PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT DAY DISCUSSION 2024 Draft Day LIVE Discussion Thread Day 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are so many biggity b*tches here who know virtually nothing about Polk yet they are blasting the pick and stating confidently that he wasn’t worth a second round pick.

As an olive branch to my fellow Pats fans, I’d just like to say to each of you that

View attachment 57804
As Kyed said, many teams in the back half of the 2nd (you know, the teams with winning records and in the playoffs last year) were hoping to get Polk when their pick came up. Not sure how that makes him a reach 10 picks earlier.

There’s debating and then there’s declaring the kid a bust immediately. Most detractors here are doing more of the latter than the former.
He doesn't have to be a bust to be a bad pick in the second round.

They could have gotten similar production from a 5th or 6th round WR.

Jakobi Meyers was an UDFA.

N'Keal's draft profile....

—Ideal No. 1 wide receiver build at 6'2" and a rocked-up 228 pounds with long arms, long legs and broad shoulders.
—Owns the 50-50 ball with some Randy Moss-type plays on tape; elevates from the field flawlessly and has a great ability to adjust and track the ball in the air.
—Uses his length and leaping ability to make big plays in the red zone and on the boundary when going up to attack the ball.
—Knows how to separate with his body and route-running ability; running a 4.53 at the scouting combine was a major win for him.
—Yards-after-catch master who's physical running with the ball in his hands; looks to pick up extra yardage and doesn't go down easily.
—Big enough to beat press coverage off the line of scrimmage; has some Michael Thomas-like confidence and play style at the line when corners try to walk up on him.
—Loves football and plays with a dog mentality; will stalk block and get physical in the run game; not afraid to take on tacklers.

It was completely wrong... Physical receivers who can't separate works well in college, in the pros not so much. Polk might be mentally tougher than N'Keal, at best he'll become a physical possession receiver. Not worth a second round pick.
Yeah, I have PTSD, too, but they’re not the same person.

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear…. What is it about this team and the second round? Granted we made a few more than decent picks over the years, (Gronk, Light, to name the two). The last decent receiver we picked in round 2 was Deon Branch in 2002, yup - 22 years ago! We coulda had Mitchell and shoulda had McConkey and we end up with who I really hope isn’t to be a “slow Polk”…. Cripes, seems like just yesterday we drafted our speedy “One Catch Wonder” T. Thornton in the, let me think, oh yeah , the Seoond Round!!
Mitchell was sitting there and I have no F’ing idea why they didn’t take him….liked McConkey a lot too and Piersall out of Florida can play anywhere…..personally not crazy about this pick ….gives me too many vibes of the guys we already have

Wouldn't be a terrible idea to make a move to trade back into the second round for an OT. In theory if we did that and all three picks pan out pretty good we are in business.

So, this should help Drake Maye’s supposed “timing” issues, right?
Being the same size does
N'Keal's draft profile....

—Ideal No. 1 wide receiver build at 6'2" and a rocked-up 228 pounds with long arms, long legs and broad shoulders.
—Owns the 50-50 ball with some Randy Moss-type plays on tape; elevates from the field flawlessly and has a great ability to adjust and track the ball in the air.
—Uses his length and leaping ability to make big plays in the red zone and on the boundary when going up to attack the ball.
—Knows how to separate with his body and route-running ability; running a 4.53 at the scouting combine was a major win for him.
—Yards-after-catch master who's physical running with the ball in his hands; looks to pick up extra yardage and doesn't go down easily.
—Big enough to beat press coverage off the line of scrimmage; has some Michael Thomas-like confidence and play style at the line when corners try to walk up on him.
—Loves football and plays with a dog mentality; will stalk block and get physical in the run game; not afraid to take on tacklers.

It was completely wrong... Physical receivers who can't separate works well in college, in the pros not so much. Polk might be mentally tougher than N'Keal, at best he'll become a physical possession receiver. Not worth a second round pick.
if He becomes a physical possession receiver and is a starter he’s 100% worth a second

Not only are they killing it, they already have an amazing team and just signed their best player to a long term contract. And that player actually was hoping the Pats would have drafted him !!
Thanks for bringing that fresh material to the table! First time ever that has been posted here!

Maybe we can go get a burner still?
god I wish we had a QB we could of took Nabors or Harrison Jr.

Trade up for OT.

We have Polk at home.

4 times, actually, take your pick.

Adonai Mitchell, who's NOT a Kendrick Bourne clone, was still on the board.
Well said

I am not as worried about where he was suppose to go and more about his skillset. Literally a copy of Harry's draft profile.

At least based on some tweets he is a brave route runner which Harry was not.
All these Harry posts leave something out….the personality and human behind the skill set. By all accounts this Polk dude is a hard worker and ferocious. Harry was soft as soft can be mentally.

The draft sometimes is a bit of an in-exact science gang. No one is a bust yet. It is going to take a year to determine that. Let the young guys develop, get their reps in and put in that work. Agreed, those hands are gonna be tested contesting balls against men in the NFL.

Games are not won on paper. Always look forward to seeing what these cats can do...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Back