PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

3 Months To Upgrade Bottom Of Roster

Someone else mentioned Zuber and Wilkerson could be in the mix for WR at camp. Maybe they deserve a chance before UDFA's ?

Gunner seemed to be improving over the course of last year. He wants it - he's going to do anything to stick with, and get more playing time (Meyers is the same type of player).

I'm not betting against either of them.

Gunner seemed to be improving over the course of last year. He wants it - he's going to do anything to stick with, and get more playing time (Meyers is the same type of player).

I'm not betting against either of them.

He could just be one of those guys though. I'm hopeful too. Sometimes you get a Julian Edelman who contributes immediately on ST and becomes a great regular player, but then sometimes you get a Matthew Slater who contributes immediately on ST and simply carves out a (superb) niche there. If all Gunner ends up being is a great punt returner who can fill in at WR in a pinch (but should never be more than that) I'm not going to be disappointed.

Someone else mentioned Zuber and Wilkerson could be in the mix for WR at camp. Maybe they deserve a chance before UDFA's ?
and Nixon and Gunner

Hope you are right. He and Agholor have very different roles in the offense. I don't see them as competing. Add the two TE's, plus a RB, is 11 guys. Take a TE off the field, or go empty, is when the other guys get routine playing time.

The "dynamic" or "#1" WR people want would replace Agholor (outside, deep). I don't see the upgrade potential as very high there, certainly not enough to be a priority.

And Julio Jones, or Larry Fitzpatrick replace Meyers, and I don't see the upgrade there as worth the investment, either.

Not to replace Agholor but in addition to him.

The "Why would we need to sign any more vet/undrafted free agents?" crowd seems to have forgotten that injuries happen.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back