PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Aaron Dobson

Status
Not open for further replies.

New England Pride

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
Aaron Dobson a healthy scratch again, week 3 vs Oakland Raiders

I'm not gonna hit the panic button on this kid because I truly believe he is the next great X wide receiver in this system, but what's going on here? Its really important for new england to get this guy up to speed. He flashed in his rookie year.

This is getting ridiculous. Keenan Allen, Cordarelle Patterson etc are never healthy scratches. What the eff is going on with this guy?

Why is lafell in ahead of him????

• Agree
Reactions: TBR
what a joke. outside of Edelman we have no WRs...at all. Lafell, Amendola and even KT provide nothing. This is becoming a joke

WR is a numbers game... there are a bunch who are fairly equal in ability, so guess it goes to the best person who has the best practice week...

Do not panic, there are 15 games left...

Before people freak out, the way I read the Patriots feelings is that KT/Lafell/Dobson are basically all neck and neck. They will be gameplan specific additions depending on matchups. So some weeks its KT, others its Dobson, and i'm sure Lafell will be next.

If you see one of these guys with a huge game, then perhaps that will change, but I believe they are all still being evaluated.

I really hope this is more of a conservative, health-related move

Dobson looked solid when healthy last year as a rookie who was thrown into the fire. I can't imagine he'd get WORSE in his 2nd year in the offense

Is Dobson just overrated on this board? I remember when he was drafted, guys were anointing him the guy who could finally fill in Moss role (Probably the Marshall connection as well).

LaFell wasnt seen as a big loss in CAR.

KT was passed on by every team in the draft

WR is a numbers game... there are a bunch who are fairly equal in ability, so guess it goes to the best person who has the best practice week...

Do not panic, there are 15 games left...
Well I think that idea sucks. Dobson and KT need development and that includes consistent playing time.

Why isn't Loser Lafell and Amendola ever a scratch?? Because bill doesn't wanna admit he made a bad decision signing both of them. Lafail and Amendola have has had years to show they are above average. And neither have any speed, athleticism upside. KT and Dobson have speed and upside so why aren't they trying to get these guys up to speed. If coaching really feels that low about their talent and upside that they prefer to start Lafail and Amendola then they need to make a move for a playmaker with speed and or size. Because loser lafell and Amendola have had over 5 years to be consistent playmakers and have been below average players no other team wants. How can the offense get better if the 2 young talents with some speed and upside aren't being developed and when they do play they are Bradys #4 read and the undrafted OLine doesn't allow Brady to go get to them

Why do people think Dobson is a healthy scratch? He may not appear on the injury report, but he still might not be fully recovered from the foot surgery. He may still be having difficulty getting a burst and/or cutting and pivoting. In the last preseason game, he looked to be rounding his routes.

I think he was deactivated because he isn't in game shape and, unlike a guy like Gronk, it is difficult to utilize an outside/deep threat receiver if they can't get to top gear or make sharp cuts. I don't consider this a healthy scratch.

Well I think that idea sucks. Dobson and KT need development and that includes consistent playing time.

LaFell was the second leading receiver today... 4 for 46 yards.

It's because Thompkins played. Look at last week. Dobson played and Thompkins was out.

BB clearly does not want both these guys active at the same time.

Unfortunately this reminds me of Hart Lee Dykes backs in 1990. Though Dykes injury was a kneecap. This foot injury scares me, I wonder if he'll ever be the same. He looked so good in the last preseason game, I'm thinking he might have reinjured it in some way, or it was never fully healed in the first place. Either way Belichick didn't feel comfortable playing him again, and that to me is a very bad sign.

LaFell was the second leading receiver today... 4 for 46 yards.
LaFell's average for the last four years is about 2-4 catches a game. He is a reasonable blocker. LaFell is doing what he was hired to do. BTW, he is also doing what he is being asked to do. I recall his frustration as being used almost always as a blocker in the MINN game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes