5 Things We Learned From the Patriots Win Over the Chiefs

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score

Ian Logue

While the world was waiting for Tom Brady and the Patriots to falter against Patrick Mahomes and the high-flying undefeated Kansas City Chiefs, they ended up coming away disappointed after an incredible 43-40 by Brady and the Patriots at Gillette Stadium.

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)

I disagree with regard to Gostkowski being an unsung hero. If he had kicked all his kickoffs out of the end zone, the game wouldn't have been anywhere near as close.

Make no mistake, I am NOT suggesting that Gost isn't great and shouldn't be extended for big bucks. But for this game, for me, I didn't understand this deficiency (or strategy).

Ian Logue

While the world was waiting for Tom Brady and the Patriots to falter against Patrick Mahomes and the high-flying undefeated Kansas City Chiefs, they ended up coming away disappointed after an incredible 43-40 by Brady and the Patriots at Gillette Stadium.

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)

I disagree with regard to Gostkowski being an unsung hero. If he had kicked all his kickoffs out of the end zone, the game wouldn't have been anywhere near as close.

Make no mistake, I am NOT suggesting that Gost isn't great and shouldn't be extended for big bucks. But for this game, for me, I didn't understand this deficiency (or strategy).
I think they wanted the Chiefs to run it out, you don’t do a squib kick and two short kicks consecutively and then all of a sudden start kicking it out when you get burned on a long return by accident. They wanted to pin them

It’s just a fact that when something works you keep doing it and there come days where it doesn’t.
It’s not something to not understand, because it is easily understandable.
The patriots have benefited a ton by forcing returns. If you exoect it to work 100% of the time I dont know what to tell you but that’s not reality.

Btw I think the pooch kick was mishit and was designed to be fielded inside the 20
or 15.

1. This
2. Defense
3. Sucks
4. Ass
5. Cheeks

Joking :D:D

They’ll be better down the road. Very impressive 1st half, even though Mahomes missed a couple potential TDs. Second half left a lot to be desired. As usual, IBBWT.

It’s just a fact that when something works you keep doing it and there come days where it doesn’t.
It’s not something to not understand, because it is easily understandable.
The patriots have benefited a ton by forcing returns. If you exoect it to work 100% of the time I dont know what to tell you but that’s not reality.

Btw I think the pooch kick was mishit and was designed to be fielded inside the 20
or 15.

But how is the play call Gostkowski's fault?

But how is the play call Gostkowski's fault?
It’s not.
I think the short kick was his fault because he kicked it wrong.

1) Michel Establishing Himself as a solid NFL Back – It’s amazing how many people were ready to crucify Sony Michel during his first couple of games, but it’s clear that the Patriots found themselves a gem when they selected him in the first round of the draft earlier in the offseason.

Michel ran well all night as he piled up 106-yards on the ground and accounted for 9 of the team’s 15 rushing first downs, including two touchdowns.

Just like I coach em' !

It’s not.
I think the short kick was his fault because he kicked it wrong.

Yeah, I can't imagine he executed that the way they intended.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes