A Few Pats On The Back For Dean Pees.

Status
Not open for further replies.

IcyPatriot

Wall of Fame
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
I think he's doing a good job in this his rookie season as a DC. sure..he has alot of talent at his disposal but he has the guys playing hard and tight for him. Just wanted to give a shout out to the guy...he's a bit out of the news right now and deserves some credit....good game Dean!!!

I'm sure the tackling will get better...but that's more a job for the position coach anyways.

Last edited:
Re: A Few Pats On The Back For Dan Pees.

How dare you parise any part of the pats, dont you know that Brady sucks?

Now on topic: Definetly good job by Pees. Poor tackleing by the 2ndary hurt us today but i think that will be fixed by the denver game.

Last edited:

It's DEan Pees, with an e. And while I thought he did a decent job, I didn't much care for all the big blitzing during third and long situations. He needs to rein in the defense a bit more. Aggression is good, but he was overly aggressive too often and gave Pennington a chance to burn the defense with those ridiculous 7 man blitzes. When the defense does it's job and gets the other team's offense into third and long, you don't cut them off at the knees by blitzing like that.

Other than that though, it seemed to be a fairly well coached defensive game. As for the tackling... :confused:

Richter said:
It's DEan Pees, with an e. ;)

kids 7th birthday today...a bit tired...my brother-in-law Dan sneaked into that post.:p

He is doing a great job so far.I'm not going to read too much into the poor tackling.Even guys like Vrabel were messing up,and he isn't known for mistakes that obvious.Its only week 2.Pees seems to be a lot more aggressive then Mangini was.That's for sure.Blitzing a lot more frequently.The run defense has been excellent so far.Again.I realize the secondary looked lost in the second half.Who knows what that was all about.We will be just fine.

How dare any Pats' fan point out a decent coach on our team. Haven't we lost enough of them to other teams? I'm sick of the revolving door, so how bout we keep quiet.;)

Aside to F.B.N.:
F.B.N. said:
kids 7th birthday today...a bit tired...my brother-in-law Dan sneaked into that post.:p
Was my son's 8th b-day today. Happy Birthday!

Things are looking good so far, we killed the jesters except for stupid missed tackles.

The interesting sidenot is I think it's at least 50-50 that Crennel is fired in Cleveland at the end of the year. Things will turn very ugly very quickly when they lose to the Ravens next week.

Last edited:
BelichickFan said:
Things are looking good so far, we killed the jesters except for stupid missed tackles.

The interesting sidenot is I think it's at least 50-50 that Crennel is fired in Cleveland at the end of the year. Things will turn very ugly very quickly when they lose to the Ravens next week.

I was going to post about Romeo...but I feel to bad for him to do it.

He went to a bad situation because right off the bat from the 1st draft the GM was out to prove who ran the team. If romeo had more say he would not be 0-2.

Considering they coped with a hurry-up offense all game, I thought the D played pretty well. Some frustrating penalties kept the Jets alive on two occassions and one touch came on a broken play, the other was just a heck ofa run by Coles. That, coupled with a hostile crowd, keeping Tom from making adjustments as esily at home, Mangini being able to make adjustments in the 2nd half, and a better conditioned team than they played last week, IMO, they looked good overall.

I am not quite sure what it is; but this year (all 2 games so far) i am far more comfortable before a game with DP running the D than i was last year and Manginin. Last year i always had that "uncomfortable" feeling before and during a game--this year i feel like we will make the plays to win the game......it may be just me, but so far so good!

F.B.N. said:
I was going to post about Romeo...but I feel to bad for him to do it.

He went to a bad situation because right off the bat from the 1st draft the GM was out to prove who ran the team. If romeo had more say he would not be 0-2.
He may think so privately, but publicly he supports the GM Savage and their destinies are probably linked -- they stay or are fired in tandem. During the last offseason Savage clashed with thir boss, the Browns President, and Savage would have been fired if Romeo had not intervened. Might not have been a wise move for him, maybe he preferred "the devil you know".

alamo said:
He may think so privately, but publicly he supports the GM Savage and their destinies are probably linked -- they stay or are fired in tandem. During the last offseason Savage clashed with thir boss, the Browns President, and Savage would have been fired if Romeo had not intervened. Might not have been a wise move for him, maybe he preferred "the devil you know".
He preferred the devil who had some actual football knowledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back