PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

6 players suspended for roid use...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: OT: 6 players suspended for roid use..

What's even funnier is that all these *******s on the ESPN forum like this guy...

Shame on the NFL for suspending these guys. Did the NFL even do any research on StarCaps. The banned substance is not listed at all. How can you punish players for taking a banned substance if the banned substance ISN'T LABELED. The league really needs to check itself for next year. Horrible officiating around the board, terrible fines for legal hits (all in the sake of player safety...my butt), and suspensions to players who don't deserve it.

...but probably came down hard on the Pats for Spygate. :rolleyes:

seems like the nfl shouldn't have suspended them

how you going to tell your players it's ok to take it, then suspend them when it's revealed it was tainted

it wasn't on the nfl's banned list

Falcons play 2 of these teams down the stretch-Saints and Vikings.

Panthers play the Saints in the last week of the season.

And not to mention too Minny's NFCN rival, Chicago, has a CAKE schedule in this final sprint.

Yah-this could impact the NFC playoff picture in a BIG way.

Yeah I don't even understand why these guys are getting suspended after players were told it was ok to take. There's got to be more to this.

Why do punters and long snappers even bother shooting up 'roids?:rolleyes:

I like how roids is in the title and how it is perceived as a "steroid policy" offence.

The drug at issue is a diuretic, it takes water out of your system to help you lose weight, make weight, etc. It does not make you bigger and stronger.

The Goodell reign of terror must stop.

I like how roids is in the title and how it is perceived as a "steroid policy" offence.

The drug at issue is a diuretic, it takes water out of your system to help you lose weight, make weight, etc. It does not make you bigger and stronger.

The Goodell reign of terror must stop.
How ridiculous is that...It's OK and then not...that is poor...

Re: OT: 6 players suspended for roid use...

This is a big blow for the Vikings since the defense relies heavily on the Williams on the run defense. Hopefully there can be an appeal or something that can best case scenario at least delay/reduce/remove the suspension. But yeah thanks Goodell for giving the NFC North to the Bears... gggrrrrrr.......

What it does do, though, is that it can mask the presence of banned substances in the urine--and that's why it's banned.

I'm not saying I agree with that logic, but that is the logic behind it.

What it does do, though, is that it can mask the presence of banned substances in the urine--and that's why it's banned.

I'm not saying I agree with that logic, but that is the logic behind it.
the problem was it wasn't banned when the players were allowed by the nfl to take it lol

the problem was it wasn't banned when the players were allowed by the nfl to take it lol

This is not true according to the NFL. According to ESPN

The NFL also said it sent two notifications about StarCaps on Dec. 19, 2006 -- one to NFL club presidents, general managers and head athletic trainers and the second to NFLPA executive Stacy Robinson, who oversees the steroid policy for the union. That letter, according to the league, advised that StarCaps had been added to the list of prohibited dietary supplement companies.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey