PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

22 Things to Not Look Forward To If Newton Starts Tonight

Ian

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
I'll let the images speak for themselves, and these are only the bat downs and one-hops, etc. I came across going back through the entire season last night and not in any particular order:

49ers at Patriots on 10_25_2020 - NFL Game Pass _ Every Game Live Including Playoffs and the S...gif

Broncos at Patriots on 10_18_2020 - NFL Game Pass _ Every Game Live Including Playoffs and the...gif

Broncos at Patriots on 10_18_2020 - NFL Game Pass _ Every Game Live Including Playoffs and the...gif

Dolphins at Patriots on 9_13_2020 - NFL Game Pass _ Every Game Live Including Playoffs and the...gif

Dolphins at Patriots on 9_13_2020 - NFL Game Pass _ Every Game Live Including Playoffs and the...gif

Patriots at Bills on 11_1_2020 - NFL Game Pass _ Every Game Live Including Playoffs and the Su...gif

Patriots at Bills on 11_1_2020 - NFL Game Pass _ Every Game Live Including Playoffs and the Su...gif

Patriots at Chargers on 12_6_2020 - NFL Game Pass _ Every Game Live Including Playoffs and the...gif

Patriots at Dolphins on 12_20_2020 - NFL Game Pass _ Every Game Live Including Playoffs and th...gif

Patriots at Dolphins on 12_20_2020 - NFL Game Pass _ Every Game Live Including Playoffs and th...gif

Patriots at Rams on 12_10_2020 - NFL Game Pass _ Every Game Live Including Playoffs and the Su...gif

Patriots at Rams on 12_10_2020 - NFL Game Pass _ Every Game Live Including Playoffs and the Su...gif

Patriots at Seahawks on 9_20_2020 - NFL Game Pass _ Every Game Live Including Playoffs and the...gif

Patriots at Texans on 11_22_2020 - NFL Game Pass _ Every Game Live Including Playoffs and the ...gif

Patriots at Texans on 11_22_2020 - NFL Game Pass _ Every Game Live Including Playoffs and the ...gif

Raiders at Patriots on 9_27_2020 - NFL Game Pass _ Every Game Live Including Playoffs and the ...gif

Raiders at Patriots on 9_27_2020 - NFL Game Pass _ Every Game Live Including Playoffs and the ...gif

Ravens at Patriots on 11_15_2020 - NFL Game Pass _ Every Game Live Including Playoffs and the ...gif

Great thread! Thanks for the work Ian :thumbsup:

Yep, there are some advocating that we need to see if this is the New England Patriots backup QB for next season.

Let's hit my thumb with a hammer 23 times...maybe it won't hurt then.

iceicebaby_7bf3ac_4883796.gif

Yep, there are some advocating that we need to see if this is the New England Patriots backup QB for next season.

Let's hit my thumb with a hammer 23 times...maybe it won't hurt then.
I will say, the difference between how he threw the ball through the first few games is dramatically different to where he is now, which caused me to at least start trying to figure out what happened. But going through all his throws, I honestly couldn't pinpoint it down to a moment where the issue may have started, other than to say a lot of the short hops didn't seem to start until midway through the season and the really badly thrown balls seemed to start later in the season as well.

Does he have a shoulder injury, and is that the reason? Is the reason he holds the ball longer now than earlier in the year because he's doubting his ability to make the throw because of it? Those are questions that we probably won't get any type of answer to - if at all - until after the season.

That's the one thing I did take away from this. But even healthy - if there is indeed an issue - I get why they signed him and I like him as a person, but just don't view him as the long-term solution.

#1 really set the tone. Absolutely brutal QB play.

Anyone else feel like they're watching basketball with the amount of bounce passes?

2020 Patriots #1 receiver: #69 T. Ground

of all places, the Globe put out a pretty good article on BB not benching Bledsoe in 2000:

“If you play somebody that a coach feels has other players ahead of him, I don’t know what message you’re sending to the rest of the team. The message that I’m trying to send is that each week, we’re going to do everything we can to win" - BB

Its pretty clear. Bill has set up the team "Culture" to earning the right to play by preparation and seizing opportunity. Clearly Stid hasn't earned it, so BB is sending the (right) message to the team... playing time is not given its earned. Clearly BB thinks picking up two more wins this year is more valuable than moving up 3-5 (or whatever the number will be) in the draft. Thats why he is a great coach and has set up this winning mentality in Foxboro that every other team in the league cannot reach. I hate to admit it, because I want to see Stidd play as well, but it's the right approach on this one. If he makes this a tryout for next season, he sets the wrong message for the young guys on the team....

@Ian : too many years on this site ! They’ve changed you from mild mannered Everyman to an evil inferwebz villain !!!

(I still think it took someone with panache to QB after Brady and Cam had that. Sadly, he lacked the skills required to succeed on the field.)

• Ha Ha
Reactions: Ian
Brian Flores doesn’t hesitate to pull the starter, he’s done it twice this year and it doesn’t seem to have ruined team chemistry in Miami.

@Ian : too many years on this site ! They’ve changed you from mild mannered Everyman to an evil inferwebz villain !!!

(I still think it took someone with panache to QB after Brady and Cam had that. Sadly, he lacked the skills required to succeed on the field.)

There had to be a "Guy After TB12", an unenviable role even in the best of circumstances. If nothing else, he took that particular arrow for us and left the slate clean for the next man up.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back