PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

#33 wants to remain a NEP

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's easy to say keep Maroney ... for the financial reasons already laid out.

The problem I see there is that if we remain mostly a passing team he has 1 more offseason to learn to pass block. You can't be an everyday RB in this system if you can't block. So when Maroney is in the opponent knows we're going to run. With Faulk ... he's small but a great blocker so there's no tip off - one of the reasons he also has more room to run.

Faulk was not a good blocker when he first came here. I'd like to think with some effort Maroney will spend the time to get better technique. I also mentioned Corey Dillon yesterday ... a great blocker ... one of the reasons we won the Super Bowl with him. Our top backs in 2001-2003-2004 were decent blockers - Smith, Patrick Pass, Marc Edwards & Corey Dillon. Belichick can't accept anything less than Maroney learns to block or he's gone.

Last edited:
Great news! I love this guy. Not only was he going nuts on the sideline, he was going ballistic in the huddle at the beginning of one of the late 1st half(? not sure, 1st half a tad hazy) drives during the tv timeout. Seemed to me he was quite distraught over the effort/demeanor of his teammates. That interview would seem to support this. In any case, if he is not back next year I may have to go and pull a Taliban at Kraft's silly little Mall...

Re: # 33 wants to remain a NEP

*adds, buy Faulk Jersey to to-do list*

Faulk seemed pretty convinced that he would stay a Patriot on NESN Sportsdesk this morning.

I wont say i'd be happy by it, but if we cut Taylor, that would be no problem at all for me.

Allow Morris to go back to a Running Back. Split his time with Maroney and use Green-Ellis to spell him.

Get a bad-ass Blocking Full Back in the draft and then we'd have a 3rd and 1 guy.

Although I like the plan I just said, I would like either Spiller (sounds intelligent) or Gerhart (beast) as we need to run the ball one way or another.

Funny, I was just thinking about Faulk today, and how long he will be able to keep up his amazing skills - hopefully as long as Seau (unlikely but we can hope). I'd take even a half-tank Kevin any day - so much heart, determination, never complains. If you need 3 yards he gets 4, if you need 6 yards, he gets 7. Great player.

Good to hear that he wants to stay. Not sure I can think of one reason why the front office shouldn't want him to stay as well. He's still effective on the field and is a natural leader (which we'll need). Faulk should retire a Patriot.

When does our new FB arrive?

i doubt faulk staying has anything to do with maroney despite is fumbling issues and being in the doghouse the last couple games

his play saw a dramatic increase and we saw alot of the maroney haters switching sides

faulk is a leader on offense and a true pro plus he is very versatile which we all know BB likes players who can do alot of things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes