PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

#3 seed in site but who wants it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
3rd seed...WRONG!!!! Unless they have changed things...The Patriots would NOT play the Colts the 2nd week...Colts first...Broncos second..Pats third Bengals fourth. The Pats would go to Denver first, Cinci to Indy......The first always plays the weakest of the four... So if by some chance the Bengals win, AFC Championship would be here...

Last edited:
hmmmm....

PatsRI said:
With Buffalo beating Cincy today the #3 is very possible. The Bengals go to KC next week and could very well lose and if the Pats win out they get the #3. Both would be 11-5 but the conference records would be 8-4 and 7-5. Jax remains #5 with it's win over Hou. Would you rather play Jax or Pit? My vote goes to Jax. so I'd rather have the #4 seed.
patsri, i tend to agree with your thinking but...
the football gods have smiled on us for nigh 5 years now.
we've been pretty humble all that time, willing to accept pretty much anything when compared against 30 (40 minus parcells, fairbanks, berry) years of despair.
IMHO we are playing with fire to get into this "who we want" stuff.
we'll take who we get. whoever the football gods want to line up in front of this team will be just fine. if they're there, it's because the spirits want them there.
i've got my voodoo doll out, and i'm ready to do my number on whoever gets the unenviable assignment of coming to foxboro and beating the SB champion patriots in our own house. (wild laughter) hahahahah.

kptmorgan04 said:
I want the #4 for two reasons. first I want to play jax in the first game and not Pitt (who is coming on strong like the Pats). secondly it is more foreseeable if the pats are the #4 and win the first game they will play the colts in the next game, which I would rather do than in the AFC Championship game where the colts would have a playoff game to knock the rust off.

I think there's a very good chance that Pitt beats Cincy in Cincy, as they did earlier this year. In that case, #4 gets us a trip to Denver. I would also prefer to play Indy first -- I'm looking forward to that "I can't believe this is happening again" dazed look on the fans at Indy. Last time, the Pats played soft against Indy -- that won't happen again.

Should be no problem against Jax.

onegameatatime said:
I would also prefer to play Indy first -- I'm looking forward to that "I can't believe this is happening again" dazed look on the fans at Indy.

I too, want Indy in week 2 of the playoffs. I don't want Indy to even win one post season game this year. And I want revenge from the earlier this year.

italianpatthepatriot said:
when you are in the play-offs be seed 3 or 4 it is the same.

and we will be ready...

Stillers or Jaguars...

they will have to face the Champs and WE are the Champs !
Its not the same. Its the difference between playing in Cincinnati or playing in Foxboro if we meet the Bengals in the AFCCG.

And that would really take only one huge upset, the Bengals beating the Colts in round 2 (if we're the #3 seed) for it to happen in Foxboro rather than Cinn. I'll take the #3 seed.

J D Sal

mikey said:
Here are the possibilities:

(a) Fourth Seed:

Jax at NE ---> NE will win
Pit at Cincy ---> I like Pit to win

NE at Denver ---> Another NE win
Pit at Indy ---> Guts tells me Pit

Pit at NE ---> NE wins and goes to Detroit

(b) 3rd Seed:

Jax at Cincy ---> Cincy wins
Pit at NE ---> this it gonna be tough

NE at Indy ---> another tough one
Cincy at Denver --> Denver

NE at Denver ---> tough

Conclusion: The 4TH seed is the path of least resistance.

Your 3rd seed scenario is wrong. If both NE (#3 seed) and Cinn (#4 seed) win, Cinn would go to Indy second round. And if they upset 'em, which is possible the way Indy is playing, we're in Foxboro for the AFCCG against the Bengals.

I'll take the 3 seed all day long.

J D Sal

JDSal45 said:
Your 3rd seed scenario is wrong. If both NE (#3 seed) and Cinn (#4 seed) win, Cinn would go to Indy second round. And if they upset 'em, which is possible the way Indy is playing, we're in Foxboro for the AFCCG against the Bengals.

I'll take the 3 seed all day long.

J D Sal

My bad. :D -

Yeah ... Cincy goes to Indy and we go to Denver -- which is good.

But I am more worried about playing Pitts in the first round.

I prefer playing Indy in the Championship game, so #3 for me.

mikey said:
My bad. :D -

Yeah ... Cincy goes to Indy and we go to Denver -- which is good.

But I am more worried about playing Pitts in the first round.

If they can't beat Pitt, the #6 seed, at home they weren't going to win it anyways.

J D Sal

The point was that it wasn't who the Pats can beat it was who I want to see. I'm tired of playing Pit so from a fans point I'd rather see a Fla. team come into a NE winter and play. More fun to be at IMO. Sorry for the mis-spell of sight, wasn't paying attention.

PatsRI said:
The point was that it wasn't who the Pats can beat it was who I want to see. I'm tired of playing Pit so from a fans point I'd rather see a Fla. team come into a NE winter and play. More fun to be at IMO. Sorry for the mis-spell of sight, wasn't paying attention.
The most fun would be having the AFCCG at home if the Bengals can somehow upset the Colts. I'll take the #3 seed.

J D Sal

Ding Ding Ding a winning reply from JD SAL ..........The prospect of hosting another AFCCG is by far most exciting and desirable. Therefore, obtaining the number 3 seed would increase the chances of that happening.

As it is, the only way a number three can host the AFCCG is, obvioulsy, #1 & #2 lose, to think that if we end up being the #4 seed and then hoping that the #3 would also lose, is really remote. I wonder if that has ever happened before?

As stated earlier, to be the best, at some point a team must beat the best. Bring it on.....

JDSal45 said:
The most fun would be having the AFCCG at home if the Bengals can somehow upset the Colts. I'll take the #3 seed.

J D Sal
If Pitts is 6th and hot the same thing could happen...

Pats726 said:
If Pitts is 6th and hot the same thing could happen...
The only way the #4 seed can host the AFC Championship game is if the #1, #2 and #3 seeds have all been eliminated, as JDSal45 said.

Suppose we are #4. If #6 (Pittsburg most likely, or KC) is "hot", they could eliminate #3 in the wild card round. If #4 (us in this scenario) eliminates #5, the Division round would be #6 @ #1 (Colts) and #4 @ #3 (Cincy). If "hot" #6 and #4 (us) win, we would host the AFC Championship game.

mikey said:
Here are the possibilities:

(a) Fourth Seed:

NE at Denver ---> Another NE win

(b) 3rd Seed:

NE at Denver ---> tough

So why exactly is one game at Denver easy, but another tough ? The extra week is a wash: they could be a week better and stronger, or a week more banged up and exposed - for either team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back