PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

9 years ago today...

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a bust he was. Horrible hire by the always incompetent Robert Kraft. :disagreement:

Dungee is the only other coach with a similar resume in the past nine years, not as good as Belichick's, but certainly similar. Dungee's is a bit more consistent, but he has won fewer Super Bowls.

What?
Dungy is not even close and certainly not consistent - since 2001 Dungy is 7-7 in the playoffs. 4 of those wins came in 2006 when the Colts won the Super Bowl. Of the 7 losses, 5 or 6 came in the Colts first playoff game (wild card or divisional)

'Bill Belichick was hired by Chairman and CEO Robert Kraft on Jan. 27, 2000 and is in his ninth season as Patriots head coach in 2008. In his first eight seasons in New England, Belichick has delivered three Super Bowl championships, four conference titles, six division crowns and 14 playoff victories, while posting an overall record of 105-40. Belichick directed the Patriots to victories in Super Bowls XXXVI (2001), XXXVIII (2003) and XXXIX (2004), and claimed the 2007 AFC Championship. New England's 14 playoff victories in the 2000s are tied for the highest total in any decade in NFL history.'

Happy Anniversary! :D

Just another reminder that there is absolutely no question as to who the team of the decade is. Add in the fact that he had 2 streaks of (at least) +20 reg. season games this decade, and there just is no argument. The man is one of my idols, and should receive the week 2 SD (last yr) treatment every single game. Easily the greatest thing that ever happened to New Eng. football, even with the Kraft's accomplishments.

I still laugh today when I think that after the Chief's game people wanted to say that Brady had "made" BB and now "we'll see if he can really coach". Wow. Crack must be much more popular than I had been lead to believe.

The best decision this organization ever made, with Brady being a close second.

I hope the man is coaching here for a long long time. Something about BB I love that few seem to note over the years is how in all his SB acceptance speeches he ALWAYS makes a point to give full credit to the players, that they are the ones on the field making the plays. And when the team is failing he makes a point to at some instance mention the coaching. I've never heard him bash a player in the media one time the way I've seen other coaches and players do. LT said 'they get it from their coach' and he couldn't be more right, the Patriots DO get it from their coach, he just doesn't know what IT is - the reason we have been and will continue to be the class of the NFL as long as BB is here.

'Bill Belichick was hired by Chairman and CEO Robert Kraft on Jan. 27, 2000 and is in his ninth season as Patriots head coach in 2008. In his first eight seasons in New England, Belichick has delivered three Super Bowl championships, four conference titles, six division crowns and 14 playoff victories, while posting an overall record of 105-40. Belichick directed the Patriots to victories in Super Bowls XXXVI (2001), XXXVIII (2003) and XXXIX (2004), and claimed the 2007 AFC Championship. New England's 14 playoff victories in the 2000s are tied for the highest total in any decade in NFL history.'

Happy Anniversary! :D

and don't forget....Led the team to the FIRST 16-0 UNDEFEATED regular season.....and the FIRST TEAM EVER to GO 18-0 in the history of the league....and eclipsing the DOOFINS prior record......

Dungy coached the colts for 7 years. In that time, the patriots won one more regular season game than the colts. The colts NEVER missed the playoffs. In fact, Dungy's personal HC streak is 10 years in the playoffs. Belichick missed the playoffs twice in that seven-year period, three times in the decade.

I strongly agree that the patriots are the best of the decade. I strongly disagree that Dungy and the colts are inconsistent.

What?
Dungy is not even close and certainly not consistent - since 2001 Dungy is 7-7 in the playoffs. 4 of those wins came in 2006 when the Colts won the Super Bowl. Of the 7 losses, 5 or 6 came in the Colts first playoff game (wild card or divisional)

Dungy coached the colts for 7 years. In that time, the patriots won one more regular season game than the colts. The colts NEVER missed the playoffs. In fact, Dungy's personal HC streak is 10 years in the playoffs. Belichick missed the playoffs twice in that seven-year period, three times in the decade.

I strongly agree that the patriots are the best of the decade. I strongly disagree that Dungy and the colts are inconsistent.

Well, they are consistent in the regular season and just plain unreliable in the playoffs.

I think the playoffs determines the better coach.

Dungee is the only other coach with a similar resume in the past nine years, not as good as Belichick's, but certainly similar. Dungee's is a bit more consistent, but he has won fewer Super Bowls.

Dungy's been consistent... in the regular season. In the playoffs he has a losing record all-time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back