day Forecast

What is their state flower? Mildew? Maybe they drink so much coffee to keep from slipping into a weather-induced depression.

According to Zolak, Hernandez may not be going to Seattle after all. He says all the players pack their bags even if they aren't going. That means that Hernandez's bag would be in front of his locker even if he is going.

just curious, why would you pack if you weren't making the trip? practice?:confused:

The team rushed Mayo back from his MCL in 2009 and he wasn't the same. The rushed Chung back and he wasn't effective. I think Hernandez would be a huge asset against the Seahawks, but it's not worth it to rush him back. Hoepfully they've learned.

They also rushed the afformentioned players back out of need. I don't see the same level of need with Hernandez at this point. If we were playing the Niners and Texans in consecutive weeks with playoff positioning on the line, I'd agree with bringing him back before he was ready. If he's not ready yet in this instance, no. Hopefully he IS ready, though, and this is a moot point. Not so sure, personally. I'm not an athletic trainer, but to my untrained eye that looked like a nasty sprain.

No need to rush him back - O is doing fine without him - we need him in Nov and Dec more.

Given the rain forecast for Sunday, I'm not sure how much Hernandez plays unless he is 100% recovered (which he may be).

Speaking of the forecast:

Seattle 5-day Forecast

What is their state flower? Mildew? Maybe they drink so much coffee to keep from slipping into a weather-induced depression.

Just so you know metaphors, this is the first time its rained here in a little over 2 months. Of course it would choose this weekend to start. It rained during the pats game in 2008 too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes