PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT DAY DISCUSSION 2024 Draft Day LIVE Discussion Thread Day 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I consider a big problem for us to be wide receivers who don’t seem to “get it”. Hard to qualify exactly what that means but it felt like Harry never put in the work to be a good, smart player. Nor has Thornton. They both look clueless when on the field.

This kid, based on the minimal content I’ve seen and read seems to have his head correctly on his shoulders and works hard. We’ve seen what that alone can do. Players like Jakobi Meyers carved out legitimate careers through work ethic. Hopefully Polk is the anti-Harry/Tyquan in that regard.
“Amen” to that!

Mike Reiss had the Pats taking Jon Beason 100% guaranteed. That's when I stopped taking Mike opinion on players and who the Pats would pick seriously.

Yates was high on N'Keal Harry as well.

They're not more informed than anyone else..
I’m not even sure those guys even watch much college. They just read the same nonsense most fans do.

Kevin Stefanski looks like he’s being held prisoner in the Cleveland draft room

Det and Miami are prime trade candidates.

And they let him go because he was being over-paid and the guy that was supposed to be their LT was sucking but doing ok at RT.
There were better players available for similar or better money.

They let him go because their line sucked, we literally traded them the first round pick last season for Okorafor's replacement.

I don't get the white knighting for the collaboration station.

I liked the Maye pick, the Polk pick was a reach, the Okorafor signing sucked... why do posters take it personally?

Maybe but if he becomes a good #2 receiver he’ll have been one of the best WR picks of ours in 30 years.

I could definitely live with that.
Not good enough

There goes Patrick Paul to Miami.

Damnit, there goes paul. Trade up for suama???

I don't know about you guys, but watching Adonai, his talent just pops. He has that burst, those quick cuts, that wiggle.

There's a reason he scored so many TDs for Texas. His TD rate was special.

Whoever is drafting WRs for the Colts is killing it with Josh Downs, Alec Pierce and now Adonai Mitchell. He knows what he's doing.
He seemed to play thinner than 200 lbs for some reason.

I don't know about you guys, but watching Adonai, his talent just pops. He has that burst, those quick cuts, that wiggle.

There's a reason he scored so many TDs for Texas. His TD rate was special.

Whoever is drafting WRs for the Colts is killing it with Josh Downs, Alec Pierce and now Adonai Mitchell. He knows what he's doing.
Pierce is a mediocre 3/4 WR.. His production went down despite a more than 40% increase in snaps. I'm willing to put some of that on the QB situation, but a lot is him.

Are you going to trust the "Bust" people in the peanut gallery or the team personnel guys? Give it time.
I agree, our new WR Coach Tyler Hughes coached Polk at UW, he should know him... you'd think.

I consider a big problem for us to be wide receivers who don’t seem to “get it”. Hard to qualify exactly what that means but it felt like Harry never put in the work to be a good, smart player. Nor has Thornton. They both look clueless when on the field.

This kid, based on the minimal content I’ve seen and read seems to have his head correctly on his shoulders and works hard. We’ve seen what that alone can do. Players like Jakobi Meyers carved out legitimate careers through work ethic. Hopefully Polk is the anti-Harry/Tyquan in that regard.
I can hardly ever judge a guy's route running since a lot of that has to do with the coaches themselves.

But the knock on Polk is also route running.

Is this a matter of lack of hard work if Tyquan isn't developing his routes? Maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Back