Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

6 games left. How many more wins for your 2023 Patriots?

Votes: 22 26.2%

Votes: 39 46.4%

Votes: 17 20.2%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 10. I BELIEVE IN THE 6 TIME WORLD CHAMPS

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Mac Jones and Jordan Richards both suck

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • Only remaining win this season is the day Mac Jones is released

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Zappe's arm is weaker than Mac's IMO. Zappe plays with more confidence and the team responds to him. He also has much better pocket presence and throws with some anticipation. He is able to actually move the offense. The Chargers are not a very good and also tend to shoot themselves in the foot like we do. I think Zappe gives us a chance at being competitive and ultimately winning.

yup, he confidently makes even worse throws than Mac......

Excited Hands Up GIF by SHOWTIME Sports

Isn't there a rule?

Arguments can be made for other teams' offenses being worse than New England -- Giants, Panthers, Jete, etc. The Pats are 26th overall in yards gained, for example. If you want to go only by points scored, the Pats might be last overall BUT have scored more offensive touchdowns than the Giants, Jete and Carolina. Pretty bad, yes. The worst, maybe not.
Any port in the storm is our only option because it's wait 'till next year time. Luckily this is football and things can change in a hurry.

Who starts?

Mac gives you the best chance to get the #1 overall pick... play Mac.

Zappe or Grier will accidentally win you some games.
The term Mac Attack has taken on a whole new look. He really does look lost. How could the Pats not know how fragile he was?

I really do hate the thought of tanking (thank God that no player would ever play at less than 100%) and one of the joys that I can still have in this lost season is knowing that there are so many NYFL fans who won't like it if they win any more games.

I'll be partying hearty if they win because I know that it isn't nearly as important what pick you have as much as who's making the picks. That's one of the things that the NYFL has taught me over the years.

The term Mac Attack has taken on a whole new look. He really does look lost. How could the Pats not know how fragile he was?

I really do hate the thought of tanking (thank God that no player would ever play at less than 100%) and one of the joys that I can still have in this lost season is knowing that there are so many NYFL fans who won't like it if they win any more games.

I'll be partying hearty if they win because I know that it isn't nearly as important what pick you have as much as who's making the picks. That's one of the things that the NYFL has taught me over the years.
Well, the way you break a young QB is give him 3 OC's in three years (including one who had never coached offense), give him no Oline and no one to throw to.

Nah… go look at the free agent class for 2024:

The best TE available is Hunter Henry, the second best is Mike Gesicki. The best linemen at their available positions find Patriots mixed in there.

Go ask some GM or fans of other teams, they’d love to add these players.
The players that the Pats let go are way better than any they've picked up.

Probably 0, tbh.

I chose the I BELIEVE... option

I wanted to choose the Mac Jones sucks option, but some other guy was mentioned, and eh, it blunted the impact of the choice.

and, just as an aside...
pcUK54M.jpg
Fair point. Jordan Richards does suck but it's not his fault Bill took him 6 rounds too soon and put him in position to fail in the Super Bowl. Mac is a first round bust and looks like he's now out of his league. I can't remove or edit that choice so I added a new one.

depends on where we're drafting. I'd say we beat the jets, but only if it doesn't hurt our draft position.

Let's run it down:

Chargers - I am afraid that this is a potential win. Zappe is getting all the reps and the Chargers D is really really bad....plus Staley is on the hot seat and might make some ill advised 4th down decisions. I say a L....just BARELY.

@Steelers - Good news... T.J. Watt should be able to wreak havoc on our offense. Bad news, the Steeler offense is stuck in mud also...although they have an new OC who moved the ball for 400+ yards last week. So, I say...a L.

Chiefs - If the Chiefs don't have dumb drops...they roll easily. Their D will be able to shut down our offense. Just hoping our defense doesn't have any pick sixes. I say a L.

@Broncos - The Broncos are playing a lot better now. The game is in Denver. But Russ Wilson is still very shaky....hoping for a L here. I say a L, but a close one.

@Bills - The Bills will be desperate to make the playoffs. They must still be pissed about our win waaayy back in week 7. As long as Josh Allen doesn't F this up...I say this is a L.

Jets - Please god...I hope the Jets win enough to get back to .500 thus enabling Rodgers to try to play.... and this is a good season to let the Jets snap our winning streak against them too. Even if no Rodgers, the Jets D is legit and should shut us down...this could be a "back breaking" W....hope not!

I say 1-5....for a final record of 3-14.

Let's run it down:

Chargers - I am afraid that this is a potential win. Zappe is getting all the reps and the Chargers D is really really bad....plus Staley is on the hot seat and might make some ill advised 4th down decisions. I say a L....just BARELY.
Zappe's 2 yard passes behind the LOS might work for a short time but they can't outscore any team with that trash. Chargers easy IMO.
@Steelers - Good news... T.J. Watt should be able to wreak havoc on our offense. Bad news, the Steeler offense is stuck in mud also...although they have an new OC who moved the ball for 400+ yards last week. So, I say...a L.
Agreed. Close loss.
Chiefs - If the Chiefs don't have dumb drops...they roll easily. Their D will be able to shut down our offense. Just hoping our defense doesn't have any pick sixes. I say a L.
Pats are beating Kermit and the Chiefs. This game is circled. We all know we had a yearly WTF loss this will be theirs. Fans tear down the goalposts after this one. Lol
@Broncos - The Broncos are playing a lot better now. The game is in Denver. But Russ Wilson is still very shaky....hoping for a L here. I say a L, but a close one.
Yep Payton has them playing well and we all know how games in Denver tend to go.
@Bills - The Bills will be desperate to make the playoffs. They must still be pissed about our win waaayy back in week 7. As long as Josh Allen doesn't F this up...I say this is a L.
Bills in an absolute rout. It will be ugly.
Jets - Please god...I hope the Jets win enough to get back to .500 thus enabling Rodgers to try to play.... and this is a good season to let the Jets snap our winning streak against them too. Even if no Rodgers, the Jets D is legit and should shut us down...this could be a "back breaking" W....hope not!
Loss. Jets are due for one over us and in a lost season why not. Guessing the Pats are aware of their draft situation and will probably go through the motions in this one kind of like what the Jets did in the 2020 finale.

Zappe's 2 yard passes behind the LOS might work for a short time but they can't outscore any team with that trash. Chargers easy IMO.

Agreed. Close loss.

Pats are beating Kermit and the Chiefs. This game is circled. We all know we had a yearly WTF loss this will be theirs. Fans tear down the goalposts after this one. Lol

Yep Payton has them playing well and we all know how games in Denver tend to go.

Bills in an absolute rout. It will be ugly.

Loss. Jets are due for one over us and in a lost season why not. Guessing the Pats are aware of their draft situation and will probably go through the motions in this one kind of like what the Jets did in the 2020 finale.

I could get behind a Queens upset....

Well, the way you break a young QB is give him 3 OC's in three years (including one who had never coached offense), give him no Oline and no one to throw to.
He has been in the league 3 years, if he falls apart that easy becuase of some change he will not be able to play in this league. You ever notice that good QB's do not go through a lot of OC's? Guess why? Because they are not firing them all the time.

Brother I keep seeing you make a similar point and I don't get it. They may or may not be the definitive worst. They still have a very strong case for being the worst. It's like arguing which gap toothed port side broad with a deadly std has more warts. The answer is the difference is irrelevant.

Chalk it up to me splitting hairs and being anal, fair enough. But there is no objective measure by which New England's offense is worse than the Jete. Theirs is historically bad.

I love this headline. They were searching for a new identity and found it -- the Fail Mary.

Chalk it up to me splitting hairs and being anal, fair enough. But there is no objective measure by which New England's offense is worse than the Jete. Theirs is historically bad.

I love this headline. They were searching for a new identity and found it -- the Fail Mary.

Seems appropriate the Jets found a discount Zach Wilson on Black Friday...

He has been in the league 3 years, if he falls apart that easy becuase of some change he will not be able to play in this league. You ever notice that good QB's do not go through a lot of OC's? Guess why? Because they are not firing them all the time.

Well...year 1 McDaniels bolts for a HC job...not Mac's poor play.

Year 2...yeah...okay...BB entrusting the job to Patricia/Judge didn't work out BUT the offense was actually better last year than it is this year with a competent OC.

Year 3.......BB went out and got a competent OC. O'Brien didn't have problems scoring points with Brady and Watson...not even with Young at Alabama.

Yeah...it might be all on Mac, but the kid completely regressed this year...last year not so much...he started out so-so...got hurt...came back too early...got benched...then came back and did better down the stretch....had a good camp...then completely regressed this year.

Are we still calling those guys "exceptional"?
I already asked the question. Here's the list of URFA's at the TE position in 2024.

Tell us... who will be highest paid?

If it's not Dalton Schultz it's going to be Hunter Henry. But according to fans like you he's a "bad weapon."

In 2021, when Mac didn't suck as bad, Hunter Henry led the entire NFL in TD's by a TE.

Bad weapon... sure buddy. I'd take him and Gesicki back here next season in a heartbeat.... with a new QB.

I already asked the question. Here's the list of URFA's at the TE position in 2024.

Tell us... who will be highest paid?

If it's not Dalton Schultz it's going to be Hunter Henry. But according to fans like you he's a "bad weapon."

In 2021, when Mac didn't suck as bad, Hunter Henry led the entire NFL in TD's by a TE.

Bad weapon... sure buddy. I'd take him and Gesicki back here next season in a heartbeat.... with a new QB.

Highest paid in a FA class =/= “exceptional”. You used that label but you haven’t shown why they deserve it.

They’re not even the best TE’s in the division so how can they be exceptional.

MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back