PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A shout out to Mike Vrabel

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
I must say color me impressed with the way Vrabel has been coaching the Titans with some really ballsy calls in today's game and last weeks defensive stand outplaying the Jags on defense.

On paper the Titans really are devout of talent on both sides of the ball but they seem to be playing over their heads the past 2 games

Finally a former Patriot that appears in the early going to be headed for success in the coaching ranks,at least off 2 very impressive wins - a big congrats to beating 2 of the 2017 Championship Conference entrants and the Super Bowl champs back to back

What looked like a sure fire win on November 11th weeks ago now appears is gonna be a dogfight to the end

3-1.. you are what your record says. Right? We shall see

The Titans game is shaping up to be really interesting:

1) Could have playoff seeding implications for both teams.

2) Always interesting to see how former players/coaches attack Belichick teams with their insider knowledge (though Vrabel has been away from the program for a long while now).

3) Two former Patriots players who have a chip on their shoulder for how things ended here.

From a neutral football standpoint, there's some real good stories there.

Last edited:
I'd be more inclined to celebrate his success if he didn't seem to make it a point to trade up ahead of the Pats multiple times in this past draft.
He was supposed to do something that wasn’t in the best interest for his team as a favor to the Patriots and their fans?

He was supposed to do something that wasn’t in the best interest for his team as a favor to the Patriots and their fans?
No, he wasn't. Regarding this thread, this business of praising and "rooting for" ex-Patriots seems odd to me, since for most of them their No. 1 goal is beating their old team.

No, he wasn't. Regarding this thread, this business of praising and "rooting for" ex-Patriots seems odd to me, since for most of them their No. 1 goal is beating their old team.
I’m not rooting for him at all. I hope they crash and burn in historic fashion. I was just wondering about the logic behind that post, hence why I asked the question.

3-1.. you are what your record says. Right? We shall see
I’ve never believed that quote. Clearly the Dolphins aren’t as strong of a 3-1 as the Saints.

I’ve never believed that quote. Clearly the Dolphins aren’t as strong of a 3-1 as the Saints.

It's probably a line that's better suited for the end of a season, moreso than the beginning.

Not surprised at Vrabel/the Titans being that ballsy. Vrabel was one of the very few players that could talk **** to BB and get away with it. He's very intelligent and shrewd.

Vrabel, unlike most neophyte coaches, has been handed an excellent roster. At some point though, the Titans lack of scoring will become a bigger issue for Mikey

Not surprised at Vrabel/the Titans being that ballsy. Vrabel was one of the very few players that could talk **** to BB and get away with it. He's very intelligent and shrewd.

He could get away with it because he had all the answers. Belichick called Moss one of the smartest players he's ever coached; he said the same thing about Vrabel.

I’m not rooting for him at all. I hope they crash and burn in historic fashion. I was just wondering about the logic behind that post, hence why I asked the question.

I'm always hoping that ex-Pats destroy the rest of the league - and then lose to the Pats with grace and dignity when the time comes.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back