Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

6 games left. How many more wins for your 2023 Patriots?

Votes: 22 26.2%

Votes: 39 46.4%

Votes: 17 20.2%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 10. I BELIEVE IN THE 6 TIME WORLD CHAMPS

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Mac Jones and Jordan Richards both suck

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • Only remaining win this season is the day Mac Jones is released

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Highest paid in a FA class =/= “exceptional”. You used that label but you haven’t shown why they deserve it.

They’re not even the best TE’s in the division so how can they be exceptional.
You must live in some alternate universe where the best players don't get paid the most.... odd.

You must live in some alternate universe where the best players don't get paid the most.... odd.
Brady didn’t get paid the most so… I guess he wasn’t the best QB. Ok.

Brady didn’t get paid the most so… I guess he wasn’t the best QB. Ok.
From 2005-2013 Tom Brady was among the highest paid players in the league.

He took less money starting around 2014... chose to

This is why you're a ridiculous person.

You can't even admit free agency rewards players, and typically rewards better players more... simply because you don't want to say Hunter Henry is good.

From 2005-2013 Tom Brady was among the highest paid players in the league.

He took less money starting around 2014... chose to

This is why you're a ridiculous person.

You can't even admit free agency rewards players, and typically rewards better players more... simply because you don't want to say Hunter Henry is good.
The point is you’re paid big money because the market made it that way. It’s not a reflection of your talent or ability. Do you think Daniel Jones is one of the best QBs in the league? His contract implies that he is. so…

Henry and Gesicke are a lot closer to JAGs than exceptional TE’s. Or at least what I call exceptional…

The point is you’re paid big money because the market made it that way. It’s not a reflection of your talent or ability. Do you think Daniel Jones is one of the best QBs in the league? His contract implies that he is. so…

Henry and Gesicke are a lot closer to JAGs than exceptional TE’s. Or at least what I call exceptional…
giphy.gif

Nope but it seems I have much higher standards for that label. There is no chance I would use that label on either of them. Gronk was exceptional. Those guys? No. Finding another Hunter Henry shouldn’t be that hard. Like I said not even the best TE in the division….

Do you think Daniel Jones is one of the best QBs in the league? His contract implies that he is. so…
Also Daniel Jones is tenth or worse in value of starting NFL QB's.

He's not paid like the best QB's in the NFL. He's paid in the middle.

Nope but it seems I have much higher standards for that label. There is no chance I would use that label on either of them. Gronk was exceptional. Those guys? No. Finding another Hunter Henry shouldn’t be that hard. Like I said not even the best TE in the division….
Gronk is the argument for greatest TE in history, there are exceptional TE's playing now... we don't have to use the greatest ever in comparison. But you're silly...

Gronk is the argument for greatest TE in history, there are exceptional TE's playing now... we don't have to use the greatest ever in comparison. But you're silly...
So I have much higher standards for the exceptional label. Just like I said.

Our two TE’s aren’t even in the 15 best in the league.

A new QB won’t do a thing without a better offense around him.

Also Daniel Jones is tenth or worse in value of starting NFL QB's.

He's not paid like the best QB's in the NFL. He's paid in the middle.
Jones makes about 90% annually of what Mahomes is paid. So Im supposed to think he is 90% as good?

So I have much higher standards for the exceptional label. Just like I said.

Our two TE’s aren’t even in the 15 best in the league.

A new QB won’t do a thing without a better offense around him.
Like I said... Henry led the NFL in TD's by a TE and was the highest paid free agent TE in 2021 already... but he's no good.

Let's see who gets paid in 2024.

Silly...

Like I said... Henry led the NFL in TD's by a TE and was the highest paid free agent TE in 2021 already... but he's no good.

Let's see who gets paid in 2024.

Silly...
Not even the best in the division. Never said he sucks. But he isn’t exceptional, not even close.

Jones makes about 90% annually of what Mahomes is paid. So Im supposed to think he is 90% as good?
You're getting your numbers from Disneyland apparently.

You're getting your numbers from Disneyland apparently.

You must have missed the column that showed Jones making $40m/yr and Mahomes $45M. That’s 90% therefore Jones is 90% as good I guess.

You must have missed the column that showed Jones making $40m/yr and Mahomes $45M. That’s 90% therefore Jones is 90% as good I guess.
A one year snapshot is not how contracts work.

Daniel Jones is 14th in practical guaranteed dollars on his deal, 10th in AAV.

Mahomes is set up for life, Daniel Jones has a two year deal... but sure... they're the same.

A one year snapshot is not how contracts work.

Daniel Jones is 14th in practical guaranteed dollars on his deal, 10th in AAV.

Mahomes is set up for life, Daniel Jones has a two year deal... but sure... they're the same.
You told me pay indicates how good they are. I never said that. I said the market does.
Is Daniel Jones the 10th best QB in the league?

Yes Henry will probably get paid. That doesn’t make him a top 15 TE in the league never mind “exceptional”

You told me pay indicates how good they are. I never said that. I said the market does.

Yes Henry will probably get paid. That doesn’t make him a top 15 TE in the league never mind “exceptional”
If you don't think better players generally get paid better, you're brain is a pot roast.

I was wrong to think you understood how numbers work... or value.

I was wrong to think you understood how numbers work... or value.
So you do think Jones is the 10th best QB in the league from his value. Ok. I disagree but you’re entitled to your opinion.

If you don't think better players generally get paid better, you're brain is a pot roast.

“Exceptional” lolol

So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back