PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A Lot of Pass Rushers Appear To Be On Trade Market:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joey007

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score

I’m not personally very interested in Vernon, but he’s one of many names. Justin Houston is also rumored to be on market. Could see JPP being available as well.

If Flowers isn’t resigned, this might be a good avenue to try and find a new pass rusher.

Too many teams with $50m+ cap space needing a pass rusher, if the Pats don't bring Trey back i just can't see them paying any free agent pass rusher $10m+ a year which all of those guys you named will cost.
I do tend to agree. If Flowers isn’t retained, our pass rush is in big trouble.

Almost all of the rumored trade candidates are going to be on the free agent market in about a week and a half.

Who are you counting on? Deatrich Wise? Derrick Rivers?
I think the only one we can truly count on when Flowers walks is Wise. He is a young player with experience and production and I have no problem relying on him for one of the 3 to 4 spots.

I would be ok with Clayborn as #4 but not sure he'll be here given his cap $.

Rivers could maybe fill one of the spots too but he still needs to prove himself.

I think we either need Flowers back or we need a solid vet and a high draft pick. Along with filling out depth with Rivers/Clayborn/whatever else.

There's an awful lot of Quality Depth in this years draft for the D-Line. If you want a flowers comp for the draft then your looking at Zach Allen

My strong preference is to keep Flowers. He's our best defensive lineman, arguably our best defensive player, and we KNOW what we have in him.

That said, the way to "replace" a guy like that isn't by actually replacing him. It's by bringing in multiple guys (draft and mid level signings) to either upgrade the depth and make the pass rush less predictable, or to get more kicks at the can to find the next Flowers. Remember, he was a mid round pick. No one knew Flowers was going to be Flowers before he broke out in year two.

Ah yes! It's that time of year!

This is when many people on this board, brighter than I, attempt to assess player value to the team. I don't follow college football at all so I have no clue whatsoever regarding draftees and their projected values.

In the large, I have great faith in Bill Belichick , the GM, since team building under the CAP while drafting dead last tends to be a significant, complex undertaking and yet his teams go to the Super Bowl EVERY OTHER YEAR (on average). (BTW: That is a F*cking stunning statistic!!)

Yes. I rest easy at this time of the NFL year and eagerly await the 6th "Three Games To Glory" DVD. I can hardly wait to read all of the stories in early May from the Boston Media about how BB screwed up the Draft again!

Good times! ;)

I think the only one we can truly count on when Flowers walks is Wise. He is a young player with experience and production and I have no problem relying on him for one of the 3 to 4 spots.

I would be ok with Clayborn as #4 but not sure he'll be here given his cap $.

Rivers could maybe fill one of the spots too but he still needs to prove himself.

I think we either need Flowers back or we need a solid vet and a high draft pick. Along with filling out depth with Rivers/Clayborn/whatever else.
I like Wise but he looks like a backup at this point. Fine role player, but shouldn’t be a starter.

Flowers is more than a pass rusher. It is hard to find DE like him with clear ability to rush the passer and someone who has a big impact on stopping the running game as well. I doubt we will find Flowers' replacement immediately either via FA or draft.

Ah yes! It's that time of year!

This is when many people on this board, brighter than I, attempt to assess player value to the team. I don't follow college football at all so I have no clue whatsoever regarding draftees and their projected values.

In the large, I have great faith in Bill Belichick , the GM, since team building under the CAP while drafting dead last tends to be a significant, complex undertaking and yet his teams go to the Super Bowl EVERY OTHER YEAR (on average). (BTW: That is a F*cking stunning statistic!!)

Yes. I rest easy at this time of the NFL year and eagerly await the 6th "Three Games To Glory" DVD. I can hardly wait to read all of the stories in early May from the Boston Media about how BB screwed up the Draft again!

Good times! ;)

Just because the results are great (another championship!) doesn't mean you should be proud of your own admitted ignorance. :)

I like Wise but he looks like a backup at this point. Fine role player, but shouldn’t be a starter.
I think there's another level in there. Not sure how high the ceiling is but he's still getting better. I think it's probably not as high as Flowers was but I'm ok relying on him for 1 spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye