PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A Few of Denver's Splits

Status
Not open for further replies.
24champbailey said:
Belichick v Shanahan: Advantage--Denver

*ROFLMAO* Who are you kidding? Belichick is a much better coach than Shanahan. At BEST, its even.

24champbailey said:
Brady v Plummer: Advantage--New England

Rod Smith vs. Pats secondary Advantage-- Rod

Smith is good, but this is more EVEN than in Rod's favor.

24champbailey said:
Pats defense vs. Broncos run game Advantage-- even

Why is this even? Cause you say so?

24champbailey said:
Brady is 9-0 in the playoffs for a reason HOWEVER Shanny puts together one hell of a gameplan. Same goes for Belichick but in 3 of the last 4 meetings Shanny got the best of the Pats, losing only a thriller with third string QB Danny Kanell at quarterback . I wasnt impressed with your peformance against the Jags. If you think that perfomance can cut it against the Broncos at home you are delusional. I know the final score was 28-0 but I thought the Pats played sloppy.

No one thinks that the performance against the Jags will cut it, but you can BET that Jags game will be the WORST game that the Pats play in the playoffs.

All I can say is that Denver choked the last 2 years against the Colts and the Pats trashed the Colts each time. So, please. Make all the claims you want, but you are in for a helluva surprise.

24champbailey said:

Brady is 9-0 in the playoffs for a reason HOWEVER Shanny puts together one hell of a gameplan. Same goes for Belichick but in 3 of the last 4 meetings Shanny got the best of the Pats, losing only a thriller with third string QB Danny Kanell at quarterback . I wasnt impressed with your peformance against the Jags. If you think that perfomance can cut it against the Broncos at home you are delusional. I know the final score was 28-0 but I thought the Pats played sloppy.

I had respected your opinion until the first line of that post.

Plus you made two glaring factual errors in the main paragraph.

Sloppy.

Last edited:
DaBruinz said:
Luckily, no one. So you won't have any reason to whine that you weren't beaten by the best.

BTW, in case you were wondering the Pats were missing the following:
Richard Seymour, Tedy Bruschi, Rodney Harrison, Corey Dillon, Kevin Faulk, Matt Light.
Randall Gay was about 80%.

If you are stupid enough to believe that missing 5 starters doesn't mean something, well , that just goes to show your lack of understanding of the game of football.

we also didn't have Artrell Hawkins I do believe...and Troy Brown and Kevin Faulk did not play...and Zeroue was on the team...

ack

very different team

Flying Fungi said:
I'd give you Smith in any individual matchup, but Shanahan over Belichick is a stretch. Shanahan's job has been in question for years, and while the Broncos have had a great season, you are picking your coach over one of the top 5 head coaches in NFL history (arguably top 2). 5 rings, only coach to have a defensive game plan in the HOF, etc etc etc...

I'll go one further--Denver Receivers over Patriots' Secondary, but Patriots front 7 over Denver's OL/Plummer.

Not saying it will be a gimme, but I like NE's chances...
I dont think Shannahans job has been in question at all. Bowlen loves Shanny and trusts him. If you look at the franchises after they lose one of the greatest QBs in the game such as the dolphins, bills, san fran, dallas etc. After losing their QBs they never recovered. After we lost Elway we still maintained our winning ways by only having one losing season since Elway retired. In Denver winning is not good enough, we have the same expectations as you guys. Super Bowl or Bust.

Alot of people were puzzled by Shannahans off-season moves by acquiring the browns d-line and clearly the move paid off. Its the same thing with Belichick acquiring Dillon. I dont question your coaches greatness because he did play a HUGE part in your super bowl runs. I just think Shannahan has Belichicks number based on the fact the Pats only won one game out of the last 4. Either way this should be a great game.

*ROFLMAO* Who are you kidding? Belichick is a much better coach than Shanahan. At BEST, its even.
Shannahan won 3 of the last 4 meetings. The one he did lose was because he had a third string QB and we had the lead the majority of the game. Again not questioning Belichick greatness just the head to head.

Smith is good, but this is more EVEN than in Rod's favor.
Smith is better than you think, he may not be flashy but he will get the job done. Plus your secondary did not look great at times last night.

Why is this even? Cause you say so?
I dont know but the Broncos have trouble running the ball on 3-4 defenses for some odd reason.

All I can say is that Denver choked the last 2 years against the Colts and the Pats trashed the Colts each time. So, please. Make all the claims you want, but you are in for a helluva surprise.
I would differ on this. We did get our asses kicked and theres no excuse for it. This year we have a healthy team and we are ready for a run.

I have long liked Rod Smith--one of the few Broncos I can say that about...and I respect Champ and Ian Gold...and Mike Anderson...

And now I shall start game planning....thinking about steak tips and...hey...maybe even bourbon! :singing:

The bottom line here is this - Denver is the only team standing in our way to coming to Indy and eliminating the Colt's. Again. Enough said! :rocker:

Patsguy05 said:
The bottom line here is this - Denver is the only team standing in our way to coming to Indy and eliminating the Colt's. Again. Enough said! :rocker:
I think it can be said that whoever wins this game should win the Super Bowl. I just cant see Peyton Manning win!

24champbailey said:
I think it can be said that whoever wins this game should win the Super Bowl. I just cant see Peyton Manning win!

He's never won a big game in his life. Why should this year be any different. Kind of wish we had them coming off of their 2 week layoff. Oh well. It should'nt matter. Who better to spoil it for them again than us??

24champbailey said:
so whose injured for this game saturday? I want to know what your excuse will be when you lose. "We couldnt win because (enter players name)".

Hopefully we'll win and there will be no need to complete this sentence. But if there is, I disagree with the post that said we now have "noone" injured. Rodney Harrison is injured and that is huge. Matt Light is injured and that is important but not huge. Dan Koppen's injury is also important. Other players on I-R may not be huge but have had an impact on this season.

I'm not saying Pats fans will make excuses, but let's also not pretend you're getting us full strength.

24champbailey said:

OK Chump Bailey, I thought we played a poor game and still beat a 12 and 4 team 28 to 3. Congratulations on milking the Rod Smith - Duane Starks matchup enroute to 21 unanswered 2nd qtr points back in October. Fact - Duane Starks is not walking through that door but Samuel, Hobbs, Bruschi, and Seymour are walking through that door. Fact - Shanahan gets the most out of his players and they get off to great starts, but teams adjust (while except those coached by Marty Schittyhiemer)...... Belichick, the grandmaster, has his combinations set through February 5 of this year. No stone is left unturned. The foolhardy Bronco fans think the thin air will see them through to a rematch at Peyton's palace. The wise ones are not pleased the Patriots are coming back for the Step 1 of the great 2006 payback program.

24champbailey said:

Uhh, my sources indicate the final scoreee was 28-3. 'Course, to you Broncos fans, it probably seemed like 28-0. Indeed, it probably seemed like 88-0. It's the continued delusional posting that you're engaging in that gives it away.

This is Shanahan's biggest post-season game since the retirement of John Elway. If he doesn't win this, he may never get the Elway monkey off his back.

Hell, they may even ask Dan Reeves back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back