PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PostGame Thread 23 Official Week 10 PostGame NE vs IND Reactions

Immediate Postgame Reactions
And Jonnu Smith is on pace for 800 yards and already has 4 TDs.

At some point, you have to believe it’s more than the player determining the numbers - particularly when you’re talking about a WR or RB, who can’t manufacture their chances.

They get ‘em or they don’t, and that’s on the OC and the QB.

Or the GM. I’m sure Pickens here would have behaved like an Angel and wouldn’t have been Boutted to the inactive list, right?
That's the thing about Pickens. He has some issues that could be a problem.

What I don't get about Mac is what happened to him. How did he get so messed up after a decent start? I know he took a lot of hits his first year so maybe he's scared. He looks like he is.

When I see the kid struggle this much it confirms my suspicions. He can't see the field.

In my 60 years of fandom I've seen an incredible amount of NYFL games. Too many to count. And I can't think of many games where a team won without scoring a TD. FGs just don't cut it.

In the 40 years I watched the Pats prior to Brady the Pats had some bad teams but none of them were as bad to watch as this team. Even the poor teams were at least likeable.

Bill's legacy as a genius is taking a huge hit with each losing season.

Injuries are no excuse. There was a time when fans here criticized excuse makers from other teams and now the shoe's on the other foot. Stop it.

You're getting caught up in a narrative that isn't accurate. I would say that Belichick is getting exposed as not being good at team-building without a quarterback who can make up for the philosophy they've tried to follow when it comes to opting for average talent vs adding impact players. I mean, I get mixing average guys in, but not having at least one impact player at all is just ridiculous. I'm sure somewhere the argument internally with him has been made that, "we didn't win with Moss or Welker" which - while true - happened prior to 2010 before the league really shifted.

Tom was clearly an anomaly, and Belichick's philosophy with the offensive side of the roster is 100% the problem. So I would say his presence exposed that, but the rest is just nonsense. As I said, put Belichick on the sidelines with the rosters some of the teams that have gotten bounced in the postseason in recent years, and I'd be willing to bet it's a different story.
Bill knows he needs impact players he just thinks he can find them in more creative ways and coach them up into it. Take Gronk and Edelman as examples he knows they're impact players and he got one in the second and the other in the 7th. Moss and Welker were trades. Stuff like that. Unfortunately and I would say in no small part due to the QB situation he's missed on almost all of his attempts at impact skill the last few years and even going back into the end of Brady with Sanu and Kneal.

Just remember what happened when Brady didn't have Coaching around him AND had a ton of injuries on the O-line 8-9 record. OH. Wait. Was I not supposed to point that out to you??
He made the playoffs and won the division still at age 45, some physical decline, and the whole divorce fiasco and had 4 comeback wins lol

To some I wonder if they think Tom should have 20 if we didn’t saddle him with a bad coach.
To some?

If you did a national poll at the end of the 2019 season, on who had the most influence on the Pats dynasty success, the results would've been 60/40 Belichick, maybe even 70/30. Today it would be 80/20 or 90/10 Brady. That's not to say that Bill's talents as a DC were not a large part of the success.

People continue to ignore the effect Brady had on the team, not on the field, but in the locker room. His leadership, hard work, sacrifice for the team, lead by example, caring for teammates, and 100% buy-in into Bill's BS was instrumental in allowing Bill, both as GM and HC, to do what he did. We've heard from ex-Pats how Bill would use Brady's contracts in negotiations. He also used the winning culture (of which Brady was obviously a huge part) to get team friendly deals from FAs. His mistakes as a GM were masked.

We've now witnessed for 3.5 years how those mistakes have come to the forefront w/o a guy like Brady in the building. Bill tried to keep some of the older dynasty players years too long to continue the mirage, but nobody can replace everything Brady brought to the team on and off the field. As beloved as Slater is, he ain't it (ST have sucked during these years).

Now, I see more and more Team Bill posters finally realizing this. Of course there's still some that will never let go. Andy wants Bill to coach until he dies because 'dynasty'. Lol

I liked Ashley, she was a unique addition to the forum being one of the very few girls. The forum definitely misses a few people, including her. That’s just my opinion and probably an unpopular one.
I was indifferent towards her but I miss all my n****s including her. We need all the negativity/optimism around here to keep the board active

To some?

If you did a national poll at the end of the 2019 season, on who had the most influence on the Pats dynasty success, the results would've been 60/40 Belichick, maybe even 70/30. Today it would be 80/20 or 90/10 Brady. That's not to say that Bill's talents as a DC were not a large part of the success.

People continue to ignore the effect Brady had on the team, not on the field, but in the locker room. His leadership, hard work, sacrifice for the team, lead by example, caring for teammates, and 100% buy-in into Bill's BS was instrumental in allowing Bill, both as GM and HC, to do what he did. We've heard from ex-Pats how Bill would use Brady's contracts in negotiations. He also used the winning culture (of which Brady was obviously a huge part) to get team friendly deals from FAs. His mistakes as a GM were masked.

We've now witnessed for 3.5 years how those mistakes have come to the forefront w/o a guy like Brady in the building. Bill tried to keep some of the older dynasty players years too long to continue the mirage, but nobody can replace everything Brady brought to the team on and off the field. As beloved as Slater is, he ain't it (ST have sucked during these years).

Now, I see more and more Team Bill posters finally realizing this. Of course there's still some that will never let go. Andy wants Bill to coach until he dies because 'dynasty'. Lol
People are ignorant, Tom didn't pick the players that helped him win 6 super bowls, he didn't manage the clock and all the other things a coach does. The disrespect Bill gets here is mind blowing after watching him for 20+ years, if you don't see what he accomplished you're either pissed that we're having a bad year or just don't want to see it.

People are ignorant, Tom didn't pick the players that helped him win 6 super bowls, he didn't manage the clock and all the other things a coach does. The disrespect Bill gets here is mind blowing after watching him for 20+ years, if you don't see what he accomplished you're either pissed that we're having a bad year or just don't want to see it.
He deserves his flowers and all of that once he's retired
Right now he's still the coach and GM of a team whose currently in the top 3 draft positioning wise and its not even December

What is it, EXACTLY, do you think BB does on the offensive side of the ball that is hurting the team?

Per BRADY, BB sits in with the Offense to discuss the plays for the week but it's the QB and OC who are the primary two running the Offensive Prep meeting with input from the position coaches.
That's what Brady said about back then. We don't know what he does now. There was talk he was calling plays at times last year.

After years of noticing that BB is thinking on another level, that punt team play that earned Indy a 70-yard punt had me thinking the same thing but in a bad way…

Tedy sounds emotional about this. And dissing Josh lol.

He already called for Bill to resign, for which he probably received push back. I doubt that's the case any more after this latest fiasco.

What a brilliant topic for a thread lmao

If the pats win their record will improve. Genius
We all know he's lying. He predicted a 4-2 or even 5-1 record during those 6 games. They went 1-5. Lol

Me too!!!!!!!! Are you ready?????????? Lol :)
That was some of the stuff posters were getting tired of from her.

Tedy sounds emotional about this. And dissing Josh lol.

This pretty much sums up what he thinks of Josh. Josh was the waterboy (yes I know what his title was) when he first came to the Pats in 2001.

What I don't get about Mac is what happened to him. How did he get so messed up after a decent start? I know he took a lot of hits his first year so maybe he's scared. He looks like he is.

When I see the kid struggle this much it confirms my suspicions. He can't see the field.

In my 60 years of fandom I've seen an incredible amount of NYFL games. Too many to count. And I can't think of many games where a team won without scoring a TD. FGs just don't cut it.

In the 40 years I watched the Pats prior to Brady the Pats had some bad teams but none of them were as bad to watch as this team. Even the poor teams were at least likeable.

Bill's legacy as a genius is taking a huge hit with each losing season.

Injuries are no excuse. There was a time when fans here criticized excuse makers from other teams and now the shoe's on the other foot. Stop it.
Let's remember that he faded in the last several games of his 1st year.

Opposing coaches see film. They determine how many things a guy can't do.

1. Refuses to throw early to wide open backs or WRs in the flat. RESULT: DON'T GUARD THE FLAT
2. Locks into the center of the field. RESULT: FLOOD THE CENTER OF THE FIELD
3. Gets happy feet: RESULT: SEND MULTIPLE RUSHERS UP THE GUT
4. Weak arm, can't throw an out: RESULT: FLOOD THE MIDDLE OF THE FIELD
5. Won't throw long. RESULT: ONE SAFETY UP TOP, YOU CAN CHEAT UP

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes