PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PostGame Thread 23 Official Week 10 PostGame NE vs IND Reactions

Immediate Postgame Reactions
Worse than 2-8 and no offense for like…months?

Seriously doubt it
Absolutely

Just wait until.there is no OL depth and the 1st round pick WRs are hurt and can't play.

Bill has been ruthless in replacing people when it's time for him to go. Why does he now deserve mercy himself now that it's his?
Whether or not he deserves mercy, most/all coaches have what players don't: guaranteed contracts. If Kraft fires Belichick, he still has to pay him the rest of his contract and Belichick can go anywhere he wants that'll have him.

Sorry, but Bill should be fired tomorrow, if not right now. We've had all these years post-brady for him to show us he still has it and he has failed every step of the way. I don't buy into the "he deserves to play out the year" stuff, if anything Kraft has a moral responsibility to demonstrate the Patriot way by removing the poorly-performing GM/coach and look for his replacement. Stick Mayo in the spot for the season and then find the long-term solution in the offseason.

Bill has been ruthless in replacing people when it's time for him to go. Why does he now deserve mercy himself now that it's his?
Never mind "deserves" or this moral responsibility to the Patriot Way nonsense you are spewing.

Firing a coach mid-season accomplishes nothing unless there is a significant mutiny in the locker room which needs to be resolved (see the Raiders).

Yes- Bill needs to move on but for none of those reasons right now.

They have been a few plays away each game except DAL and NO. That is also not a reason to fire a coach mid-season. They just suck.

Between now and January 7th Bill's job is to guide the team through the next 8 games with class and to a top 5 draft pick.

if we're standing pat without firing anyone, than I have finally crossed sides and believe we have to play a new QB.
BUT, only if BB is forced to also play all the young/quick WR's. I'm not Zappe fan, but he doesn't have the mental garbage, so he could feasibly play loose if we just go to a wild & free offense. I have no faith that Grier has much to offer either.

I’m seeing mocks with McCarthy going Top 5 one where he went 3.
Then I saw one where we trade 2 first and 2 seconds to move up to 1 for Willams.
That, IIRC, was by Chris Trapasso, whose mocks were so terrible that the NFL Draft subreddit at one point blacklisted cbssports.com entirely.

if we're standing pat without firing anyone, than I have finally crossed sides and believe we have to play a new QB.
BUT, only if BB is forced to also play all the young/quick WR's. I'm not Zappe fan, but he doesn't have the mental garbage, so he could feasibly play loose if we just go to a wild & free offense. I have no faith that Grier has much to offer either.
If we have to "force" the coach to do something then that coach doesn't belong there a moment longer.

I’m seeing mocks with McCarthy going Top 5 one where he went 3.
Then I saw one where we trade 2 first and 2 seconds to move up to 1 for Willams.
Mccarthy is NOT a 1st round talent. Now, will someone draft him there?

Maybe.

But JP Lossman, Brady Quinn, and Blaine Gabbert shouldn’t have been 1st rounders either.

This obsession with reaching for QB’s is wild

He just panicked and threw into quadruple coverage to end the last game.

I'd be open to seeing Grier.

I have been hearing on the radio that Belichick may have wanted to prove a point that Mac wasn't the guy and also that O'Brien was forced on him. So he didn't invest in the talent for Mac. I don't believe that. But if that is the case, it was monumentally stupid on Belichick's part. I truly always believed that this year, Mac's and Belichick's fates were intertwined and it was unlikely that one would survive without the other. Now both are likely done in New England.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back