PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A blast from the past just for fun

Terrell Davis was unstoppable. Ed McCaffrey also barely wearing any shoulder pads

The Shanahan Broncos so owned this team. At least the Jags helped get us to the SB the year before.

I love that mid to late 90's to early 2000's era of the NFL. It was in the early stages of blossoming into the billion dollar machine it is now but still had a mom and pop feel to an extent. The stadiums looked like football stadiums. There were bleachers, local and individual sponsored billboards, teams wore different brands of jerseys, the players were allowed to hit and exhibit an ounce of personality without getting fined/flagged. Now every stadium needs to looks like a billion dollar spaceship designed by Frank Lloyd Wright, god forbid anyone advertise a product that the league didn't authorize, jerseys that Nike tries to make uglier with each iteration every 4 years, flags and reviews on every other play, and players getting fined if their socks are too low. Maybe I am just nostalgic because that is the era I grew up with but I could watch random Patriots games from the era forever.

What's the point of showing this? Aren't we all depressed enough as it is?

Yeah why a random one from 1997 and also the Broncos. What part is relevant to now ? Maybe show 2000 which was really the last rebuild year. Or 1994

Yeah why a random one from 1997 and also the Broncos. What part is relevant to now ? Maybe show 2000 which was really the last rebuild year. Or 1994
1994 was a playoff year. 1993 was the rebuild.

Loved those mnf intros and that era, remember being so hyped for that game and denver killed us like they always did.

That year could’ve been another deep run if martin were there at the end, definitely woulda beat pitt. Our defense was lights out by years end. but still tough seeing them beating denver even though we wouldve been hosting them this time.

1994 was a playoff year. 1993 was the rebuild.
Bledsoe in 1993: 49% completion, 2500 yards , 15 TD, 15 INT 65 passer rating.

If the Patriots decide that the heir to Brady is coming from the draft (or if for some reason they still think it's Stid) hopefully the team and fans will be patient cause it could get real ugly in the first year.

Bledsoe in 1993: 49% completion, 2500 yards , 15 TD, 15 INT 65 passer rating.

If the Patriots decide that the heir to Brady is coming from the draft (or if for some reason they still think it's Stid) hopefully the team and fans will be patient cause it could get real ugly in the first year.
Yep. We may be looking at a couple years of < .500 football.

Terry Glenn was maybe the 3rd most talented WR in Patriots history. Only competition I see for him is maybe Irving Fryar--or Julian Edelman.

Glenn was good, but Morgan, Fryar, Moss and Welker were all better. That puts him around 5 with Edelman and Brown.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Back