PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A 5th rounder believed for Gabriel

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOB. Al Davis has gone senile. Great trade for us.

Wow, Raiders fans are going absolutely apesh*t over on one of their forums.

This was absolute theft, apparently.

man i feel bad..we should of kept Beisel and given him aswell..make them feel good a little watching a guy get run over by a QB :)

PatsChick87 said:
Unbelieveable! Somehow, I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop!!
The other shoe is the Seahags coming back and saying, "you just spent a fifth round pick on the Raider's #2 reciever behind Randy Moss?!?! No way we give you a first round pick for Branch." :)

If this is true, it is a great, great move.

Pats are one step ahead of the rest of the league, I think.

Looks like NEM was right, something was going to happen last night/today.

Okay, can I call it a steal now? At worst, you get a decent NFL-caliber receiver for a second day draft pick and you are going to have a ton of second day draft picks next year. In the meantime, you have upgraded one of the only weaknesses on your team. If that's not stealing, I don't know what is. If you don't believe me, call up Bill Polian and ask him what he thinks of the trade. I'm sure he's doing back flips over it.

Living in the Bay Area, I got to see Gabriel a lot. I am totally shocked by this, unless he fails his physical and has some sort of injury, this is a complete and utter steal. He has played very well in the preseason. He's big, physical, and has decent speed. Please God, let him pass his physical. I wanted Porter for Deion, now we got the next best thing, practically for free. Can't wait to see a healthy Jackson lined up with Gabriel and Childress. Not to mention 4 talented TE's. WOW !!!!

I'm Ron Borges? said:
Okay, can I call it a steal now? At worst, you get a decent NFL-caliber receiver for a second day draft pick and you are going to have a ton of second day draft picks next year. In the meantime, you have upgraded one of the only weaknesses on your team. If that's not stealing, I don't know what is. If you don't believe me, call up Bill Polian and ask him what he thinks of the trade. I'm sure he's doing back flips over it.

What does Bill Polian have to do with anything?

this doesn't make sense....no way we get a first for branch if gabriel's worth a fifth....surely oakland talked to seattle, who have been all over the news about their interest in branch.

i'm not buying it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing