PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A shout out to Mike Vrabel

The Cat (now their cat) is off to a slow start..:eek:

Rushing, yes. Overall yards from scrimmage, he's second on the Titans and pretty close to on pace for the 1,110 he had for the Pats last season.

I’m glad my amygdala and various neural networks allow me to separate those feelings until that game comes.
Interesting. I just naturally have neutral feelings about former Patriots still playing in the league who were deemed expendable by BB for likely good reasons. Actively following/rooting for them just because they once played in Foxboro doesn't make much sense to me, but to each his own.

Last edited:
Interesting. I just naturally have neutral feelings about former Patriots still playing in the league who were deemed expendable by BB for likely good reasons. Actively following/rooting for them just because they once played in Foxboro doesn't make much sense to me, but to each his own.
Deeming them expendable for good reasons is equivalent to treating them as indigestion. Keeping them forcibly holed up until they explode out. Very accurate for the headcases.

Where it only comes down to money, the departure to me is much more like seeing a caged bird free, an amicable departure by both parties.

Until it’s time to clip their wings and send them back to earth.

No, he wasn't. Regarding this thread, this business of praising and "rooting for" ex-Patriots seems odd to me, since for most of them their No. 1 goal is beating their old team.
Well they aren't in the same division as NE and unless they continue to win and end up grabbing a 1 or 2 seed then it won't affect the team in seeding and other than that reason and the fact that these 2 teams play against each other which you obviously want them to lose,then I don't really see an issue in liking his early success.

Vrabel was personally one of my favorite Patriot players in the past 2 decades so that reason alone makes me happy to see him starting off well instead of hoping he fails and gets canned in 2 years - when the Pats and Titans meet of course I want us to wipe the floor with them.

That will be a tough game when we face them. He’s really revved up their defense.

Vrabel, unlike most neophyte coaches, has been handed an excellent roster. At some point though, the Titans lack of scoring will become a bigger issue for Mikey
Yep this - they were a playoff team last year. In that division with the Jags good (not great, sorry Jalen Ramsey) and Colts/Texans looking underwhelming I’d bet they finish 9-7. Just like last year.

The media was ready to write off Mariotta and many said his career was done - could be the making of a huge comeback out of the basement

I must say color me impressed with the way Vrabel has been coaching the Titans with some really ballsy calls in today's game and last weeks defensive stand outplaying the Jags on defense.

On paper the Titans really are devout of talent on both sides of the ball but they seem to be playing over their heads the past 2 games

Finally a former Patriot that appears in the early going to be headed for success in the coaching ranks,at least off 2 very impressive wins - a big congrats to beating 2 of the 2017 Championship Conference entrants and the Super Bowl champs back to back

What looked like a sure fire win on November 11th weeks ago now appears is gonna be a dogfight to the end

Just how are the Titans "DEVOID" of talent on both sides of the ball? This has got to be one of the most ridiculous statements you've ever made. It says you haven't bothered to actually look at the Titans team, imho.

Offense:
Derrick Henry, Dion Lewis, Corey Davis, Ben Jones, Delanie Walker (inj), Jonnu Smith (returning from inj).

Defense:
Byard, Cyprien (inj.), Vaccaro, Woodyard, Orakpo, Evans (rookie), Logan Ryan, Morgan.

Where Tennessee is hurting seems to be their run blocking and QB.

You might have thought that Tennessee was a "sure fire win" but most people have been thinking about the Miami win and focusing on Indy on Thursday.

Just how are the Titans "DEVOID" of talent on both sides of the ball? This has got to be one of the most ridiculous statements you've ever made. It says you haven't bothered to actually look at the Titans team, imho.

Offense:
Derrick Henry, Dion Lewis, Corey Davis, Ben Jones, Delanie Walker (inj), Jonnu Smith (returning from inj).

Defense:
Byard, Cyprien (inj.), Vaccaro, Woodyard, Orakpo, Evans (rookie), Logan Ryan, Morgan.

Where Tennessee is hurting seems to be their run blocking and QB.

You might have thought that Tennessee was a "sure fire win" but most people have been thinking about the Miami win and focusing on Indy on Thursday.
After Walker went down the team lost a ton of talent and touches on the receiving end and many were already writing off Mariotta as not being the same guy after injury.

Henry doesn't scare anyone - Lewis hasn't broken out yet - Corey Davis was the biggest threat they had left on offense.

The defense was above average but no one saw them beating the Jags and Eagles back to back....no one - Vrabel has that team playing better than anyone thought....period

After Walker went down the team lost a ton of talent and touches on the receiving end and many were already writing off Mariotta as not being the same guy after injury.

Henry doesn't scare anyone - Lewis hasn't broken out yet - Corey Davis was the biggest threat they had left on offense.

The defense was above average but no one saw them beating the Jags and Eagles back to back....no one - Vrabel has that team playing better than anyone thought....period

If this team can't beat Indy without T.Y. Hilton and Doyle and with a QB with a noodle arm, then those issues of instability will pop up again

But of course Belichick won't let his team get complacent like the Vikings did when they fell asleep vs the Bills.

Vrabel kind of reminds me of Ditka as a coach. Nothing specific, just a vibe.

I couldn't care less about ex-players who end up on other teams.

My first wish is that he Pats rebound from their slow start and end up with the best record in the AFC and the #1 seed.

My second wish is the 2nd seed.

After that I'm hoping that the Pats win the AFCE with a worse record than the Jags/Titans, Cincy/Baltimore or the Cheifs/Broncos and one or more of them has to stay home for the playoffs. If we happen to lose to the teams that get knocked out all the better.

It's time for a payback for 2008.

The Titties win Sunday was especially sweet for me because not only did the Philthy Birds lose, but I and a couple of other Pats fans stuck around at the Bears Den after our game ended to watch the end of this game, even when it looked like the Philthy Birds would pull another lucky win out of their rotten, disrespectful azz holes. The silence at the other end of the bar where some Philthy Birds fans were sitting was deafening. Too feckin bad.

Wonder if he's for real, we've seen new coaches get off to hot starts before and fail hard (McDaniels, Singeltary). Hell, Jack Del Rio had a stretch.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back