PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

30th Anniversary year of my fandom and…

This Pats nuclear winter is nothing compared to the pre Brady years of futility.

Give BB a decent QB and the Pats will not only win, but possibly shock the world. Because the BB method is the Parcells method and it still works.

So you never saw Clayton Weishuhn’s greatness. Greenhorn.

Here is someone else whose whole perspective is after Bledsoe and then Kraft arrived.

It can get lots, lots worse. This is the first year that we haven't been competing for the playoffs in a very, very long time.
=====================
I suggest going to wiki and looking at their review of New England Patriots. Focus on pre-Kraft ppatriots.

Of course, if you think that things can't get worse, consider the jets for their ENTIRE history.
Dude, we’re literally worse than any Jets team I can recall off the top of my head in the last 25 years. It would be extremely hard to go anywhere but up from here.

Became a true fan in 1991, though I had memories of the up and down years of the 80s. So, I've seen worse, including when the team almost left (which was the lowest point for me). Like some here, most of my fanhood has been during the happiness, so this is kinda ****ty, but I dunno...it's still cool that I can go back and watch the good times.

And now, being stuck in 1pm timeslot, with the product being what it is, has merged nicely with my trend toward day drinking.

This Pats nuclear winter is nothing compared to the pre Brady years of futility.

Give BB a decent QB and the Pats will not only win, but possibly shock the world. Because the BB method is the Parcells method and it still works.
Parcells was far more aggressive on offense and defense than Belichick, 100%.

We are pretty much identical timeline wise 93 is when I started following.

This year is feeling like the 95 and 00 seasons to me. It definitely feels terrible but who woulda thought those teams would wind up in the sb the following year. If we finish bad enough we could be looking at a top 5 pick and our 2nd rounder is practically another first rounder. That plus judon /Gonzalez and whoever we can bring in with all our cap space. Not saying that team can make the sb as well but it should look alot different than this team.

I became a fan in 1993.

I was almost 13 when Bledsoe was drafted.

From that moment on, there was always something to be hopeful and excited about

The Parcells years brought C Martin, Glenn, Law, etc and tgey were building.

Pete Carroll wasn’t as awful as folks want to remember.

Bill brought excitement and championships

It’s astonishing that in 30 years, I never really felt like there was no hope in sight for the team to be competitive.

I feel that now.

Bad football team, devoid of talent, coaching staff that seems to have lost it’s touch, no franchise QB or really even an obvious pro bowl player to point to.

I think we are in for a few years of suck…the hope being that a new HC can turn it around.

It helps to remember that few fans can boast of what you've enjoyed the last 30 years (which is how long I've been a season ticket holder). In other words, New England has defied the league-instituted cyclical nature of NFL teams for most of the last three decades. That's pretty amazing. What we're enduring this season was more or less inevitable and I've a hunch it won't last long.

It helps to remember that few fans can boast of what you've enjoyed the last 30 years (which is how long I've been a season ticket holder). In other words, New England has defied the league-instituted cyclical nature of NFL teams for most of the last three decades. That's pretty amazing. What we're enduring this season wa
I agree.

We could do as little as sign a Minschew or similar QB, re-sign our free agents and sign a top LT.

We have been competitive for the playoffs. We would be again.

DEFENSE
Sure, we could use a better free safety option. But, just re-signing the free agents and having the injured back would make us top 10 or even top 5 defense.

SPECIAL TEAMS
Get a new coach.

OFFENSE
In addition to the 1st round LT, we need a swing OT, and to take another shot at WR. That isn't much to ask.
=========
As far going deep into the playoffs, that is almost totally dependent on the QB or a lot of luck. There are 8 good QB';s in the AFC., including superstars in KC, BUF, and BAL. That is really hard to beat.

We can only wish that we were in the NFC.

Dude, we’re literally worse than any Jets team I can recall off the top of my head in the last 25 years. It would be extremely hard to go anywhere but up from here.

As bad as the Patriots offense is (21st in yards from scrimmage), it's better than the Jete offense (32nd). They live off an elite defense. But no way is this Pats team worse than the Gase teams, most of the Bowles teams or Bim's 2021 team.

Last edited:
Hate that song. I’ve always found it one 9f Bruce Springsteen’s most depressing.
If it cheers you up any, back then I misheard the lyric and wondered why the hell Bruce was singing about trying to recapture Harvey Comics characters :haha:

Screenshot_20231111_154525_Chrome.jpg

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back