PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT DAY DISCUSSION 2024 Draft Day LIVE Discussion Thread Day 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
6’5”, 317 lbs, 34” arms, 10.75” hands. That’s a tackle folks. What I recall from watching Penn State this year, trying to get a look at Fashanu, was that they ran behind Wallace about 10 times more than they ran behind Olu. Not thrilled at all but will hope the Pats finally have OL coaching above the Klemm-Yates-Patricia cretin level

So why not just draft a LT? Why is this team always picking people then trying to convert them to a different position and watching it more often than not flat out fail.
Quite a few of the top tackle prospects this year are college right tackles that people project as left tackles.

Kinda wondering if Strange's injury effected Mayo's approach to OT.

Watching all these teams moving up while we sit there, thumb-twiddling.

I really hope Wolf doesn’t get GM after this FA and Draft sequence. Tooooo conservative.

The only thing they did differently and better was sign back their guys.
What did you want him to do burn his picks trading up? The jury will be if he finds some gems in these later rounds. Won't know until later this year or next

Forecasted for later rounds

Meet the new boss, Same as the old boss…..

6’5”, 317 lbs, 34” arms, 10.75” hands. That’s a tackle folks. What I recall from watching Penn State this year, trying to get a look at Fashanu, was that they ran behind Wallace about 10 times more than they ran behind Olu. Not thrilled at all but will hope the Pats finally have OL coaching above the Klemm-Yates-Patricia cretin level
Makes sense Wolf specifically said they want to run the ball.

The only thing I can think of is the patellar injury for Strange is going to knock his career back an entire year. It is a bad injury.

BUT why not stick Jake Andrews at Strange's spot, he played well there for one game.

Especially when you need a LT
Maybe just forget about LT and add another RT. Go with 2 RTs

Forecasted for later rounds

Meet the new boss, Same as the old boss…..
Bill wouldn’t have signed his own guys or drafted Maye.
Bill would of traded down and drafted Cooper Dejean.

Not a great one... maybe not even a good one.

Patrick Paul
6-8 331
5.13 forty
29.0 vertical
30 bench
7.65 cone
4.71 shuttle
86 ¼ wingspan 36 ¼ arms

Caedan Wallace
6-5 314
5.15 forty
31.0 vertical
No bench
7.73 cone
4.96 shuttle
82 5/8 wingspan 34 arms

Not even sure he's a tackle, if he struggles they'll have to move him inside. Look at the ^ wingspan disparity.

His mobility isn't good. His vertical (explosion) is good and his forty is good... beyond that he didn't bench which is problematic. If he's weak, he'll be a bench player this season.

This seems like they realized they screwed up after a massive run on tackles and desperately took a guy.

Last edited:
“They took a mid 2nd round in the early 2nd round, and a 4th round guy in the 3rd round! At positions we badly need to fix! Fire them”
We literally addressed all three of our major needs.

“No! Don’t do it like that!”

Not a great one... maybe not even a good one.

Patrick Paul
6-8 331
5.13 forty
29.0 vertical
30 bench
7.65 cone
4.71 shuttle
86 ¼ wingspan 36 ¼ arms

Caedan Wallace
6-5 314
5.15 forty
31.0 vertical
No bench
7.73 cone
4.96 shuttle
82 5/8 wingspan 34 arms

Not even sure he's a tackle, if he struggles they'll have to move him inside. Look at the ^ wingspan disparity.

His mobility isn't good. His vertical (explosion) is good and his forty is good... beyond that he didn't bench which is problematic. If he's weak he'll be a bench player this season.

This seems like they realized they screwed up after a massive run on tackles and desperately took a guy.
They had him in for a visit.
Tells me they planned to take him at some point.
Maybe they took him earlier than expected because the run on.

That’s nice, but he seems to have problems on the right side with speed rushers in college. How in the world does he switch to the left side and protect the passer?

Don’t need to be a beefcake as a left tackle. That’s more about pass protection than run blocking. They’ll run behind Onwenu and Sow when they wanna get nasty. Wallace just needs to focus on giving Brissett and later Maye more than 0.75 seconds before being pressured.

• Agree
Reactions: Ian
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Back