PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A little highlight footage of TE DJ Williams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bartmac36

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
It is probably a reach to expect him to have a significant role down the stretch, but based on what I have seen he is a very athletic TE, almost identical to Hernandez in terms of physical build (6'2, 245 lbs). He has impressive speed and makes some pretty good moves in the open field. He also seems to have very good blocking skills to go with decent hands.

Lets hope he gets a chance to show what he's got down the stretch. He is a John Mackey Award winner after all.

DJ Williams Arkansas Razorback Senior Year - YouTube

It is probably a reach to expect him to have a significant role down the stretch, but based on what I have seen he is a very athletic TE, almost identical to Hernandez in terms of physical build (6'2, 245 lbs). He has impressive speed and makes some pretty good moves in the open field. He also seems to have very good blocking skills to go with decent hands.

Lets hope he gets a chance to show what he's got down the stretch. He is a John Mackey Award winner after all.

DJ Williams Arkansas Razorback Senior Year - YouTube

If he was that impressive he wouldn't be cut so many times...I prefer others.:rolleyes:

I like this video a lot.

Sport Science: D.J. Williams - YouTube

Still don't understand why this guy isn't good.
It can be a mustery sometimes. I compared Williams to Julius Thomas. Williams is clearly less quick (Shuttle, 3 Cone) but his other numbers are shockingly similar. He seems smart you'd think there would be a place for him.

Thomas
======
Height: 6045
Weight: 246
40 Yrd Dash: 4.64
20 Yrd Dash: 2.63
10 Yrd Dash: 1.62
225 Lb. Bench Reps: 16
Vertical Jump: 35 1/2
Broad Jump: 09'03"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.31
3-Cone Drill: 6.96

Ertz
====
Height: 6050
Weight: 249
40 Yrd Dash: 4.68
20 Yrd Dash: 2.64
10 Yrd Dash: 1.63
225 Lb. Bench Reps: 24
Vertical Jump: 30 1/2
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.47
3-Cone Drill: 7.08

Williams
======
Height: 6021
Weight: 245
40 Yrd Dash: 4.59
20 Yrd Dash: 2.62
225 Lb. Bench Reps: 20
Vertical Jump: 33 1/2
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.51
3-Cone Drill: 7.29

I like this video a lot.

Sport Science: D.J. Williams - YouTube

Still don't understand why this guy isn't good.

If they took time to develope him im sure he could be a decent contributor on offense. Maybe a 30 or so catches a year guy.

Its probably more likely hes gone after the season though, based on his track record in the nfl.

It can be a mustery sometimes. I compared Williams to Julius Thomas. Williams is clearly less quick (Shuttle, 3 Cone) but his other numbers are shockingly similar. He seems smart you'd think there would be a place for him.

Thomas
======

Williams
======

No wonder J Thomas is so good DJ williams by those cone and shuttle drills seems a little stiff in the hips.

Doesn't remind me of either Thomas OR Hernandez, based on that footage.

Honestly... reminds me of Jermaine Wiggins. Not a game breaker... but has good hands. Hey, I'll take it.

No wonder J Thomas is so good DJ williams by those cone and shuttle drills seems a little stiff in the hips.
Definitely not the quickest but those aren't awful numbers. His Shuttle is about the same as Zach Ertz (4.47 to 4.51). His 3 Cone shows he won't be making any Josh Boyce moves. Still, his overall numbers should get him a spot on a roster I would think, they're decent numbers.

Thomas
======

Ertz
====
Height: 6050
Weight: 249
40 Yrd Dash: 4.68
20 Yrd Dash: 2.64
10 Yrd Dash: 1.63
225 Lb. Bench Reps: 24
Vertical Jump: 30 1/2
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.47
3-Cone Drill: 7.08

Williams
======

I'm not sure Williams' inability to stick is that much of a mystery. To take these examples, Thomas is 6'4"' Ertz 6'5" and Williams 6'2" (barely). That's very short for a TE and makes him an HB which is still a fairly limited role in the NFL.

I'm not sure Williams' inability to stick is that much of a mystery. To take these examples, Thomas is 6'4"' Ertz 6'5" and Williams 6'2" (barely). That's very short for a TE and makes him an HB which is still a fairly limited role in the NFL.

Definitely not an inline guy who adds deception he probably can't block a lick either.

Do people think Green Bay was not desperate for this guy to work out, or something?

I wonder if the Pats would move FB James Develin to TE he a Stong 6'3 251?

I wonder what the story is on Hoomananui. He, Mulligan, Williams, Develin is far from great but it''s just about passable.

I said the same thing after yesterday's game, Develin needs to learn the TE position asap.

I said the same thing after yesterday's game, Develin needs to learn the TE position asap.

He's a coverted DL-man so the transition shouldn't be too difficult.

Crazy motor? Check.
Soft hands? Check.
Deceptive speed? Check.
Kinda looks like a cobra in uniform? Check.

Crazy motor? Check.
Soft hands? Check.
Deceptive speed? Check.
Kinda looks like a cobra in uniform? Check.

He ran a 5.03 at his pro day so I'd say that any suggestion of speed probably is deceptive :)

He ran a 5.03 at his pro day so I'd say that any suggestion of speed probably is deceptive :)

Well anybody looks Fast when the Defense ignores them.;)

I just hope he get's some chances, throw some passes his way and see what he can do.

Ahh. Based on BB's recent quote about basketball player TEs, he doesn't think that's fast enough (emergencies aside, of course).

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Back