A 5th rounder believed for Gabriel

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsRI

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
http://www.patriots.com/news/index.cfm?ac=latestnewsdetail&pid=20875&pcid=41
an effort to bolster a wide receiving corps that is in turmoil with the Deion Branch situation, as well as the slow start by rookie Chad Jackosn, the Patriots acquired wide receiver Doug Gabriel from the Oakland Raiders on Saturday. The Patriots have confirmed the deal, which was first reported in the Oakland Tribune but the initial report did not indicate what the Patriots gave up in the trade. However, it is believed New England sent a fifth-round pick to Oakland in return.
------
If true all I have to say is AHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHH.

Real nice.

you've got to be kidding me.

I don't understand why the Raiders would ever trade him for a 5th.

Keegs said:
you've got to be kidding me.

I don't understand why the Raiders would ever trade him for a 5th.

Al Davis has finally reached a state of senility? That is the only thing I can figure, if this is true.

lol someone said something on Raider boards before saying : Davis usually robs people in trades so i cant wait to see this

now..a 5th rounder..NICE for us

we should be arrested for robbery

if that is true we ripped them off so bad. any raider fan reaction to that one?

Gotta love it :)

**** getting robbed, we got robbed and murdered.... sighhh and news coming out Oakland that we cut two really good players in Clark and Johnstone.... what a horrible day... anyone got spare JD for me to sip on ?

Al: I want a third or no Gabriel for you!
SP: A fifth and we'll say that the tuck thing never happened.
Al: You have yourself a deal!

It is a steal. I don't understand how Davis trades a starter for a fifth..........you know, he didn't look all that healthy during that Hall of Fame Induction.

AndroidRaider24 said:
**** getting robbed, we got robbed and murdered.... sighhh and news coming out Oakland that we cut two really good players in Clark and Johnstone.... what a horrible day... anyone got spare JD for me to sip on ?

Sorry, afraid I drank it all last night (and boy am I paying for it)... still, you can always suckle on the sweet, sweet nectar of Patriots fandom in the new millenium, if you're willing to renounce the dark ways of Raider Nation. :D

Unbelieveable! Somehow, I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop!!

If true, an incredible steal.

Are we really that suprised? This is the same guy who drafted a kicker in the first round.

Bwahahaha.

See ya Deion. Still think you're a good guy, but your agent ruined things for you in New England. Good luck never going to another super bowl again.

So we basically gave up nothing for Gabriel, a cheap player with good work ethic and good hands. Once we trade Branch, we'll have two #1 picks next year, and 10+ picks in the 2007 draft.

Nice.

Last edited:
Patriots just had their cake and ATE IT TOO!

zippo59 said:
Are we really that suprised? This is the same guy who drafted a kicker in the first round.

I'm getting this image in my head of BB and Pioli sitting somewhere in the bowels of Gillette, smoking cubans and tossing darts at a picture of Al Davis, laughing all the while.

A 5th? Holy crap....

This is unbelievable if true. I think the trade with Seattle will go through soon, hopefully we get their #1 pick.

So we lose a 5th rounder and Deion.

We pick up a first rounder, Gabriel and still have plenty of space under the cap to sign whoever we want.

I was wondering what our plan was the last few days. Seems like a great one.

maverick4 said:
Once we trade Branch, we'll have two #1 picks next year, and 10+ picks in the 2007 draft.

Presumably the Pats already have at least 11 picks (the 7 standard ones, +4 comps, +1 for Cobbs, -1 for Gabriel), plus whatever they might get for Branch. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes